Noob w/question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKiTzo247

May 27, 2020
I settled on that ratio of PG/VG because it produced the vape I like from the equipment I use.
I could use that ratio in just about any device on the market today.
The PG/VG ratio is the least of your concerns at this point.
Focus on the TYPE of device you are using and the nicotine content of the juice you select.

And not to discourage you, but in over 8 years for vaping, the only thing that tastes and feels like a burning cigarette is a burning cigarette.

A MTL type vape will have a restricted draw. The airflow is low. ( think juice box straw)

A DTL type vape will have a more open, much less restricted draw. ( think garden hose)

The amount of vapor produced by each device varies, but in general, the more vapor = the more nicotine you get per puff = the lower the nicotine concentration can or should be.

You are currently using a DTL type device with a very high nicotine content juice.

Watch a few youtube review videos for your device. Notice the draw strength, speed and duration used by the reviewer. IMO, it is nothing like the way I was accustomed to smoking cigarettes and is a more "hookah" like technique.

Something like the Innokin Zlide tube kit is a bit closer to the experience you are in search of.
I would still suggest using a lower nicotine level with the Zlide, perhaps 20mg/ml of salt based nicotine or 10-12mg/ml for freebase nicotine. VG content of 50%-80%.

HTH
I
I'm gonna try 70/30 VG/PG with a 20mg/ml salt based on the zlide and see what happens.
Do I just use the coil that comes with it or do my needs require a different one?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm gonna try 70/30 VG/PG with a 20mg/ml salt based on the zlide and see what happens.
Do I just use the coil that comes with it or do my needs require a different one?
If the tanks comes with the 1.6Ω coil, you should be quite satisfied.
Remember to prime the coil properly.
Start 10% below suggested wattage and increase as needed.
Adjust the air flow to give you the air resistance that suits your vaping style.
Enjoy!

Cheers
I

sKiTzo247

May 27, 2020
So I guess Mexico has outlawed vape sales so if I order something online it likely won't get here. The guy who had a vape shop here is liquidating what he has left and doesn't have a Innokin zlide tube. He said he has 3 similar ones and I'm already not liking the sound of it. One is a Smok Vape pen Nord 19 kit and the other is a Nord 22. The 3rd one is AIO 22. I don't want another Smok. Are any of these 3 close to the zlyde?

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
So I guess Mexico has outlawed vape sales so if I order something online it likely won't get here. The guy who had a vape shop here is liquidating what he has left and doesn't have a Innokin zlide tube. He said he has 3 similar ones and I'm already not liking the sound of it. One is a Smok Vape pen Nord 19 kit and the other is a Nord 22. The 3rd one is AIO 22. I don't want another Smok. Are any of these 3 close to the zlyde?
I wouldn't buy any of the 3 to be honest. The Priv n19 you have is perfectly sufficient.

Your coughing: very strong nicotine and too powerful coil (0.6ohm) for your juice.

Like folks said before, try the 0.8ohm coil. I would also highly recommend getting the 1.4ohm regular coils if you can (with 1.4 I would use 50/50 juice, higher VG might not wick very well- the higher VG the thicker the juice). Wouldn't buy the ceramic 1.4 ones, the ones I got sucked big time. Bad quality control most probably. Regular is what you want.

And definitely try lower nicotine. 20mg nicotine, even at 50/50 VG/PG, will be silk man. One important thing- you have airflow adjustment in your device. Increasing airflow is more for direct lung vaping- what you need is to restrict the airflow for mouth-to-lung. Try different configurations of the airflow and see what feels best, you'll notice that restricting the airflow will make a huge difference for your vaping style.
Just like @Izan said- for the first vaping kit, you happened to buy a kit that's not really great for complete beginner, but it's not very complicated either.

Right coil, right juice

If, regardless of everything you try, still cough, you might want to research about PG sensitivity, cause that's a common issue as well.

Good luck!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Look on fasttech's website to see what they have available for sale. They WILL ship to countries where vaping is illegal but if the package gets seized in customs you wont be able to get your money back.

They don't declare that it's vape gear in the package though, they usually declare it to be parts or electronics.. so there's always the chance it'll get to you anyway.

It's a gamble. Granted, it's a gamble with your money, but sometimes worth it to try.

If you get into vaping it's good to know..

sKiTzo247

May 27, 2020
I wouldn't buy any of the 3 to be honest. The Priv n19 you have is perfectly sufficient.

Your coughing: very strong nicotine and too powerful coil (0.6ohm) for your juice.

Like folks said before, try the 0.8ohm coil. I would also highly recommend getting the 1.4ohm regular coils if you can (with 1.4 I would use 50/50 juice, higher VG might not wick very well- the higher VG the thicker the juice). Wouldn't buy the ceramic 1.4 ones, the ones I got sucked big time. Bad quality control most probably. Regular is what you want.

And definitely try lower nicotine. 20mg nicotine, even at 50/50 VG/PG, will be silk man. One important thing- you have airflow adjustment in your device. Increasing airflow is more for direct lung vaping- what you need is to restrict the airflow for mouth-to-lung. Try different configurations of the airflow and see what feels best, you'll notice that restricting the airflow will make a huge difference for your vaping style.
Just like @Izan said- for the first vaping kit, you happened to buy a kit that's not really great for complete beginner, but it's not very complicated either.

Right coil, right juice

If, regardless of everything you try, still cough, you might want to research about PG sensitivity, cause that's a common issue as well.

Good luck!
Thank you so much - that was very helpful!

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Thank you so much - that was very helpful!
No worries, I'm by no means a vaping expert as I really got seriously into it a couple of months ago (been vaping for 3 years using a basic device but never really put my heart into it, kept smoking+ vaping), but with the lockdown on, no work, and plenty of time on me, I've done extensive research. Bought and tested a few devices, on top of that I had to research for my girlfriend as she's completely clueless. I've also given up smoking completely a few weeks ago so everything is fresh for me and I know exactly what you're going through. You've ended up in a great place, this forum really accelerated everything for me.

However, when it comes to e juice- again, not an expert, but I've been making my own for a couple of years. When I bought my first functional e cigarette (Innokin endura t22e. Still use it. The very first was Blu but it was junk and their juices were only fit for pouring them down the sink), I looked at the prices of e juice, then I looked at the prices of basic components of e juices, and it seemed natural for me to start making my own. So I've some experience in this area.

My girlfriend uses a smok nord pod that takes exactly the same coils as your smok priv n19, and she and I have gone through a few already. She also seems to be sensitive to PG- gets very dry throat and mouth- and I had to research about it and about how to prevent it. Hence my knowledge about that stuff. If you think you might be suffering from the same, I can try to help. Just got some food grade distilled water and I will try to cut the juices that we both use with it. Starting at 5%. Apparently this solves the sensitivity issues for a lot of folks. Has to be distilled though!

Any questions- feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread