Noobie Here / How long does your cart last

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanga

Feb 9, 2010
USA
Hey Guys,

Got my Joyce 510 from Cignot (they're awesome!). I ordered mine with several pre-filled cartridges. My question is how long do your cartridges last? It seems like I am going through 2-3 a day. After a while I get no vapor and it feels like I'm just sucking on air.

Is there anything I can do to get more vapor and to get the cartridges to last longer?

Thanks!
G

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Hey Guys,

Got my Joyce 510 from Cignot (they're awesome!). I ordered mine with several pre-filled cartridges. My question is how long do your cartridges last? It seems like I am going through 2-3 a day. After a while I get no vapor and it feels like I'm just sucking on air.

Is there anything I can do to get more vapor and to get the cartridges to last longer?

Thanks!
G

Most of the posts I've seen in my time here pretty much proclaim the prefilled carts as...well...crap.

Everyone has an opinion on this, however you do have what is probably the most versatile ecig around.

Most users I find around here either direct drip, use one of the many cart mods (ZFM, foam, etc) or move to a 510 compatible high voltage model.

Hope ya find what you are looking for.

Stay Vapin!

wanga

Feb 9, 2010
USA
Most of the posts I've seen in my time here pretty much proclaim the prefilled carts as...well...crap.

Everyone has an opinion on this, however you do have what is probably the most versatile ecig around.

Most users I find around here either direct drip, use one of the many cart mods (ZFM, foam, etc) or move to a 510 compatible high voltage model.

Hope ya find what you are looking for.

Stay Vapin!
I ordered liquid from Cignot various kinds to see what I would like best, should have it tomorrow (pending the snow storm), but I definitely look forward to dripping instead of using the carts.

correct me if I am wrong, but I can use one of my existing carts and just drip into that?

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I ordered liquid from Cignot various kinds to see what I would like best, should have it tomorrow (pending the snow storm), but I definitely look forward to dripping instead of using the carts.

correct me if I am wrong, but I can use one of my existing carts and just drip into that?

What I do with mine is remove the polyfill and the small black thing that holds the polyfill in place first.

Then I drip a couple drops onto my atty, and replace the empty cart on top. I hit the button and enjoy.

You can refill the polyfill, however you will be wasting the juice, since most of it will linger at the bottom of the cart.

It's not the best for portable vaping....which is why I only use my 510 at home for the time being.

I've heard some awesome things about the blue foam mod and ZFM mods...so you might want to look into those as well.

I gave up on a portable 510 when I just couldnt get that darn tea bag mod to work....so I am sure someone else has some ideas as well.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
You can use your liquid to fill your cart or you can drip directly onto the bridge. I use a 510 atty on my BB (big battery mod) and prefer to just refill the cart every couple of hours. I find that it's easier to fill the cart and be done with it for a while. I find it a pain to try and drip on the bridge. Although it's not as difficult on the 510 as it is on my 801 atty attached to my Silver Bullet.

ETA:
If you decide to drip on the bridge, you can put the mouthpiece back on (as mentioned above) or you can tailpipe it (not bother to put a mouthpiece back on).

Last edited:

wanga

Feb 9, 2010
USA
What I do with mine is remove the polyfill and the small black thing that holds the polyfill in place first.

Then I drip a couple drops onto my atty, and replace the empty cart on top. I hit the button and enjoy.

You can refill the polyfill, however you will be wasting the juice, since most of it will linger at the bottom of the cart.

It's not the best for portable vaping....which is why I only use my 510 at home for the time being.

I've heard some awesome things about the blue foam mod and ZFM mods...so you might want to look into those as well.

I gave up on a portable 510 when I just couldnt get that darn tea bag mod to work....so I am sure someone else has some ideas as well.

Dripping usually refers to drips directly on the atomizer. Topping off refers to drips in the cart. And yes you can use the existing cart for both.

Just remove the cart stuffing for dripping.

Or what he said.:)

Thanks for the correction on that.
bornagainst, how many hits do you get by just putting drops on the atty?

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Thanks for the correction on that.
bornagainst, how many hits do you get by just putting drops on the atty?

I only use two drops at a time, so as to not flood the atty. Maybe a third if I am feeling crackers. You'll know its flooded when you are taking a hit and all you hear is a gurgling sound.

I get around 4-5 decent hits with it, and a few lighter residuals.

Everyones experience varies, but when I am sitting home in front of the tube, it's the easiest thing for me to do.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Just got started vaping and bought the Vapor King set up from Vap4Life. I'm a heavy smoker and the carts seem to be lasting me quite awhile.
Cartomizers n the 510 system are different.
My 510 carts last - not long enough.
Ideally, I'd like a cart the size of, say..a volkswagon..attached to mine to I could get good vaping going. I guess the wicking material would have be..an entire sheep or something.
Not practical I know :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread