Noalox Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Well, I just have to ask. I have been vaping since Sept of this year. I have never once lost an atty, not even on my Xhaler at 6v :) Well...then comes the Noalox, lol. I have blown two 901 attys since putting it on. Is it possible I am making too good of a connection now? :oops: I rewatched Drew's video and don't think I rubbed it in quite as good as Drew did. I am holding down for the same 3-4 seconds I always have. Is it possible I originally wasn't making perfect contact and now I am with the Noalox and need to reduce the number of seconds I hold down the switch? Just wanted to hear someone else's thoughts on this. Thanks! :)

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Yes, I should have mentioned that. I am vaping at 5v and was when this happened. The batteries were not fresh the first time but were the second. Since then I have removed the majority of the Noalox and rubbed the rest in better. No further attys lost so far (knock on wood). I just tried boiling the attys for 10 minutes to bring them back to life but no dice, lol.

SusanB

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
NY NY
Yes, I should have mentioned that. I am vaping at 5v and was when this happened. The batteries were not fresh the first time but were the second. Since then I have removed the majority of the Noalox and rubbed the rest in better. No further attys lost so far (knock on wood). I just tried boiling the attys for 10 minutes to bring them back to life but no dice, lol.

i should have mentioned you only need a tiny dab of the noalox...it goes a long way. I dont really think it was the noalox as i havent had a single atty blow from it...it couldve been just about anything.

couple of lost attys.....the price we all pay for vaping heaven at 5v lol well worth it ;)

Karl the heretiK

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
LOL, you're probably right and it's some kind of sick coincidence. It is what it is. Got a fresh 901 on and I'm blowing smoke like a train. Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I stopped using the Noalox... made me grow... ummm... an extra appendage out the middle of my back... no... really...

:D

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay... So I went to Ace and got the Ox-guard version and gave mine a nice ISO cleaning today. I tried several times to actually get the switch out but I couldn't... I do think I got some of the stuff on the button and walls of the body with the q-tip though.

Once I put it all back together - BAM! It really was working better, maybe that freaked your poor atty out Cherice LOL!! I literally made one go a teensy too dry and had to swap it out, didn't kill it but that taste - YUCKKKY POO!!

I'm curious to see how long it stays 'clean'

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Cherice, it is very much possible that it was not making as good of a connection before and could have been dropping voltage at the connection. I actually blew four attys in two weeks but two were bad out of the box and I think the other two were my fault from running them too hot for too long. I now touch the atty after a few draws to check the temperature of the atty. If it's pretty hot, I give it a break. It seems really easy to heat up the 510's quick. I have an 801 that seems to be bullet proof that I can drip and chain vape with.

Johnny 5

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Oakville, WA
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome tip! Prior it sounded almost like I had sand in the threads when I would screw on a different atty cap, now it is smooth as silk. Every time I think I can't possibly be an happier with my Xhaler, another tip like this comes along :p

Haha! I know what you mean about the sand. Glad it helped :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread