Noob Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgMach1

Jun 16, 2018
Hi. Quick synopsis. Long time smoker switching to vape. Used a V2 Pro Series 7 and made the switch over fine. However the V2 wasn't producing enough for me so I upgraded to an Aegis 200w w/ a smok Baby Beast TFV8 X-Baby tank.

What I'm wanting to do is use this as a MTL with more smoke than the V2 but I don't understand the settings. I dropped the wattage down to 15 and I can't take a drag without coughing for 10 min. At that setting its producing less smoke than the V2. Please help out a noob here.

Best wattage/setting for a 0.4 ohm coil to get decent smoke as a MTL. Or, should I drop the wattage more and open up the vents to do DL? I've tried both ways so far and as soon as the vape hits my throat I can't stop coughing.

Justin L

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2018
Racine,WI
Hi. Quick synopsis. Long time smoker switching to vape. Used a V2 Pro Series 7 and made the switch over fine. However the V2 wasn't producing enough for me so I upgraded to an Aegis 200w w/ a SMOK Baby Beast TFV8 X-Baby tank.

What I'm wanting to do is use this as a MTL with more smoke than the V2 but I don't understand the settings. I dropped the wattage down to 15 and I can't take a drag without coughing for 10 min. At that setting its producing less smoke than the V2. Please help out a noob here.

Best wattage/setting for a 0.4 ohm coil to get decent smoke as a MTL. Or, should I drop the wattage more and open up the vents to do DL? I've tried both ways so far and as soon as the vape hits my throat I can't stop coughing.
Well first that’s too low of watts for that coil the wattage should be between 40-80 best between 55-65. Next that tank/coil is not meant for MTL but instead DL. The airflow (as you call vents) is for the amount of vapor, while it will makes the draw more restricted it won’t give you the pleasure of a MTL. That tank and coil is considered a power tank (technically a sub-ohm). It will be hard for you too MTL that coil and tank without coughing(you should only DL on that setup). My best advice is to find a MTL tank, it will come with a MTL coil which is basically a higher ohm coil.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
As has been said that tank is designed for DTL style vaping, nothing you can set, adjust or do to transform it into even a poor MTL style delivery device.
Smok doesn't offer any replaceable heads suitable for MTL use in any of their baby/big baby/tf/ beast type tanks.

What nic mg/ml & Pg / Vg ratio liquids are you using?

Ps. It is vapor we inhale not smoke, unless you're doing very wrong.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi. Quick synopsis. Long time smoker switching to vape. Used a V2 Pro Series 7 and made the switch over fine. However the V2 wasn't producing enough for me so I upgraded to an Aegis 200w w/ a SMOK Baby Beast TFV8 X-Baby tank.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to ask your question in the Cloud Chaser forum:
Cloud Chasers

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Save yourself some time and money...get the rba kit for the BB or buy a Zenith tank.

Welcome to ECF btw.
This.

And even using the RBA is going to be a challenge because the coil parameters you need for a MTL experience aren't suited to how the RBA is designed to feed juice to the coil.

It would be a fun project, but you'd need something to vape on while you work through the trial and error of making a MTL coil build work in a direct lung tank.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread