Noob with a first impression and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatron

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
SK Canada
Well, I just got my first e-cig (pocket mini) and tried it out last night. Taste is okay with the basic cartridges it came with, vapor amount was good enough for me too. You do have to pull on it pretty good, but I was expecting that thanks to this forum's helpful tips.

Although after about my first 6 pulls, I was feeling a tad woozy with the initial high cart. I tried again this afternoon with the medium cart, pretty much the same result. I have about a 25 light cig a day habit, is this a typical first time reaction? Or is there some tip for avoiding this? I think I'll be trying the 0 nic cart tonight to see how that goes.

My question is, my carts (just out of the bag) have a black cap on it, and under that, there is a clear plastic cap as well, is that normal? Remember I'm a total noobie.:)

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Hi thatron & welcome to the forum.

I'll give you my thoughts on how its making you feel, and I'm sure others will chime in with their own.

First of all I have found I have had a much better experience with my e-cig by instead of long hard pulls (which will make you dizzy after a while), I prefer short successions of "sip" type drags on the device. I feel it results in a better vapour as well as taste with less work and prevents the risk of drawing spits of liquid into my mouth.

Everyone experiences a different reaction when they first start vaping instead of analog cigarettes. I feel it can be caused by many reasons and not point to a single reason because everyone is so different.

There is always an "adjustment" period because of the differences between the two and a body needs to accept that difference.

It could be something as simple as your mind needing to adjust to the difference in its attempt to receive the same satisfaction you got while smoking analogs.

It could be a matter of taste receptors trying to figure out what your doing and causing anxiety.

It could be that your not getting the same nicotine hit, whether that be too much or not enough, again in comparison to your analogs.

It could also be a sensitivity to propylene glycol (PG) intake that may or may not better itself with continued use, or if not, you may need to look into purchasing non-PG based liguids to use with your device.

Just remember, this is new to you and is attempting to replace a long friend habbit that you've decided to omit from your life and routine. So, naturally you are going to experience many different reactions, both physically AND mentally in this introduction.

Hopefully this gives you some perspective from another user and guides you into your own satisfying use of these remarkable devices.

VapeOn,
Greg

Last edited:

thatron

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
SK Canada
I "think" I know what my problem might be, even if it's not, it's still an issue.

I think I'm getting the liquid into my 901's mouthpiece. These carts are still just the sample ones you get with the e-cig, but just after a puff or 2, I have a weird taste on my lips, a little like a magic marker. I tried the zero nic one, and it's pretty much the same as the others. The cart itself is always wet on the outside of the top side of the plastic of the cartridge (if that makes sense). Even if I wipe it off with a paper towel, as soon as I put it back in the atomizer, it's wet again.

Any help to set me on the right path of vaping will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I was hoping that someone else, who had experience with "your" particular device, would have offered some suggestions for you.

So, again, I'll pass on my thoughts....

It may be caused by your habbit of intake. Like I mentioned before, there is a learning curve to smoking an e-cig in comparison to an analog. So, I'm simply guessing here, it appears your a "heavy puffer" and should try the "sipping" style of puff and see if that betters things for you.

I personally have noticed with my device that I cannot use it lying down, or beyond a horizontal plane, meaning I use it either standing or sitting upright but always conciously keeping the lighted tip slightly pointed down. If I attempt to do otherwise, I do get "spitting" of the liquid on my lips.

Again, I'm not familiar with your device on a personal level and would hope someone else with experience would pipe in. Especially in dealing with a separate atomizer unlike my own. It just may be "possible" that (from what reading I've done in the past), you are getting the "primer" coating that is on the atomizer from the factory or it may be that your cartridges are super fresh and at present slightly over filled.

Sorry I can't be more specific, and I suggest you self "experiment" if you will with different use approaches to see if that can work for you. I have also heard talk of atomizers needing to "break-in", but again have no experience with that.

You could also try communicating your concerns via emails with either your supplier or the distributor above them. They "should" take an interest in your satisfaction with their device with hopes of continuing sales on their supplies.

Good luck & VapeOn,
Greg

thatron

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
SK Canada
I personally have noticed with my device that I cannot use it lying down, or beyond a horizontal plane, meaning I use it either standing or sitting upright but always conciously keeping the lighted tip slightly pointed down. If I attempt to do otherwise, I do get "spitting" of the liquid on my lips.

Greg
That's along the same lines of advice I got from Puresmoker.com. I've been trying it now with the LED pointed down a bit, and I am noticing the odd taste that was on my lips seems to be gone. Also, I'm not sucking on it like a milkshake any more:rolleyes:
So weather I'm figuring things out, or broken in a new atomizer, or just getting used to it, I went from 25 cigs a day, to today I probably only had 15. It's a start.

SpaceCadet

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2009
Scotland
Every single analog less is a gain in the right direction.
Yup, that's the way I'm seeing it right now. 3 weeks in and I haven't quit, but I've only had 2 today, last one was over 6 hours ago, and although I'm not climbing the walls, I do fancy one more today. Normally by this time I'd have had at leat 8. I wasn't a heavy smoker before, just heavily dependent on a 12-15 a day habit, and that's reducing gradually!

At worst, if I cave and buy a duty free carton when I fly to the States in a few weeks, it's gonna last a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread