Status
Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
FARGO – Fargo police checked shops to ensure that electronic cigarettes weren't being used and E-Cig Empire got busted.

E-cig shop fails smoke-free compliance check | INFORUM

giphy.gif

Take this as a warning to those states voting on indoor vaping bans :glare:
Unless they want to put vape shops out of business they need to amend the laws or start to sale Indoor vape Licences - IVPs :?:
Making money off people trying to stop smoking should make them lawmakers happy :facepalm:

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Must be awfully quiet in Fargo if that's all the police can find to do with their time.
That's what I was thinking, I can just imagine someone calling the Pittsburgh police and reporting vaping in a vape shop :blink:
I'm sure they would send SWAT out :facepalm:

SWAT_Robot_Tank_AP.jpg

Watch out boys I think he has SubOhm coils in that thing :ohmy:

Last edited:

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
I'm just waiting for my town to put something like that into practice. The vape shop i went to here (albeit not good practice recommending a spinner like i have, how i got it considering i want to pump a lil more power to my coil now) to put that kinda law on vape shops specifically. A lot of signs on stores say no smoking and then a little bit smaller they say e cigs pretty much apply. So walking towards my favorite grocery store according to their rules i cant even use my vape anywhere on their premises. Even tho i do and even the employees who would be outside doing the cart collection wouldnt say ****.

Reactions: FringeChief68

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Fortunately I live in VA and the attorney general made a statement that said vaping did not break any of the state's no smoking laws (w/obvious exceptions of restaurants and other public places, however, certain establishments have the option to allow vaping, such as bars, vape shops (of course)

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
huh heck if I wasn't so close to retirement I'd be heading south for the nursing jobs although I did read somewhere on one of the posts that they were screening applicants for cotine at some facilities

Yep! My wife is a nurse and one of the local hospitals and its clinics all test for nicotine. I know they all do drug testing, but why aren't they asking about alcohol use, extreme lifestyles (doing those crazy X sports type things), etc...? Crazy world we live in!

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
This is already the case in Framingham, MA. The shop that sold me my first setup can not let people vape inside. I had to take a branded coffee-cup, deposit a dollar to the shop* and proceed to sample flavors outside in 30^F weather back in Feb.

*The city of Framingham will not allow a shop to just "give out" nicotine. This shop is more focused on the "I'm new and want to get into vaping" croud rather than the "My clapton coil isn't hitting well on my mech"-crowd... So they have most of the samples at 3-18mg depending on the flavor. So you have to leave $1 on the counter, ask for the flavors you want, and when you leave, you are refunded the dollar.

<rant>
All the same, it's stupid. I'm a nut enough to go as far as to say that the government should have NO SAY in who bans what from their PRIVATE business. Smoking, drinking, drugs, tea, caffeine, iPhones, Bleach products... NOTHING. It should be up to the business owners to decide what is best for their business, and proceed with rules from there without government interference.

A Free market got smoking banned from restaurants, then (like always) the government stepped in at the last minute and took all the credit.

</rant>

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
So how much do Fargo cops make?
$70k a year?
To inspect vape shops for infractions?
The taxpayers are okay with this?
If I lived in Fargo I would be livid!
I'd be at the city council meeting asking some questions.
That's code enforcements job
At best, and something that should only warrant the expense of a cop after a complaint has been lodged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread