Noob Squonker with Noob Squonker Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
All of this stocking up on supplies prior to May has had me broadening my horizons, and I couldn't help but throw my hat in the squonk ring by buying an Aegis squonker with a couple of MTL BF RDAs to go with it. Being in stock up mode has me playing the long game with most of my mods and RTAs, and when I think about how to make these squonkers last, the big question that comes to this noobs mind is the bottle. It strikes me as being the part that will most likely need replacing in time.

That being said, I can't find just the Aegis squonk bottles online anywhere. Not that they're sold out, but like they don't exist. All I can find is the complete back panels with the squonk bottles attached, but those are pretty pricey. Anyone know if there somewhere I can just get the bottles so I can order a bunch and be set for a while? And can you let me know if there are other things that I should be looking to stock up on as far as squonking is concerned?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: bnrkwest

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I'm pretty sure you have to buy the whole panel with bottle. That's what I did, I don't squonk yet but I wanted squonkers to try during the Dark Ages too :)
That's awesome. I seriously found myself feeling kinda dumb after buying it, knowing that money could have been spent elsewhere on things I already know that I like. But the more I think about it, the better I feel about it. I'm glad others are doing the same.

• Winner
Reactions: bnrkwest

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Wow I didn't know they made an Argis squonker. I saw just bottles here but I don't know if those are for the Aegis or Athena. I am fully stocked on Squonk mods or I would pick up one of those. Love my Aegis solo.
Search results for: 'squonk bottle' Geek Vape Online Store
Edit: sorry Those are for the Gbox. Looks like you may have to get the panel kit.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
That's awesome. I seriously found myself feeling kinda dumb after buying it, knowing that money could have been spent elsewhere on things I already know that I like. But the more I think about it, the better I feel about it. I'm glad others are doing the same.
If you like drippers and RDAs then squonkers are a more convenient way of the same thing. They are my main choice for EDC

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I always wanted one and figured now or never! LOL I'm glad I got it, isn't here yet, on a slow boat somewhere:)

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Like @bnrkwest , I bought 12 squonkers for my stockpile as well as a bunch of BF RDAs and I have never squonked but I might want to someday and I wanted that option open to me.

I was able to get bottles for all of mine though... most were inexpensive. I looked them up prior to making my decision for each make/model of sqonker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Like @bnrkwest , I bought 12 squonkers for my stockpile as well as a bunch of BF RDAs and I have never squonkers, but I might want to someday and I wanted that option open to me.

I was able to get bottles for all of mine though... most were inexpensive. I looked them up prior to making my decision for each make/model of sqonker.

Which ones did you end up with, if you don't mind my asking?

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Which ones did you end up with, if you don't mind my asking?
BF RDAs:
1x Digiflavor DROP 24mm RDA (DL)
2x Wotofo Elder Dragon RDA 22mm (DL)
1x Vapefly Galaxies MTL Squonk RDTA Tank Atomizer
2x Digiflavor ETNA MTL RDA (Squonk)
2x Kaees Alexander 24mm BF Squonk RDA
2x VAUX Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
2x Vandy Vape Pulse X BF 90W Squonker Starter Kit RDA's

I got both DL and MTL BF RDAs because my wife is MTL and I am DL.

Squonks:
2x Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 TC Squonk MOD 100W
2x Vandy Vape Pulse X BF 90W Squonker Starter Kit
2x Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 213 Mod
1x Wotofo Stentorian Ram Resin Squonk Mech Mod
2x Wismec Luxotic BF Squonk Mod Resin (some protections)
1x Wismec Luxotic BF Squonk Mod Black (some protections)

I have 10, thought I had 12 for some reason, maybe I do but I did not write down what they were. lol. I would skip the Luxotics, they need a fix to stop them from leaking and causing them to autofire. And the Fuchai's bottle is small, only like 5.5ml and those were the most expensive and hard to find bottles out of the bunch, but the Squonker itself was very inexpensive.

I have not used any yet, but based on what I have seen and read, the ones that are the best out of my stash are the Pico Squeezes and the Pulse 90's in my opinion. They are both regulated, plus the bottles were inexpensive and not hard for me to find. I also like what I have seen of the Pulse 90's BF RDAs (youtube videos), it's the one I am most excited to try out.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My only experience with squonking is with an overpriced joy capo 100 once, 2 yrs ago. As a semi regulated mod, it went thru a battery charge faster than I liked. When I changed flavors, the old flavor was all but impossible to get out of the feed tube. It would seem, too, that I would have needed a different squonk bottle for every flavor I used as the bottle proved difficult to get the old flavor out of. I didn't care for this model and sold it to a guy at work who told me would pay me on payday and then told me it autofired and burned up and never paid me for it. But on a positive note, I dont really have a positive note. Sorry.:D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have to agree with Don. If you’re thinking long term get some mech squonks. No electronics to fail, no issues getting bottles, and if something does wear out you can fix it yourself with replacement parts that are around. I have 3 regulated squonks. They’re very nice, but I know 5 years from now my mechs will be fine while the regulated boxes a question mark.

If you like drippers and RDAs then squonkers are a more convenient way of the same thing. They are my main choice for EDC

OK you got me. What’s EDC?

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I have to agree with Don. If you’re thinking long term get some mech squonks. No electronics to fail, no issues getting bottles, and if something does wear out you can fix it yourself with replacement parts that are around. I have 3 regulated squonks. They’re very nice, but I know 5 years from now my mechs will be fine while the regulated boxes a question mark.

OK you got me. What’s EDC?
Every day carry

Reactions: Don29palms

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Armageddon MFG Squonk V3 Box Mods (18650,20650)
Get a couple of these and learn Ohm's Law. You can use any bottle in this.
I have 4 of the V2. Picking up 2 more. Great mods at an unbelievable price. I should be set for a long time on mechanical mods. I have had a couple for 6 years and they still work like new. I have a couple regulated mods bit they are used mostly for building. I particularly like my SX Mini. It reads resistance to 4 decimal places

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I have 4 of the V2. Picking up 2 more. Great mods at an unbelievable price. I should be set for a long time on mechanical mods. I have had a couple for 6 years and they still work like new. I have a couple regulated mods bit they are used mostly for building. I particularly like my SX Mini. It reads resistance to 4 decimal places
Edit the Unicorns are awesome mech mods. Very well made and hit like Tyson. I am gonna grab a couple more of those.

Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread