• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Noob here. need advice and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon96

May 11, 2014
Small Dot
Dear all,

just got into vaping 2 months back and I am kinda treating it as a hobby now.
Need some advice from fellow bros/ sis (if any) here.
the PV I have got are SVD (my 1st), Evic (bought ard 2 weeks back), ego twist (bought ard 3-4 weeks back), K100+ (bought ard 1 week back). tanks I have are iclear30, protank 2 , Russian 91% clone, omega clone drip tank.
To me, svd is okay just too bulky/ heavy to carry ard and once I coil below 1.3ohm on Russian it cannot fire anymore, as for evic I think still be able to fire at 1.1-1.2ohm, k100+ everything also ok. I was trying to read all the post to find some 'gold' on local suppliers then I saw something that caught my attention. PROVARI .. the feedback was like 0% negative, can I get some info here how does its differs from my evic/ svd (evic was a emotional buy as it looks so fine/ light/ nice display/ over mvp) and how much does it actually cost?

Regards and happy vaping:laugh:,
Spoon

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
A brand new provari without extension is 165 USD without shipping.

If you're not looking to sub ohm, or venture into very high wattage vaping, a provari is IMO one of the best regulated mod out there.

It's built like a tank and bloody ultra durable (no kidding. I've dropped mine into concrete a million times)

Also has one of the most accurate voltage output compared to almost all other regulated mods regardless of the load

And of course, a way more consistent and smooth vape due to the higher frequency output of the vape.

I've owned a nemesis, semovar, zna30, but my provari is still my work horse and my favorite mod hands dowb

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
thank inofat.

guess provari are made of super durable matl.
prices are kinda steep though.

Yeah, well worth it though. I mean performance aside, these babies are durable. Able to withstand drops and knocks, they're also designed to be able to be dried out easily and still function even after you drop it into a bucket of water. Many provari owners have had their mods for years.

If you consider how inaccessible gears are in the red dot, reliability and longevity of your PV should be one of the most impt considerations

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Schff

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Port Vila, VU
Oops, apologies. Double-posted (using a mobile device). Refer to the one below.

Attachments

• 1400438790961.jpg
    1400438790961.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 1400439282682.jpg
    1400439282682.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Schff

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Port Vila, VU
Very good point about device longevity, inotfat.

On that note, I recently got my hands on a Dovpo e-LVT. It's well worth checking out.

View attachment 337053

Unlike the MVP, it takes a 18650 battery (flat or button tops both work) which can be replaced via the front panel. This means that you won't have to worry about discarding your device after it no longer holds a charge.

I believe it uses the same chipset as the iTaste MVP/SVD, so you get the same nifty features. USB ports can be accessed via a sealable side panel.

View attachment 337066
And an LED flashlight too!

In addition to all that, it's supposed to be crush and water(IPX 1)-resistant.

The only drawback I've observed so far is the weight. It's about as heavy as two 18650-loaded Provaris. And the form factor - the thing looks like an MVP and SFG-87 got together and had babies... It may not be for everyone, but I personally like its rugged look.

Just throwing out a suggestion since it seems that you're currently shopping around for some APVs.

p.s., prices vary, but you can get this for about half the price of the standard Provari if you look around.

Reactions: ChavezXD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread