Noob wants to know where I should get my e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtisi

Nov 16, 2010
New York
Hi. Jesse, here. I'm totally new at this. I just ordered a DSE-901 starter kit from vaporkings.com along with a bottle of 555 juice and some extra carts. I noticed that they only sell juice in 10ml bottles. So, here's my question:

What supplier should I use, if I want to order some small sized e-liquids? My goal is to try to determine what I like, and what I don't like. Therefore, I want to be able to order a large number of flavors without spending a fortune. I want to make sure that I pick a vendor who offers a quality product. I noticed that mypvshop.com offers sampler 6 packs for $16. That seems like a good deal, but are they any good? Any other recommendations for where I can get juice in smaller quantities would greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jonmo1

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Bryan, TX
Welcome to the board, and the Vaping world.

I HIGHLY recommend VelvetVapors.Com

You can get 3ml (plus 6,10,15 and 30) sample sizes, and their juice is FANTASTIC.
Try the Banana's foster, YUMMY!!!

Plus, they do a nice job of using mostly natural flavors, and they tell you which juices are made with natural vs artificial flavors.

And, they ALWAYS include extra free samples. (at least all 3 times I've ordered from them).

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
At the possible risk of starting a range war over who sells the best juice, I'd recommend FreedomSmokeUSA's 3ml samplers: FreedomSmokeUSA

They're $2.25 each, $5 flat shipping rate. Just pick out a few that strike your fancy and build your own sampler pack. Hint: I'd get at least a couple of different nicotine strengths in there.

Wilvin

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
.... Rapids,Mn
Good question but as you see every poster will have a different one that they like. I personally like FreedomsmokeUSA but also use others. I would say get a good supply of something then go to several sites and order sample sizes. You might find a flavor you like at several or all at one. Also I have noticed that several sites specialize in a type of juice. So look to see what flavors the site has then if it has too many sweet flavors and you like tobacco or another type of flavor then that site might not be best for you.

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
Here was my mistake so I'm going to share it. For my first eliquid purchase I found an affordable vendor for eliquid and looked through the list of available flavors. I added 60ml bottles of the ones that sounded or looked (from their pictures) yummy to me. I think I picked 6 or 7 all together. They arrived in the mail a couple of days later and I started puffing on the stuff and was completely horrified by the taste of 3 of them. Ran them immediately to the sink and ran them down the drain. Here's what I learned from the mistake:

1: Don't order 60ml bottles of something you've never tried before. Try a 3 or 5ml bottle first and if you like it, THEN order a large quantity.

2: If you get a flavor that you just don't like or are even disgusted by...... DON'T throw it away. You might find later that a little bit of that flavor you didn't like by itself actually tastes quite good mixed with another flavor.

Edit: Forgot to say: I like the flavors and prices at MadVapes

I've been analog free for 3 weeks and learning as I go (usually the hard way) but am trying to change my personality to reading about stuff here on ECF first and acting second.

Last edited:

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
2: If you get a flavor that you just don't like or are even disgusted by...... DON'T throw it away. You might find later that a little bit of that flavor you didn't like by itself actually tastes quite good mixed with another flavor.

Some flavors also take a little time to steep. Especially if they are made fresh on order in the USA. It could take a few days to a week for them to really blend and the taste to mature.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Where to buy juice - well that's the crazy part. So many places!!

At FreedomSmoke USA you can try different ratios of PG/VG too.

Backwoods Brew has some yummy stuff. They are 70PG/30VG.

Strictlyejuice has a little sampler of 5 tobacco flavors in 3ml bottles and one of 5 fruit flavors? They also sell a 3ml bottle with a keyring attached and you can swap on any of their 3ml bottles.

BTW - with fresh-mixed ejuices like these, some may need to steep. If one smells perfumey or doesn't taste like you expected, leave it upon in a dark cool place overnight or longer, then try it. If it seems like it needs more steeping, do longer with cap off and/or then cover it and let it sit a week. I haven't had that problem yet.

Misshaunter

Nov 11, 2010
Oregon
Well your tastebuds will change alot after you stop the analogs.A good juice is really important I feel because speaking from experince of 2 years vaping. If the juice doesn't taste good you will probaly go and buy a pack of smokes. I know that was my problem but now I have no desire to go and buy those gross sticks anymore. Viking vapor has some really good juice and cheap too their 7.5ml bottles are just a perfect size to give you a good taste run and for 2.99 a bottle you really don't get hurt that bad if you don't like it now. But if you don't like it now that doesn't mean you won't like it later after your tastebuds come back to normal. And if you still don't like it there is a swap board that you could swap with someone for something you would like.

mtisi

Nov 16, 2010
New York
More of you have recommended FreedomSmokeUSA than any other, so, I was all ready to order from them, and I got stuck trying to figure out what PG/VG mix I should choose. The biggest problem I had when trying to choose my PV was that there were just too many choices, and then too many variables on top of them. It took hours and hours of research just to get that done. Now, I am stuck on juice! *sigh* LOL

I noticed that many of the recommendations I have gotten on this thread have been for vendors that mix their liquid to order, and so I am faced with this problem. The bottle of 555 I ordered from VaporKings is Dekang and 100% PG. It will be a few days before that and the DSE901 I ordered will actually arrive. I still want to order a bunch of sample sizes from a vendor, but should I go with a vendor that carries Dekang so I can compare apples to apples? Then again, you all must be recommending these vendors that mix to order for a reason. I assume that reason is the quality and taste.

dfs405

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
amherst new york
More of you have recommended FreedomSmokeUSA than any other, so, I was all ready to order from them, and I got stuck trying to figure out what PG/VG mix I should choose. The biggest problem I had when trying to choose my PV was that there were just too many choices, and then too many variables on top of them. It took hours and hours of research just to get that done. Now, I am stuck on juice! *sigh* LOL

I noticed that many of the recommendations I have gotten on this thread have been for vendors that mix their liquid to order, and so I am faced with this problem. The bottle of 555 I ordered from VaporKings is Dekang and 100% PG. It will be a few days before that and the DSE901 I ordered will actually arrive. I still want to order a bunch of sample sizes from a vendor, but should I go with a vendor that carries Dekang so I can compare apples to apples? Then again, you all must be recommending these vendors that mix to order for a reason. I assume that reason is the quality and taste.

don't get upset if all PG doesn't produce enough vapor because you ordered 100%. You can pick up some VG at a health food store off the shelf and add as many drops as you need too, to get the right vapour production FYI

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...I got stuck trying to figure out what PG/VG mix I should choose.

That won't be a dilemma for FSUSA's 3ml samplers, because no PG/VG ratio option is offered in that size (I believe they're all 50/50).

As for which to specify when you're given the option, that's really a which-nicotine-level-should-I-use sort of question, i.e., one only you can answer.

The short conventional wisdom holds that PG delivers better flavor concentration and throat hit; VG produces more vapor. Vapor not being that important to me--at least not to the exclusion of everything else--I'll choose 90% PG/ 10% VG, when given the option of doing so. Your mileage, as they say, may vary.

...you all must be recommending these vendors that mix to order for a reason. I assume that reason is the quality and taste.

Yes and yes. I haven't had a lot of luck with imported juice, which may not be the fault of the juice itself; it's had a rough life before I get it--weeks or months in warehouses, or aboard container ships at elevated temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread