No Vape Cave is Complete Without This Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
It’s not everyday that you get to see a device which claims to be the strongest mod in the vape game. Meet the Geekvape Aegis legend which is a dual battery, follow up to the original Aegis which took a single 26650 battery. The Aegis legend still lives up to its title for being water resistant and extremely durable. What makes a mod like this a great kit for new vapers wanting a mod is that it’s completely sealed off. As some of you may know or might have experienced before, a leaking tank can cause all sort of damage to a mod and eventually brick the device. With the Aegis Legend being water-proof, its an excellent choice for a new vaper as many new vapers are going to try out RTA’s at some point and experience leaking.

Legend 2.jpg

Specifications and features
  • Dimensions: 90.5 mm by 58.5 mm by 30.6 mm
  • Dual high-amp 18650 batteries – not included
  • Wattage output range: 1-100 W
  • Temperature control range: 200-600 F
  • Minimum atomizer resistance: 0.05 ohm
  • Supports nickel | titanium | and stainless-steel heating elements
  • Temperature coefficient of resistance adjustments (TCR)
  • VPC mode – power curve adjustments
  • Bypass mode
  • Intuitive 0.91-inch OLED full-color display
  • Durable zinc & aluminum zinc alloy construction
  • LSR silicone mold
  • Stainless steel powder metallurgy
  • Premium leather grip section
  • Incredible shockproof system
  • IP67 water proof and dust-proof system
  • Rocker-style firing button
  • Bottom-loaded hinged battery cap
  • Spring-loaded gold-plated 510 connection
  • Available in silver | black & orange | snakeskin | camo | stealth black
Kit Contents
  • Aegis Legend 200 W box mod
  • Aero Mesh sub ohm tank (with full kit)
  • 0.4 ohm quad coil
  • Spare bubble glass tube
  • Micro USB cable
  • Spare accessory bag
  • Instructional manual

Legend 5.jpg

Design and Build Quality:

Geekvape has stuck to the original design of the Aegis with the key difference being that it is now powered by 2 x 18650 batteries as opposed to its predecessor which was powered by a single 26650 battery. The use of 2 18650 means that the mod now goes up to 200w as opposed to the previous Aegis which could do 100w only. According to Geekvape, the Aegis legend is constructed with 6 different materials to make it military standard and the device feels like military standard. Although very durable, you would expect the Aegis legend to be very big and bulky but that isn’t the case. In fact, the Aegis legend is as tall as other dual battery mods and only slightly wider. The mod is ergonomically designed and fits perfectly in the hand. The use of leather padding on the sides was a nice touch as it makes the device feel much more comfortable to use. Equipped by Geekvape’s most advanced AS Chipset, you now have a device that’s more powerful, faster, accurate and has a colour screen. On the front of your device you have your colour screen display as well as adjustment and fire buttons. You can shake the device as much as you want but you won’t hear any button rattle.

Legend 9.jpg

The mod is completely sealed, from the USB port down to the venting holes which means that it’s still IP67 Waterproof up to 1 meter and the use of silicone around the sides means that it is still shock resistant. Even though the mod is built like a tank, Geekvape themselves recommend that you do not purposefully drop it from high as it’s likely that you may risk damage to the batteries or the waterproof capabilities. Will I test out the waterproof feature? Definitely!

The Aegis Legend is without a doubt, the most solid regulated device I have ever held. The last device I had that was this solid was the Hohm Wrecker G2 but the Aegis legend trumps that device in build quality and design. This device has such good build quality that if you were to tell me it was made in the US, I wouldn’t even question it.

Legend 8.jpg

Starting at the top of the device, you have a centered 510 pin which is capable of accommodating atomizers as big as 30mm without overhang. The 510 is sealed so no water or liquid can make its way into the mod. I did stress test the 510 pin by wiggling an RDA but no damage occurred so I would say it’s unlikely that you may experience issues with the 510. At the top you also have the USB port which is covered with a rubber seal. To access the USB port, you simply remove the rubber seal and insert your USB charging cable.

On the front of your device you have all your control buttons and firing button. The firing button on this device is quite large so you won’t miss it. You also have a bright color screen display with large text so it’s easy to read the display even outdoors.

Legend 10.jpg

At the bottom of the device you have a sliding battery door which is quite easy to open but once you insert your batteries, you need to push it down and then slide it so that it locks into place.

Overall, I would give this mod a solid 9.5/10 for its build quality. The only reason I’m not giving a 10 is because of the battery door. That said, it isn’t a major problem or a PITA.

Menus Functions:

The mod has all the functions such as:
  • Wattage mode/Power – 5w up to 200w with a resistance range of 0.05-3 ohms
  • Temperature Control Ni200 – Resistance range of 0.05-0.8 ohms
  • Temperature Control Ti – Resistance range of 0.05-1.1 ohms
  • Temperature Control SS316 – Resistance range of 0.05 – 1.65 ohms
  • Bypass Mode – This acts like a ‘mechanical mod’ mode with a resistance range of 0.05-3 ohms.
  • Temperature Control TCR Mode – Adjust the TCR value of your wire to Temperature Control it.
  • VPC Mode – Customize your wattage settings for each second of your draw
You can also change the colour of your display to 3 different colors such as Blue, Light Blue and Red. I would’ve liked to see more color options being available. That said, I think the default light blue is probably the best color for the display.

Using the Aegis Legend:

The Aegis Legend, being a waterproof device meant that I had to put it under water to see if it will survive. According to GeekVape, this device will survive under water at a depth of 1 meter so I put it in a jacuzzi with the batteries in the mod for a minute or so. After taking it out and wiping it down, the mod worked perfectly fine. I opened up the battery door and the batteries were still completely dry so I would say their claim of this mod being waterproof is accurate. I love this water-proof feature! The thought of washing my device to get rid of the dust that sticks to the rubber is an awesome feeling. The bottom battery door is both vented and waterproof. This is accomplished by 6 small, circular membranes that are designed to break if the batteries need to vent. Do not touch those membranes because they break easily and can compromise waterproofing.

Legend 1.jpg

The legend is also shock resistant and can take a fall. Looking at the body and materials used, I would say this is accurate. For this test I removed the batteries from the mod and the atomizer and dropped it from roughly 1 meter high onto a brick surface. The mod fell on its side when it hit the ground and had a slight ‘scrape’ on the rubber/silicone but the mark can’t be seen after wiping it away. I am going to take GeekVape’s word for it and not test it out at anything higher than 1 meter and risk scratching/damaging the device or cracking the screen. Keep in mind that if you drop your device often, you will risk damaging the waterproofing on the device so if you do have one, don’t go around beating the crap out of it.

I’ve been using this device for about over a month now and from a performance point of view, I would say this mod is accurate in power delivery with minimal/no ramp up time. I did however notice that when the device is asleep (Being left idle for long) and you press the fire button, it takes about 0.2-0.5 seconds to wake up. That said, once you’re using it, there is no delay at all. After updating the mod to the latest software, this seems to no longer be a problem.

Some of you may have experienced an issue with the mod freezing after being left idle. Basically, what happens is that after you leave the mod idle and come back to it 30 minutes later and press the fire button, the screen sort of lights up with no information being displayed and the mod won’t fire for while until it ‘wakes’ up. The simple ‘quick fix’ to this was to simply press the wattage up button or wattage down button and everything will resume to normal. GeekVape seemed to be aware of this issue because I have seen that they have launched a fix for it in their latest software update so if you are experiencing this problem with freezing or battery draining (Never experienced it but read about it), update your mod with the latest firmware and your mod should be working perfectly thereafter.

Legend.jpg

Overall, I’d say this device had performed excellent in power delivery and durability. As I have said in my introduction, the water-proofing feature makes this device the perfect device to start with. As a new vaper, moving away from sub-ohm tanks to RTA’s will happen at some point and therefore, leaking is likely something that they will experience when trying out RTA’s.

Using the Aero Mesh Sub-ohm tank
In 2018, Mesh tanks are becoming increasingly popular and the hype for these tanks/coils is real. I was quite reluctant to use sub-ohm tanks since RTA's and RDA's were my 'go to' atomizers due to the excellent flavour they are capable of producing compared to sub-ohm tanks. After using a mesh coil head that came with my Vaporesso Armour kit, I was blown away by the flavor it produced! To this day I still use mesh sub-ohm tanks.

The GeekVape Aero Mesh is no exception. For a starter kit, this is the perfect addition to this kit.

The Aero tank can be used in 5mL mode by using the bubble glass included or in 4mL mode by using the straight glass. The top fill works similar to that of the Zeus RTA which is convenient and mess free. The fill ports are decent sized so you won't be having any issues there.

Using the mesh coil, I was able to get a good vape. It may not be as good as the Falcon or the Vaporesso GT Mesh but it's still pretty good. Mesh coils favour bakery/dessert flavours and I have found that when using juices in these categories, they perform excellent. The quad coil they include with this kit is similar to that of SMOK's but a better quality with a better lifespan. Overall, I'd say both coil heads were good and delivered a good vape experience. It's not RTA or RDA flavour but for a starter kit, it performs excellent. Tanks like these is what I wished I had back when I started vaping.

Legend 6.jpg

Legend 7.jpg

Conclusion:

The Aegis Legend is by far the best mod from China I have ever used! It is exactly what I hoped it to be before getting it. This device is now part of my daily carry due to its durability. I would highly recommend this device for all vapers. If you’re in the market for a new device or know someone looking for a device, this is the perfect device. It's something different and delivers when it comes to performance. It does look great as well.

Zeus Aegis.jpg

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Costs around $50 ? That's reasonable if the build quality is really that good.
It's definitely well priced for what you get. I can't complain about the build quality at all. It's an excellent device to have a daily carry/beater device. I have no issues worrying about it falling or getting scratches and that's exactly what I wanted and expected from it.

There's so many fancy devices with beautiful paint work and 1 scratch on those devices is 1 scratch too many (at least for me). With the Aegis Legend, I feel comfortable carrying it with me wherever I go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread