Noob convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
Guys, I had done so much research and drove myself nuts trying to figure what was best for me.

I found it.... I have been running a Blu for 2 weeks now and I am hooked. I bought some juice locally and then received mine from MST's .... Awesome. She is outstanding.

The short battery run time and small carts have no bearing on the day because between 6 carts and 2 attys and 2 batts with the PCC able to charge 5 rounds. It's a done deal.

Thanks for all who have come before me and I read for days and days.... Even the Blu bashers were a help. I learned alot and because of them know what not to do and what to do as well with the Blu.

Thanks all!

Mark

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I don't have a PCC for a 510 but the 510 isn't very big. It, too, has crummy battery life. The mega batteries last longer (but won't fit in the PCC.)

If you want good battery life, a mod is the only way to go. I love my Little Chuck with 510 cartomizers. If you get a mod that uses an 18650 battery (Bug Chuck, etc.) you can go more than a day without changing batts.

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
I noticed a major difference in two different liquids. Well, the Blu stock carts also had a different feel to them as well as vapor output.

The PG and VG numbers not withstanding it also matters how you draw on them. After getting used to it.... It took a day or two, I get a pretty decent amount of vapor by doing a couple of things. 1 - I pulled all foil and plastic off the stock cart completely. Big difference. 2 - Draw a little differently than like a normal cigarette.

With an acoustic.... it was a draw into the mouth and pull down into the lungs. That didn't feel too strong with the Blu. But when I pull straight into the lungs I get a lot out of it, but a little less vapor. Since to me it is about the nicotine and not the cloud creation, I am all kinds of good with this.

I can get a huge cloud going if I draw both ways each hit, but it costs on the down side by wasting a lot of juice.

and as always and in every facet of life ..... YMMV

researcheverything

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
OK the battery life is kinda weak but .... I have yet to go beyond my charging capability in one day yet.

I charge the PCC at night when I go to bed, unplug it and start the day with 2 fully charged batts and the pack fully charged. This makes it for me all day. I swap the batt when I need to and charge the other one with the pack. Works as advertised.

I was a 2 pack a dayer and am running 2-3 carts per day. No outrunning batteries yet.

my refills are at 10 drops per cart....

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
Congrats & welcome to the forum ! I rolled my own too and ended up smoking 3 of them even after receiving my DSE-901 Friday but nothing since then.

The battery life on the 901 is pretty sad too, wish I had a PCC but im not sure if they even make one for this model. Still, the initial investment wasnt bad & im sure we'll all end up spending more till we find whats "really" the best :laugh:

I was a full flavor smoker (red) so im buying 24mg juice that seems to satisfy my craves but would eventually like to go down to 0mg ! Im not into any flavors yet but will probably try some just to see what their about.
All in all im really happy I make the switch & enjoy vaping more than I enjoyed analogs !

Im trying to get the wife to switch but she still has a 1/2 carton of PallMalls left :laugh:

Happy Vaping & good luck with the Blu !

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
The battery life on the 901 is pretty sad too, wish I had a PCC but im not sure if they even make one for this model. Still, the initial investment wasnt bad & im sure we'll all end up spending more till we find whats "really" the best :laugh:

They actually DO make a PCC for the 901. Here's a link to the first one I found after searchng for a couple minutes. Dse-901 PCC Starter Kit
They seem to be out of stock at the moment but I bet you could find one somewhere.

Takeone

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Pa USA
Edit to last post: It is a nice little kit. The pack/ charger/case is great and super convienent. It's small and closely mimics smoking analogs. I think it makes the switch over from the darkside that much easier. I don't exactly love my blu kit ( bat life sux) but it stopped me from smoking. So let's say I'm smitten with my blu and would recomend it to others. Now I wanna be down with chuck or something for a big boy.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
{snip}

I was a full flavor smoker (red) so im buying 24mg juice that seems to satisfy my craves but would eventually like to go down to 0mg ! Im not into any flavors yet but will probably try some just to see what their about.
All in all im really happy I make the switch & enjoy vaping more than I enjoyed analogs !

{snip}
I keep two DSE901's handy; one with 24mg and one with 0mg.

When I need a nicotine fix I take a couple of drags from the 24mg, but if I just want something to keep my hands occupied and to take my mind off trying to decide if I really want the 24mg I reach for the 0mg and use it as a pacifier. This will usually keep my mind off the other one for another hour or so.

The 0mg one is real cheap, too. One bottle of glycerin from the drug store, one bottle of Cinnamon extract (McCormick) from the grocery store, and some distilled water I use for topping off the car battery when needed.

I don't even need to inhale the vapor with this one. Just blowing clouds of the white stuff keeps me satisfied for quite a while. :D

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
They actually DO make a PCC for the 901. Here's a link to the first one I found after searchng for a couple minutes. Dse-901 PCC Starter Kit
They seem to be out of stock at the moment but I bet you could find one somewhere.

I did see it somewhere myself today too, but for $40 I figure I should put a thinking cap on and get creative !

I keep two DSE901's handy; one with 24mg and one with 0mg.

I have two 901's going all the time also, just didnt think about using 0mg in one of them :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread