Nose bleeds... the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
OK, this is getting ridiculous. For the last month and a half I have been getting nosebleeds at a minimum of every other day. It's getting to a point where I'm starting to think it's time to quit vaping. (I've cut down to anywhere between zero and 6mg nicotine, so I'm not going back to analogs, I'll happily chew nic gum if I have to replace.)

Anyone else with the nosebleed thing? It's just annoying as ****.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Thx, QueenV. I generally drink water throughout the day (I low-carb most of the time, so drinking at least 4 big sixteen ounce glasses a day is second-nature for me) plus crystal-light type fruit punch/lemonade the rest of the day to offset my two cups of (12oz) coffee in the morning.

Thanks for adding that you've had them as well - Roly had me thinking this was some completely bizarre thread to have started in the Health forum.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
After my extensive Dr. Internet appointment, I can safely say I don't exhibit any symptoms or risk factors for hemophilia (er, a chick with no known chromosome disorders), hepatitis, liver disease or blood pressure problems (unless curiously low blood pressure is a problem) - so I just assumed it was the only new factor in my life -vaping.

BUT, who knows, right?

I seriously hope it passes as well, because it is crazy annoying.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
It's probably the change in the weather Shan. I got it on a regular basis before vaping thanks to Sjogren's Syndrome, but this year has been worse due to the PG and how dry it's been here lately combined with having to run the heat. Try setting up a humidifier in the room(s) you spend the most time in and see if that gives you some relief. If not, I agree that you might have it looked at. Sinusitis sometimes has very few symptoms, but nosebleeds can be one of them.

Nixsdaddy

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Bessemer City, NC
Nosebleeds are very common with sinus infections. Every single time I kick the analog habit I get one (about 1-4 weeks after I quit analogs). But this time, it was triggered by a few things. One was the radical weather changes. Going from the low 30's to the mid 70's and then back to the 30's really messes me up. And then the switch to vaping. All the stuff that had been building in my sinuses over the past 20 years decided to come out in massive force. It started out dark and sticky like molasses and would harden overnight in your sleep. Over the past 2 weeks, the discharge has been getting lighter and lighter and more of the consistency that would be considered normal.

After antibiotics, nasonex every day, and some bromax-d, I am starting to feel tons better and the nosebleeds stopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread