Noobie hoping for some time-sensitive battery help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiver

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
I've been lurking on ECF for some time now, but haven't posted till now. This place is huge and can be a bit intimidating.

I started vaping about 4 months ago and haven't had a tobacco smoke since March 1st (woohoo!). I've gone from Blu to eGo-C to Stardusts to a three week old chrome lavatube/lambo (bless you orachel) and things are going great.

But I messed up.

Just got a great invite for Memorial day camping/canoeing trip but none of the canoes has an outlet for my 18650 charger. I could probably manage with my eGos and some sort of USB connection, but, um, I probably won't. I'll be having beer. Beer makes me want tobacco smoke - a lot.

My new lavatube/lambo takes care of that craving really well. EGos - not so much anymore. Especially over three days.

Where can I find a brick and mortar place to buy either a car charger or a few extra 18650 batteries? Price is not nearly as important as I thought it was a week ago.

Radio Shack's website was a dead end and so was Fry's, but I haven't gone to either's physical store. Am I stuck with resigning myself to smoking some time this weekend, or is there some way I can convert canoe paddling into e-power into vape into theheckwithyoutobacco?

Help.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ohhh - you're running out of time.... Internet ordering won't get it to you by Saturday, probably. Sorry, I'm in Texas and I don't know of a B&M in your area. There is one down here but that won't do you any good...... Guys, anyone in the Chicago area know of any stores????? Running out of charged batteries for the Lavatube? MAJOR disaster! I have 6 batteries that are always charged or charging.... I hope someone can help this poor vaper! :)

bunnyscrunt

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Canada
Best Buy and a ton of other places including Walmart sell little bricks, lithium batteries, that charge by AC and spit out USB power later. Duracell does one made for the powergrid system, they are super cheap (i got mine for $10 each but I am in Canada where this stuff costs more than for the US), and they charge directly from your computer or a AC/USB adapter. If you are out of time, just grab a handful of them and get em all charged up.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
For future reference here is a thread from The Canada Forum discussing options for camping:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/296256-camping-vaping.html

Obviously the eGo types, even the Twist, are easier to accommodate power wise since they only require 5 volt DC to a USB. The solar cell phone chargers look promising but it's just the beginning of the camping season here so there is not much feedback yet.Lol Our long weekend was the 19th to 21st of May.

Good Luck and let us know how you made out and if you find anything that may be helpful to others.

Relax, Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread