Noob with a question about cheap e-ciggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezycakes

Aug 9, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Howdy, I recently decided to try to make the switch.

I went to a local tobacco store that sold an e-cigg with the name "Bulldog"

I got it for $20 so I don't expect a whole lot, but I'm pretty happy with it besides the flavor.

They offer 3 different strengths but only in regular and menthol.

My question is: How compatible is it with other companies?

I would eventually want to get a bottle of liquid to refill my empty cartomizers, but will it work?

Also I would eventually need new cartomizers, but I don't know which ones will fit it :blink:

here is there website: Bull Dog Wholesale

If anyone has some insight to these, it would greatly be appreciated.

btw: I'm a noob on this forum, but am familiar with them in general. I've searched the best that I can, but cannot find anything on my particular model.

To be honest, I'm quite confused with the whole matter. I see that most parts for these can be interchangeable with other companies, which kind of makes it more confusing....

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Try reading through "The Wonderful World of vaping" in the ECF Library, it'll help you understand the differences in e-cigs, then shop around some of the suppliers listed toward the bottom of the main page and you won't go wrong. As far as the one you have can't tell from looking and they don't say, so it would probably be better to shop around here for a new one.

DJAndrada

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
i know the feeling, i just started about two months, and solid month without touching a real cig. I started out with the ego-t kit. and i must say that its a good beginner set. but i wish i tried the version before the tank came out. i think its called the ego-starter kit. that has the most interchangeable parts if you decide to go on and purchase different mods.

ozpkchris

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Fl
i think the volt is the best ecig out there right now i would check it out, its pretty cheap even when compared to what you already paid
batts are like 12dollars each a charger is 7 the refill carts are 9 $ with liquid, liquid is 8 dollars a bottle, you could get a pretty decent setup for like 30 - 50 bucks,

i think theres discount codes too.

the site is somelessimage.com

or if you wanted to stick with what you have you could contact the supplier and ask what size connection his batts are

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
We have no idea how compatible it is or even if it is compatible with anything. That is the problem with buying "name" brands of any price without knowing what they are.

I looked at one site. Female battery and male cartomizers? You could try standard resistance (not LR) 510-threaded cartomizers and RN4081-threaded cartomizers on it (two different threadings). Do not stick its battery in any charger other than its own - some clones are reverse polarity and will fry other same-threaded batteries and vice versa. If you figure out it is 510 or RN4081 threaded then that only means it is compatible with standard resistance atomizers and cartomizers of that threading. It does not mean the batteries and chargers are compatible.

mist

Aug 6, 2011
TN
I live in a small town and my husband purchased 2 different ecig kits locally. I could never find anything they were compatible with. One was ok and I could vape on it until I tried something better. The other was nasty. I have been purchasing online since then. If you cannot find a local vendor with ego's or 510's or KR808's, I recommend buying online. I havent tried smokelessimage but have heard good things. I find myself wondering if their cowboy juice is any good. I love V4L's carts and juice. I also like Bloogplanets Reds. I started out with Bloog and V4L and they have great customer service imo. I have other PV's now, but I still use their carts and juice often. I still use the batteries when I am going out or take one for a backup. You cant go wrong buying at any of these vendors. I buy alot from hoosierecigsupply. Super fast shipping and great prices. Goodluck. No matter what you buy, you are still going to save money in the long run.

Thank you all for the replies!

I read "The Wonderful World of Vaping" and it really helped me understand it better.

After watching videos, reviews, explanations, etc... I somewhat have a better understanding of this stuff.

I'm pretty sure my carto's can be refilled, they are similar to what the people in the videos had. So I bought 3 types of liquid from Vixen Vapors so I can try.

Eventually I'll get a better made PV. I was looking at the Volt, that looked pretty good. I just need a cartomizer that can be re-used, because I intend to have a variety of liquid. It seems like this could be a fun hobby considering the customization, and anything to get me off "analogs" (< real cigarettes right? lol)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
You got it. The Volt is a KR808D-1, so any 808 cartos will fit it, and they are refillable, so they should give you no troubles. I don't know anything about this Bulldog so I couldn't tell you how they could be refilled, but really, anything can be refilled. It's just a question of how to get the juice in there (and possibly how to clean the old stuff out).

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Never seen a Bulldog e-cig, but if it's cartomizers, I'd guess you have three refill options:
1.Syringe method - use a syringe to get juice in there.
2. Condom method - using the rubber caps that come on the cartos to get juice in there.
3. Rotation method - pulling the mouth end cap and o-ring out and dripping juice in while rotating the carto.

All the methods are outlined in detail on this forum. See which works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread