• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

No way

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Welcome and congrats. Who is Jimmy?

Nevermind, I just read this:http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-rroot810.html

What a hateful atheistic shredding. Are there separate Jimmy AA groups now?

I've found that altho AA is too focused on what seems to be big time religion, but that same focus led me to my own spiritual journey, a necessary journey away from self will, for which I'll be eternally grateful.

I still go to those religious meetings because I'm grateful for what I've received, and I've learned to "Live and Let Live".

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ok, I understand. I attended NA when it first came out and I guess never really read the book well, we always just ran the meetings similar to AA and Al-Anon.

Are there NA meetings where you are that remove all references to God, and just keep the Higher Power concept? It's funny, as a follower of Jesus, and not a member of any religious sect, we have separate christian meetings in our area because how we pray and discuss things together is very different than the common AA/AL-ANON/NA meetings.

All in all, I think that the whole idea of living theocratically ( however you do it ) , rather than egotistically- is almost essential to a good life. I believe this is the reason people in the programs are appreciative to be there.

AMP

ECF Veteran
    Sep 23, 2011
    Neptune
    We are just open minded to whatever God you believe in. For many members their God is related to christianity, but we just dont want new-comers to be turned away because they may think NA is religious, which it is not. All in all, GOD stands for Good Orderly Direction.
    Personally, Im not religious, but I still pray to my Higher Power, and my HP is dynamic, its whatever will keep me clean that day. A lot of the time the group as a whole is my Higher power.

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    We are just open minded to whatever God you believe in. For many members their God is related to christianity, but we just dont want new-comers to be turned away because they may think NA is religious, which it is not. All in all, GOD stands for Good Orderly Direction.
    Personally, Im not religious, but I still pray to my Higher Power, and my HP is dynamic, its whatever will keep me clean that day. A lot of the time the group as a whole is my Higher power.
    You'll see that a lot... people using the group or tables as their higher power. If that's what it takes to make it work and work it sober so be it :)
    my :2c:

and congrats on the 18months and 30 days :thumbs:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread