Noob with KR808D questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thornie

Sep 2, 2012
High Desert, So. Cali
Hello! I was referred here by my good friend wonderland. I picked up and tried a couple of e-cigs almost a year ago now and making the switch has been a bit of a pain. The first one I got was some cheap made in China brand that I was subsequently unable to find cartridges for, the second is the KR808D starter kit. I really liked the company I bought it from at first, but they immediately had chemist problems and then never had my flavor (clove) cartomizers in stock. After doing a million web searches only to find spam site after spam site I admittedly became discouraged.
Initially I had reservations about filling my own because of the toxicity of the nicotine. I care for 6 rescued companion birds and I was afraid to accidentally poison them. My fears have since been allayed by my friend, so I think I'm ready to take the plunge! I understand that my setup is not the best and shall look into moving forward after I get set up to fill and vape. I'm looking for advice and input on how best to proceed, please! Thanks!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Thornie and welcome to ECF. "If" you can make a decision before midnight? tomorrow you're in luck as most vendors are having Labor Day Sales. If you like a cig sized PV the Volt by Smokeless Image is a great PV, has amazing CS and is having a 22% sale:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/328393-sale-labor-day.html
Good Luck.
Also after you receive your PV post your pic in the SI Forum for a great freebie.

prospero

Sep 1, 2012
Isle of Man, UK
Hi Thornie, I began with a KR808D-1 starter kit also, only a few weeks ago. still use it and it's very good kit but quiclky moved on to other dedvices. If I'd known what I do now I'd have gone for big battery gear from the start not 'cigarette look alike devices', but hey, you live and learn. as far as I'm concerned the only way ahead is gear with 510 fittings, 90% of stuff out there seems to be for 510. I know you can get adapters but just seems sensible to start and stick with 510. IMHO :)

Thornie

Sep 2, 2012
High Desert, So. Cali
Thanks, all. Thing is I'm on a pretty tight budget. So what I figure my budget will handle is getting set up to fill my own this month, with a few empties for the e-cig I now have, and then perhaps next month I can step up to a better PV

The thing is, my smoking budget would be a lot higher if I were still smoking tailor mades, but I've been doing my own for about 2 years, so the tobacco budget is much lower :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Good to have you aboard and all that matters is you've either cut down or quit analogs and congrats. If on a tight budget "consider" your next step DIY juice- great savings.
Good Luck and All the Best.

Thanks, all. Thing is I'm on a pretty tight budget. So what I figure my budget will handle is getting set up to fill my own this month, with a few empties for the e-cig I now have, and then perhaps next month I can step up to a better PV

The thing is, my smoking budget would be a lot higher if I were still smoking tailor mades, but I've been doing my own for about 2 years, so the tobacco budget is much lower :)

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Welcome to ECF!
After all the phony sites out there you've finally found a great place to figure out what your next step will be.
I think your only problem is sifting through all the great suggestions that will come your way.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, we're generally a very friendly bunch and love to share what we've learned.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
hey Thornie... I think these are what you want for now (although I'm mostly clueless as you know): http://www.vaporkings.com/KR808D-1-...ge-of-five-black-p/kr808-cart-blank-black.htm
I don't know if this is the best price, so you might want to look around a little first? There are a lot of great ejuice sites and lots of them are having labor day sales. maybe some one has a good clove recommendation? although I think there are a ton of flavors out there you would love (like coffee flavors!). take a look at Kick Bass Vapor and Alice In Vapeland (I just ordered a sampler from there). there's a whole forum here dedicated to eliquids where you can see what everyone enjoys and where to get it from.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I don't now very much do I'll just tell you what I do know. You can get blank cartos at SI.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Refill Cartridges there is a Labor day coupon code for 22% off. Threads for 808. I have refilled several times on my cartos.

Also there are CE3s that you fill with your own juice. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt CE3 Cartomizer - Bottom Coil - Accessories

I have used them both. Read the directions for the CE3 with threads for the 808. I have refilled mine about 3 times each and they are still going strong.

This Labor Day for those that are working and those that are lucky for the day off, we're celebrating here at Smokeless Image by running a 22% Off Sale!

COUPON CODE: LABRDY12
Please Note: 22% OFF everything that we have in stock is valid from Friday, August 31st until end of day September 3rd @ 11:59 PM EST!

With a coupon code these may be cost effective options for you.

Thornie

Sep 2, 2012
High Desert, So. Cali
I'm sorry, I'm looking for the directions for the 808 threads, but not finding directions anywhere. Are they here on these forums somewhere or at the site you are referring me to? Thanks

I don't now very much do I'll just tell you what I do know. You can get blank cartos at SI.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Refill Cartridges there is a Labor day coupon code for 22% off. Threads for 808. I have refilled several times on my cartos.

Also there are CE3s that you fill with your own juice. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt CE3 Cartomizer - Bottom Coil - Accessories

I have used them both. Read the directions for the CE3 with threads for the 808. I have refilled mine about 3 times each and they are still going strong.

This Labor Day for those that are working and those that are lucky for the day off, we're celebrating here at Smokeless Image by running a 22% Off Sale!

COUPON CODE: LABRDY12
Please Note: 22% OFF everything that we have in stock is valid from Friday, August 31st until end of day September 3rd @ 11:59 PM EST!

With a coupon code these may be cost effective options for you.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I'm sorry, I'm looking for the directions for the 808 threads, but not finding directions anywhere. Are they here on these forums somewhere or at the site you are referring me to? Thanks

Not sure what you mean.

The SI stuff are all 808 threaded, basically. The CE3's you have to fill with a needle by turning them upside down. That's why I said read the directions. There are videos available at the SI sub forum. It really hasn't been hard to fill them, you just need to know how.

Also, Mr Outlaw has some e-cig videos on you tube.

wonderland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Riverside, California
LOL, wonderland, my friend. I think those are indeed what I need, but I would love to find a simple starter kit for filling my own cartridges along with clove and perhaps some yummy coffee flavors all at one place! So yes, I'll try to keep looking around here and then try to shop before sales end. Thanks!!

I don't think there's really a starter kit for filling your own cartos. you just need the cartos and the juice. you might also want a syringe for better filling accuracy since you're worried about getting it on your skin.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
LOL, wonderland, my friend. I think those are indeed what I need, but I would love to find a simple starter kit for filling my own cartridges along with clove and perhaps some yummy coffee flavors all at one place! So yes, I'll try to keep looking around here and then try to shop before sales end. Thanks!!

If you're asking HOW to fill your own cartomizers, this video shows about the easiest way all you need is empty cartomizers and a bottle of juice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread