Noob reporting for vaping duty, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBolts619

Aug 6, 2013
San Diego
So, just wanted to post up in noobland here and introduce myself.

Been smoking off and on for 20+ years with a couple of longer (5+ year) layoffs. However, after having the wifey sabotage my last attempt to kick nicotine (she bought a pack for 'Glow Golf' a monthly local event where we attempt to hit little glowy balls with sticks into a glowing hole in the ground - usually with the assistance of a fair bit of alcohol) I decided to check out vaping.

My attempt at trying out an e-Cig - the Blu to be exact - didn't quite work out since I must have gotten a defective one. No vapor, no hit, nada. Undeterred, I ran into a guy vaping outside my local Starbucks, who recommended checking out the Swap Meet for supplies. I found a booth that had Kamry K100 e-Cig's for sale along with a few juices. I must say, I probably should have done some more research before making the jump, but oh well, hindsight is always 20-20, right? I ended up with a K100, a Kangertech Protank, some Space Jam Astro and Mastermind Snake Oil.

So, equipped with my new supplies, off I ventured into the vaping unknown.

A couple things I learned along the way:

• Quality juice is key. I bought some tobacco flavored stuff from a regular smoke shop and it's no comparison to quality stuff.
  • Better know what your MOD is capable of. I liked my Protank so much that I bought two more so I could have different juices queued up and ready to go. Unfortunately, the person at the shop I got the additional ones from must not have known that my K100 wouldn't work with 2.5 ohm atomizers - only LR 1.8 ohm versions work with the K100. It literally took me a week to figure out why I couldn't get a hit off my new tanks.

So, now I'm a couple of weeks in and the tech geek in me decided that instead of buying new atomizers, I'd just get a variable voltage MOD. I picked up an eVic and am very happy with it - lots of bells and whistles and all that crap. Vapes really well.

I'm guessing since I'm a noob here, I'm not yet allowed to post up reviews, so I'll just tack on a couple of notes on the juices I've got going now:

• Mastermind Snake Oil. Wow, I'd have never guessed that watermelon and menthol would be one of my favorites. My initial bottle of this was 6mg, but I've moved up to 12mg for the second bottle.
  • Mastermind DJ's Locker. Okay, the description over at Elevated Vaping made this sound like a Creamsicle with a twist, so I figured that I'd like it straight away and yessiree, I do. Creamy orange with a bit of bite and I'm a happy camper.
  • The Standard Vape Cell Block Four. So, Creme Brulee is one of those desserts that I love and add citrus to it and hell yeah. I must say though, it's sort of close to another juice I picked up - explained below.
  • The Standard Vape G35. I bought this one because I figured it might be a little like Snake Oil with different fruit. For me though, the menthol isn't nearly as prevalent here as in the Snake Oil.
  • Space Jam Astro. Maybe a little too fruity sweet for my taste, but certainly not bad.
  • Helios Meteor. Holy crap. This stuff is yum. Pairs well with single cask bourbon or good scotch too. Maybe not what I want all day at work, but chillin' in the evening with a drink and this stuff is the bomb. It is slightly similar to the Cell Block Four - but maybe a bit heavier, in a good way.

I think I'm pretty much in to stay on the vape scene. Sadly, no vaping in the house, as the wife has always concealed any smoking from the kiddo. She's 12 now though, so I'm pretty sure that she knows what's going on when we go out to the garage to do 'laundry' on a nightly basis, so I've said when she hits 14, presuming I'm still vaping, I'm not going to try to keep it under the table anymore. It can be hard to do at times - we golf together as a family and I need my nicotine on course, so I have to hang back and let them go ahead so I can have a hit or two, but at least I don't stink anymore!

Thanks and peace out from the Sunny Whale's Vagina. (That's San Diego to you, Mr. Burgundy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread