No Nic vapors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamruck

Dec 12, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to the vapeing community. I started vapeing almost a month ago, and 2 1/2 weeks into it I kicked the nic and have been vapeing 0 nic since. I'm wondering if there are many others out there who vape no nic juice, either because your using it as a replacement and trying to keep the craves away, or just simply because you enjoy the activity and flavors? I'm not using nicotine anymore, but vapeing no nic REALLY keeps my cravings away.

Shamruck

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I've tried 0 nic juice but just can't do it. I just gave up tobacco a few months ago, so one step at a time, I guess. :D I have finally gotten to the point where my 18mg juice seems too strong, and that was the minimum nic level I could vape initially, so I'm improving. I just mixed up a batch of juice last night and it worked out to about 13mg per ml. That's about right for me now. I guess I'll have to eventually get down to 0 nic as more laws and taxes rear their ugly heads, but for now give me nic! :laugh:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
I've been vaping for the same amount of time & good for you. In my humble opinion, I don't think the body absorbes the same amount of nic when compared to smoking. It may have to do with several reasons like nic levels and the heat. I really believe there is a difference with these 2 types of delivery systems. I noticed after 5 days of no cigs, my dependancy for a vape started to lessen - like when I had quit before with the patch. Don't get me wrong, I believe there is nic being released through inhaling but I don't think its anywhere as strong or effective like a cig. If it was, everyone who power vaped for long period of time would probably start to show signs of overdozing on nic like my brother who did with the patch on an 12hr flight, got to the airport & smoked a cig - he got weak with breathing problems & a fast heartrate etc. Again just an opinion.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I started vaping on 7/13/11 - I ordered various nic levels at first, but nothing over 11mg - I was actually afraid I was going to get too much nicotine! My stash included some 0-nic cartomizers (Wow from V4L - peppermint - still one of my favorites to this day). On 7/25/11, I mistakenly brought a pack of 0-nic cartos to work with me. I vaped it all day and it was not bad (my first PV was a KR808D1 from Cigeasy - still going strong by the way) - so I decided to just go ahead and quit the nic. From that day on, I have been happily vaping 0-nic. I disagree about there not being a throat hit - I have found a couple juices - including the Wow peppermint - that to me have a great throat hit. Copper Creek's grogg and Johnson Creek's black cherry tobacco - these are my go to juices.

I think for me it is being a part of this community as well as just having something for my hands to do - I don't vape at work at all anymore. Plus, I just really enjoy it!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yes I think zero nic is very satisfying and recommend everyone try it. I still use nic too, but my daily zero nic is Key Lime and it actually has some TH although mild, if i inhale too fast it takes my breath away too! LOL I like to use it when I feel I have already reached my nic intake. Right now I am at 6mg, 12 is just too strong for me right now so am diluting everything, so some zero vapes are great to add to the the mix. Oh and cinnamon red hots zero nic, oh yeah there is a TH! :) I have to watch that stuff it is strong for me. bnrk

araczynski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
omaha, ne
a lot of if is the hand to mouth psychological thing, but then again also depends on how much/long you've been smoking. i'm at 18mg, and hope to eventually drop to 0, but it seem the less nic, the less throat hit. i suspect that once i'm at the point of having 0 nic, there'd be no point in vaping either, for me. i mean vaping is night and day as compared to smoking, but a nicotine addiction is still an addiction, whether you're sucking 4000 carcinogens or none.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Yes I think zero nic is very satisfying and recommend everyone try it. I still use nic too, but my daily zero nic is Key Lime and it actually has some TH although mild, if i inhale too fast it takes my breath away too! LOL I like to use it when I feel I have already reached my nic intake. Right now I am at 6mg, 12 is just too strong for me right now so am diluting everything, so some zero vapes are great to add to the the mix. Oh and cinnamon red hots zero nic, oh yeah there is a TH! :) I have to watch that stuff it is strong for me. bnrk

There is a big difference between good throat hit and throat irritation. Additives and liquids with strong flavors (just an additive) produce throat irritation. But that is NOT good, true throat hit produced by warmer vapor (better batteries) and nicotine strength. I've tried them all and know the difference.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ

I think everyone should do what they want to do. I'm happy for people that use 0 nic and like it. Just like I'm happy for people that vape 36 and like it if they aren't smoking cigarettes and that's their goal.

I'm just confused as to why you think everyone should try it. Why should they?

Will o Wisp

Feb 17, 2011
DELCO, PA
Do a lot of 0 nic and enjoy it.40 yrs of 2-3.5 PAD Started at 11mg 304 days ago and went steadily less. I make some mixes that are 1-3mg nic. And occasionally 4mg. Basically proved to me that the other additives were equal or greater than the nicotine addiction (for me anyway). Sometimes I vape pretty heavy on the 0. I guess the hand/mouth bit was(is) a major part for me.
I wanted to quit. Failed many times before finding the E-cig. Started and continue to stay w the Kr8 products-Batts,atty's cartomizers,PT's PCC's car PT etc. Don't want to go up in power. Made sure I couldn't run out or be w/o the vape. Try hard to stay away from tobacco flavors. Stick w black w blue LED's and xl batts when I go remote so it's different as a kr8 can be compared to analogs.
Yeah-so I traded off-Switched-doing something different that completely satisfies me and replaces my analog habit.
I get a great TH and volume from what I use. As stated by some previously--try some stronger flavors when you first go to 0 to compensate for less TH. I did mint, lemon, sassafras and mojito. They worked for me.
As I write I'm vaping-Allsorts =licorice,anise,coconut & cream at 1mg nic. PT powered by my computer-901 atty. Great TH and enough volume to block out the screen. Is there a difference between this and my 0 batch? not that i can really tell.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Do a lot of 0 nic and enjoy it.40 yrs of 2-3.5 PAD Started at 11mg 304 days ago and went steadily less. I make some mixes that are 1-3mg nic. And occasionally 4mg. Basically proved to me that the other additives were equal or greater than the nicotine addiction (for me anyway). Sometimes I vape pretty heavy on the 0. I guess the hand/mouth bit was(is) a major part for me.
I wanted to quit. Failed many times before finding the E-cig. Started and continue to stay w the Kr8 products-Batts,atty's cartomizers,PT's PCC's car PT etc. Don't want to go up in power. Made sure I couldn't run out or be w/o the vape. Try hard to stay away from tobacco flavors. Stick w black w blue LED's and xl batts when I go remote so it's different as a kr8 can be compared to analogs.
Yeah-so I traded off-Switched-doing something different that completely satisfies me and replaces my analog habit.
I get a great TH and volume from what I use. As stated by some previously--try some stronger flavors when you first go to 0 to compensate for less TH. I did mint, lemon, sassafras and mojito. They worked for me.
As I write I'm vaping-Allsorts =licorice,anise,coconut & cream at 1mg nic. PT powered by my computer-901 atty. Great TH and enough volume to block out the screen. Is there a difference between this and my 0 batch? not that i can really tell.

NONE of what you wrote fits with what 98% of vapers have described on this and other vaping sites. There just is NO way you can get true throat hit on 0 nic liquid. Your definition of throat hit and everyone elses is obviously quite different. Also, vapor volume has nothing to do with throat hit. You can have clouds of vapor and no throat hit and you can have only a whisp of vapor and have great throat hit.

I'm glad it is working for you, but it will not work for about 98% of those who vape, want/need warm vapor and true throat hit to stay away from smoking.

Last edited:
First off, hi all, new to the forum, etc.

I don't personally like a strong throat hit and got off the stronger cigs years back due to easily getting a scratchy throat and generally vape at 4-7mg strength (custom mixed liquid) and I've been trying to beef up the feel without going for that extra nicotine. I've found that 0mg doesn't give any throat hit with a standard liquid, which is what I was using during the scratchy coughy transition period, but adding menthol crystals/liquid can give some body to the vapour. It doesn't feel like nicotine but allows you to feel the vapour going down, and that's good enough to keep it enjoyable without the chemical addiction. Menthol crystals in particular are really strong so you do have to rein yourself in and avoid adding more than just a hint to get a stronger body (it'll wreck your throat faster than nicotine), and it works best with sweeter flavours rather than tobacco. I actually had some luck making a 0nic liquid using Perfumer's Apprentice hazelnut and coconut flavourings in a cheap halved strength Dekang menthol PG base. Gives a really nice smooth vape and the menthol isn't strong enough to drown out the subtle nuttiness if you halve the base liquid. I do think the success of this has something to do with hazelnut too tho, since the buttery note of that flavour can also add some body.

Basically, experimentation is key and mixing your own liquids is essential for a satisfying experience without the nicotine.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
......... I've found that 0mg doesn't give any throat hit with a standard liquid, which is what I was using during the scratchy coughy transition period, but adding menthol crystals/liquid can give some body to the vapour. It doesn't feel like nicotine but allows you to feel the vapour going down, and that's good enough to keep it enjoyable without the chemical addiction. ............

I might give that a try at lower nic levels. I know it won't be true throat hit, but your description sounds about right that it might provide enough "feel" to lessen the loss of the throat hit. Good observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread