Everything for starting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I just switch from smoking to vaping for more than 10 days, I have done researching and learning a lot from this forum but still confuse something, so need some advise.

Here are the things which I have bought for past 10 days.
· Lavatube Lambo (Young June version)
· 2xDC tank 6ml (Dont know the brand but it works well with smoktech pre-punched dual coil cartomizer 1.5ohm)
· Smoktech UDCT tank 3.5ml
· DCT Filler
· DCT Cone
· 510-eGo Adapter
· 5xSmoktech Pre-Punched Dual Coil Cartomizer
· Ego -twist (for back up)
· 10x 10ml Hangsen Liquid
· 3x 10ml Liqua Vanila

My questions are:

1. Do I need to buy anything else? any good tools , toys?
2. There are only 3 brands for flavor in my area which are Hangsen, Liqua and Tastemore. Which one is the best? I bought 3 vanila from liqua and 10 other kind of flavor from Hangsen so I can't compare them, haven't tried Tastemore yet. Can you suggest which brand is the best of these 3 name?
3. I heard some people said that Dual Coil Cartomizer 1.5ohm will kill Ego-Twist, it only works great with VV which has high battery capacity?
4. life of Smoktech Dual coil cartomizer 1.5ohm? how much ml juice we can vape before we need to change carto?
5. My Lavatube lambo comes with 2 batteries 2200mah, the battery no label, no information, It just look as in picture below. I think that it is a cheap-unstable battery. Anyone use this kind of battery before? Do I need to get other better batteries? there are 2 type of batteries for VV, one is IMR (high drain battery) and other is protected battery, which one is better for VV:toast:?
6. Still thinking lol ....

2013-03-30%2021.03.07.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Unless the owner's manual says differently, IMR or high drain (safe chemistry) batteries are generally recommended for a variable voltage APV. The protected circuits of protected batteries can interfere with the processor of a variable voltage APV, and the processor has built-in protection making protected batteries redundent even if they would work. Variable voltage processors use a boost circuit which usually require the high drain IMR batteries.

Batteries are available in either a flat top or button (nipple top) top. Which one your Lavatube requires should be in the owners manual.

I personally recommend using genuine AW brand batteries from a vendor that specializes in selling batteries, like RTD Vapor. You didn't mention a battery charger; makes good sense to use a well known charger like a Pila, Xtar, or Nitecore. Good idea to store spare batteries in a plastic battery case. All these can be found at RTD. Excellent variety of drip tips can be found here, too, if you need some for your cartotanks.

RTD Vapor AW Batteries

I have a lot of information that I have collected for beginning vapors in my blog, especially on juice delivery devices, cartomizers, and cartotank setup, including video demonstrations. You can access this by clicking on the " 6 " under Blog Entries under my avatar. Then click on the title of the article you wish to view.

The article on "Excellent Setup for a New Vapor" has a video on how to use an Ego Spinner or Twist battery.

You might find the low resistance, dual coil cartomizers to be too harsh for your liking. If so, I recommend a higher resistance, especially for the two variable voltage PV's that you have purchased. I recommend a single coil, 2.5 - 3.0 ohm cartomizer for the widest range of voltages to take advantage of your gear. There is a Safe Vaping Power Chart link in the blog article titled "List of Vendors Selling Pre-punched Cartomizers."

You should get 1-3 weeks use with each cartomizer in a cartotank, less with particularly thicker or darker e-liquids. You will know when to change out to a new cartomizer when the draw gets harder or the flavor becomes sour or bad.

Figure on consuming 3-5 ml of e-liquid a day on average. 24mg nicotine strength is a good place to start for someone with a 1 ppd smoking habit.

I recommend getting a tank tool like the Slap Yo Moma tool. I've included a video demonstration in the Cartotank Setup article that I wrote. I don't know which tank filling tool that you purchased, but one like in my article will protect your tank's o-rings.

There is a slight learning curve to using cartotanks. Be certain to follow the directions and videos included in my blog articles on cartotank setup and you should get off to an excellent start.

Last edited:
Thank Baditude, your blog got a lot of information which Im looking for, btw can you check the link in your blog which is
"
How to "hot swap" cartomizers in a tank that is still partially filled with juice:

The Ocelot Method for changing cartomizers in a carto tank - YouTube
(Special thanks to The Ocelot)"

It seems like doesn't work for me, I can't see the youtube link :(

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
btw can you check the link in your blog which is
"
How to "hot swap" cartomizers in a tank that is still partially filled with juice:

The Ocelot Method for changing cartomizers in a carto tank - YouTube
(Special thanks to The Ocelot)"

It seems like doesn't work for me, I can't see the youtube link :(

Thanks, I have updated the link in my blog. Ocelot is an ECF buddy of mine here and it seems that she updated her old link with a new one. Mine should be working now. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
here is my DCT tank tool for refill. it works great for me, you should check it out, Baditude.

Yes, I have seen those before. That tool will not protect your o-rings while inserting cartomizers through the end caps like a Slap Yo Moma tool or similar device. Besides protecting the o-rings, it also assists in assembling the tank by guiding the carto in the proper alignment, and also prevents juice getting into the air hole of the carto when filling the tank. The o-rings are very important to keep a cartotank from leaking liquid, and keep proper pressure within the tank. This is a better, all-around tool.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Seeing as you're in Malaysia here's a better deal for Pannys. I bought 4 for $20 incl shipping and were delivered in 10 days to Canada.
$10.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Discount code TENOFF will give you 5% off.
They also have 2900, 3100 and 3400 mah Pannys.

I just check it, I am interested in 3400mah version but it is not an IMR, can you share some experience after using it with your VV?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Any one can answer my question 2 and 3?

2. There are only 3 brands for flavor in my area which are Hangsen, Liqua and Tastemore. Which one is the best? I bought 3 vanila from liqua and 10 other kind of flavor from Hangsen so I can't compare them, haven't tried Tastemore yet. Can you suggest which brand is the best of these 3 name?
3. I heard some people said that Dual Coil Cartomizer 1.5ohm will kill Ego-Twist, it only works great with VV which has high battery capacity?

2- I DIY so unfortunately I can't help you. Here's the Malaysia Forum Perhaps someone could supply you with more vendors in your region.
3- Yes dual coils will drain a Twist batt quicker. I've never really gotten into dual coils as I found 1.7, 1.8 single coils usually performed quite well.
The Best of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread