Noob - Need help - Kanger Evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4284

Jun 26, 2014
Toronto
Hello,

I have been using a Kanger Evod for the past 3 weeks and everything's fine up until today i noticed there's
very little vapor and i hear a slurping sound.

I purchased a 5-pack of coils with my evod and change them every 2-3 days and clean them with water.

Do i need new coils? I took one apart and noticed the wick was very very black, almost burnt looking, although
i still don't understand why its not producing much vapor and also making a big slurping sound.

Appreciate any help.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello,

I have been using a Kanger Evod for the past 3 weeks and everything's fine up until today i noticed there's

I purchased a 5-pack of coils with my evod and change them every 2-3 days and clean them with water.

Do i need new coils? I took one apart and noticed the wick was very very black, almost burnt looking, although
i still don't understand why its not producing much vapor and also making a big slurping sound.

Appreciate any help.

Time to dryburn your coils.

In a few weeks time you will be rewicking with cotton.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/edyle/6350-faq-1-what-tank-new-user.html

<a href="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/edyle/6350-faq-1-what-tank-new-user.html" target="_blank">

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Your coils are gunked up. The wicks are thus unable to hold on to the juice, which just stays on top of the gunk.

Several ways to get rid of the gunk. Personally, I've only dry burned them or recoil them. You can see which works for you.

In no particular order
1) dry burn
2) soak in alcohol
3) soak in vinegar
4) denture cleaning tablets
5) sonic cleaner
6) recoil with your own wire and wick

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Hello,

Flooding
Remove the tank from your battery nod. Wrap the tank in a paper towel or tissue. Blow three or four times into the drip tip. Juice will be forced out of the tank atomizer.
Put the tank back on the battery mod. It should vape normally.

Heavy vaping, Thick, Dark, Sweet Ejuice:
Here's the cleaning process that I use for Evod/PT atomizer heads:

Soak in 91% Isopropyl alcohol or everclear over night or until I get 5-6 to clean.
Rinse throughly with warm tap water forcing water into the wick area.
Towel dry and blow out any water.
Mount the head on a tank base.
Remove the gasket and stem.
Remove the flavor wick(s).
Mount the tank base with the atomizer head on your PV.
Dry burn 6 watts, 5 seconds on/off. Repeat until coils are all turning red and wick is clean.
Blow the burned off crud away.

Hold the flavor wick with tweezer while burning them with a lighter or torch until wick is clean.
-Place the flavor wick back on top of the coil.
Or
-Replace the flavor wick with the material of your choice.

Reinstall the stem and gasket.

Appreciate any help.
ten character

darthvapping

Jun 26, 2014
Mobile
mostly it's because the wick can't hold enough ejuice, yes dryburn is an option to "empty" the wick and then wait for a fully wet condition of the wick, also you may need to clean it, all job is to help the wick hold enough continuously.
no need to change too often like 3 days, consider to choose a stable supplier of your coils may save your time and enjoy more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread