Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
im sorry if this has been talked about b4 but I did a search and couldn’t find an answer specific to my question which is....

Can I put any atomizer w correct threads in any tank?

I’m using a vaporesso Revenger mini which comes with a sub ohm atomizer. Is it possible to switch it to an above ohm atomizer to get a tighter draw?

If yes do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Can I put any atomizer w correct threads in any tank?

Hi! If you are asking will all coil heads (replacement atomizer heads) fit all tanks, then no.
Most tanks use some sort of coil system although for the last year or two it just so happens there is more cross-over than ever before. Some coils fit multiple tanks, but you can never presume.

I personally believe the draw is both the coil design and the tank airflow, notonly the resistance.
I vape sub-ohm coils all day long at not sub-ohm power with MTL airflow.

You'll need to research the compatibility of coils for your tank. It's unlikely you can get a pure MTL draw.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Erm, after some looking it would seem that you can buy GT/2/4 & GT8 coils. It says they fit the nrg series tank you have. Hopefully someone can chime in to let us know but you would like lower I think.
Which coil do you have in yours?

This is what I’m looking at. I’m in the U.K. so it won’t apply but just the idea if these are the coils you have and want.
Vaporesso NRG GT Coils

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
But yes djs is correct and you can’t chop and change generally.
It just seems that the nrg series takes a few different coils which are made by vaporesso.
Saying that, they only go as high as the GT which is 0.3. It’s still low.
The GT8 coil is 0.15 so that’s very low.

Last edit ;) if I’m correct in showing these coils. Then it’s a dedicated subohm tank and by the looks of things going to 0.3 won’t do much I’m afraid.

you might be better off looking for a dedicated mtl vape like me. Nautilus mini or the number 2. That is a very tight draw like a cigarette though.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. As has been said, you'll have to research to see what, if any, other atomizers will fit your tank. I can not quickly find any real data regarding cross compatibility, but Vaporesso's website shows a .4Ω coil for that tank; not super high, but better than the .15 it came with. Just from looking at the pics, (I don't have one), I think that tank is primarily designed as a subohm steamthrower and I am not sure how much luck you'll have tightening up the draw. The air slots look huge on a 2ml tank.

If plusohm coils and MTL draw is what you want, take a hard look at a Nautilus. It has a well deserved good reputation in that regime.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Ok thanks so much for the responses! Learning something new daily sometimes hourly on vaping!!!
Hi and welcome. As has been said, you'll have to research to see what, if any, other atomizers will fit your tank. I can not quickly find any real data regarding cross compatibility, but Vaporesso's website shows a .4Ω coil for that tank; not super high, but better than the .15 it came with. Just from looking at the pics, (I don't have one), I think that tank is primarily designed as a subohm steamthrower and I am not sure how much luck you'll have tightening up the draw. The air slots look huge on a 2ml tank.

If plusohm coils and MTL draw is what you want, take a hard look at a Nautilus. It has a well deserved good reputation in that regime.

Thanks appreciate the response

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ok I’m not great with math and decimal points so are you saying a .5 ohm is closer to zero than a 1.5 ohm?
Well, .5 of anything is certainly closer to 0 than 1.5. But I don't really understand your question, as zero ohms is not suitable for vaping (and unachievable in practice this side of cryogenic superconductors). To bring this back to vaping, most people who like a tighter draw-- what we call mouth-to-lung vaping, or MTL, the way one would smoke a cigarette, also tend to like lower watts, higher coil values-- normally above 1 ohm, or "plusohm"-- and further tend to use higher nicotine concentrations in their juice. Plusohm also gives smaller cloud, since you only get a mouthful of vapor at a time, as opposed to direct lung or DL vaping where you get a whole lungful.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Ok I finally saw the edit :facepalm:

.15 is very very low and close to 0.
1.5 is not very low at all these days.

I vape a 1.2 coil and that’s a nice tight draw when used in the correct attys.
go and have a look at the nautilus atomisers. They are not expensive and sounds more like you’re looking for.

If you have a vape shop nearby, they should be able to tell you the difference between mouth-to-lung & direct lung vaping.
Hopefully you can try a +ohm like the 1.5 (tight draw) and compare it with a subohm (open draw) vape.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would also recommend the Nautilus 2 for an inexpensive but consistent MTL vape. Smaller tank, tighter draw, comes with coils that are 1.8 1.6 and 0.7 and adjustable airflow.

O.5 is not closer to 0 than 0.15. But, you actually don't want to go "closer to 0" the more you do, the more vape you are going to get, and the lower the resistance the higher wattage you typically need. But you can put any TANK on that mod and still use it (just at the right wattage setting). Coils will come with recommended wattage printed on the side, I'm usually on the low side or slightly below it. If you vape a MTL tank you will also get less vapor per puff, so most folks will up their nicotine from sub0hming.

Best of luck,

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I would also recommend the Nautilus 2 for an inexpensive but consistent MTL vape. Smaller tank, tighter draw, comes with coils that are 1.8 1.6 and 0.7 and adjustable airflow.

O.5 is not closer to 0 than 0.15. But, you actually don't want to go "closer to 0" the more you do, the more vape you are going to get, and the lower the resistance the higher wattage you typically need. But you can put any TANK on that mod and still use it (just at the right wattage setting). Coils will come with recommended wattage printed on the side, I'm usually on the low side or slightly below it. If you vape a MTL tank you will also get less vapor per puff, so most folks will up their nicotine from sub0hming.

Best of luck,

Anna

Thanks again for the response. I’m going to try the ceramic coil atomizer that comes with the kit as soon as I vape out the juice I’m I’m using now.

I switched out the preinstalled atomizer a GT4 at 1.4 ohms with a GT 6 .2 ohms and closed down the airflow as much as possible. So far so good. Obviously it’s not like vaping the Joytech Exceed D19 with the 1.5 but the flavor seems better somehow to me.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Glad it’s beginning to work out for you.
When the money is spare it’s nice to have another setup going. Perhaps an mtl specific device will be a good idea.
Chop and change when you fancy :thumb:

Thanks ! For now I will use the setup I originally bought to stop smoking. It’s a Joytech Exceed D19 e-pen. It came with a 1.5 for MTL and a .5 for DTL vaping.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I forget things instantly :facepalm:

Nice. Some people grow into a dl over time as I did originally.
Now I strictly vape mtl on older gear. I love it.
It’s nice that there’s many ways.

There’s even guys who go in between. They have a thread, it’s called mod-wompers (or something similar).
Have fun finding your style.

Reactions: stols001

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
@Fidola13
^ great stuff
Your too high for the likes of me and my mtl’in, but people love rocking such high wattage these days so you may have earned a spot in the whomper woom?
Sounds kinda mid way-ish but I may be wrong.
It’s been known to happen on occasion ;)

You’ll have to check it out. Have a chat with @Lessifer one day. He’s the boss of the whompers, I think???

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread