Noobie Vaper- Help with kanger/ sigelei!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

II_Kosmos_II

Jul 19, 2015
Texas
New to vaping so I'm still learning as I go so bare with me here...

I have a sigelei 30w with a Kangersub mini tank with 0.5 occ coil. Having issues not getting a good hit. Flavor isn't really there the way I want it to be...and I get this irritated feeling in my throat(which could be more related to this new juice Im trying) I don't know if it's related to my settings on my mod or the coil/tank...

When it comes to the settings I'm really unsure.. I don't quite understand it all yet and I've been just going by what the shop is telling me. Right now it's set to:

27.9W
4.3v

Last edited:

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
I've tried other people's mods when I'm at the shop. I like big hits with a good flavor. I prefer milky blends cause it's smooth. I don't get that with this setup.

I have the subtank mini and it gets you a good vape but for me not as good as some dual coil tanks and drippers.
Do you have other juices you can use ?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome Kosmos! First thing, when you're starting on a new coil, make sure that the wick is properly primed (i.e. soaked with fluid) You could be getting some dry hits, which taste pretty nasty. If you overdid that, the wick may be ruined and you'll have to replace the coil or at least try to rewick it.

When I'm firing up a new coil, I will start low (after priming) and work my way up until I get to the level of vape I want. (Like others, I don't run mine much above 23W when I'm really "pushing")

Good luck!

II_Kosmos_II

Jul 19, 2015
Texas
Those may have been RDAs. Does it get better or worse when you adjust the air flow?

I have a kanger subtank plus an get great hits and flavour with the air open all the way.

ETA: I'm also using the 0.5 ohm occ coils and am currently running at 19.5 w I sometime go higher but never higher than 28w

RDAs??

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
are you using the original subtank mini or the newer version (original has one cyclops air hole on bottom ring, newer version has two) - and do you know if the .5 ohm coil you are using is the original horizontal version or the new vertical (if you look down into the coil itself from the top, does the coil run side to side or can you see all the way through the coil to the bottom of the post?)

the newer coils tend to like a bit more wattage... i generally run the horizontal coils right around 20 watts... the new verts, 35-45 watts depending on the juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread