Nose hit vs throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I like a good throat hit, but what I like better is the feel of the vapor mist slowly going out of my nose, straight out without inhaling it. Unfortunately, it goes away after a few puffs, so I have to stop vaping for several minutes to get it back.

Anyone else like this?

This is how I normally vape. I take it in my mouth, swish it around and taste it, then blow it out my nose. I only inhale every once in a while and not much vapor, at that. I can blow big, thick, dense rings, too.

In fact, I only exhale through my mouth when I am blowing smoke rings. Smoke rings are awesome.

Me too. Is there another way I'm not aware of? :glare:

Thucydides

Force of Nature
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Washington, DC
In fact, I only exhale through my mouth when I am blowing smoke rings. Smoke rings are awesome.

"Men naturally despise those who court them, but respect those who do not give way to them."

One of my favorites is:

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

I first read Thucydides in the Warner translation (Penguin Classics), and I loved most of it, but I found the detailed descriptions of battles to be difficult to visualize so I pretty much slogged through them. Then I got my hands on Strassker's The Landmark Thucydides. Although it uses the Crawley translation, Strassler has updated it. Best of all, it presents the full text with maps on nearly every page to illustrate the geography that Thucydide's is discussing at the moment. That made the entire book make a hell of a lot more sense. When I studied ancient Greek, we had some assignments translating excerpts of The Peloponnesian War, and it's the most difficult ancient Greek you'll ever encounter.

Of course, the shocking thing about Thucydides is how so much of it reads like it could have been written in the 20th or 21st centuries.

(When I go to a place where the handle "Thucydides" is taken, "Herodotus" is my fall back. After that, I use "Polynices," which is almost always available. I few times, I've had to resort to using "Eteocles.")

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Last edited:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
One of my favorites is:

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."

(When I go to a place where the handle "Thucydides" is taken, "Herodotus" is my fall back. After that, I use "Polynices," which is almost always available. I few times, I've had to resort to using "Eteocles.")

Heh, well I think you have the advantage on me on Thucy knowledge.

An interesting thing about his account of the The Peloponnesian War is the physical quality of the book. It is so great that the author Anatoly Fomenko (sp?) uses the quality of the book as evidence that it could not have been made at the time of the Peloponnesian War in his work History: Fiction or Science?. That is how I got interested in Thucydides. He was truly a fascinating character.

twisted1

Moved On
Dec 12, 2012
Most of the stuff that gives me a throat hit also hits my nasal passages when I push it out my nose slowly without inhaling. For some reason, inhaling makes the vapor nullifies the effect.

Makes me sneeze...even in the cigarette days.

Which flavor so far would you consider best for NH, or is NH due to nic content.

Thucydides

Force of Nature
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Washington, DC
Which flavor so far would you consider best for NH, or is NH due to nic content.

I'll have to start writing it down, because I haven't tracked it. Here's some I can recall off the top of my head.

The Tobacco flavor from Vapor Dojo does it great (24mg 70/30), the best of any flavor I've had. Smokeless Image's RY4 (appears to be stock Chinese 80/20 RY4) does it nicely. Their mint does it, too, (also appears to be stock Chinese 80/20 mint), though it's too strong for all-day vaping; better for a drop here and there to help clean up the finish on a muddy flavor. HHV's Smooth Java (18mg 70/30) doesn't do it as much.

Just an aside about e-Juice: I have a very sensitive palette, having tasted and evaluated wine and scotch quite for years (though sadly, I gave up drinking for religious reasons). I can taste flavors in soda and punch and the order that they appear in fairly readily (Diet Coke = initial strong sugar flavor, followed by medium cola impact with a developing orange citrus, and a caramel finish; Coke Classic = initial strong cola impact that lasts through the development of orange citrus and spice flavors, with a vanilla finish). I have to say that I'm not terribly impressed with many of the gourmet mixes I've had (e.g., HHV), which strike me as unbalanced with dominating flavors that quickly become cloying, while many of the more mass-market oriented juices (e.g., the Smokeless Image stuff) are simple, easy, and don't wear on me as much.

twisted1

Moved On
Dec 12, 2012
I have one tobacco flavor that I initially didn't know I had. Thanks Mark for the freebie.
My fav are fruit and candies. The coffee flavors are quickly taking second place.

I have been trying the NH throughout the day to the point that it is tolerable (rarely sneezing now) but the burn is not that pleasant. But I must admit that it was worth the effort. I steep my juices differently than what I've seen advised here. I feel that few of the ones that I have posess the characteristics marketed, and the flavors can only be distinguished on subsequent draws. But then again, I have a meatloaf and potatoes palette.

Jacoji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Portland, OR
It's taken me a while to adjust to vaping as I would smoke directly into my lungs - I coughed and sputtered at the start. It did help to read that sticky post about technique and don't inhale into my lungs much anymore. Even just now I tried the slow nasal exhale as mentioned above and it is much better. Too fast as it can sting a bit. We'll see how I do at the peak of allergy season.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I've never tried this NH until I read this. This feels nice !!! Thanks

i just tried it too. its weird! :) im using citrus punch from quick nic and its delivering one hell of a nose hit. i kinda like it but i like TH much more. as soon as i did the nose hit, it instantly reminded me of the nose hit i get from burping from a beer, through your nose. :toast: i do usually enjoy the beer nose hit lol

Last edited:

kdwycha

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, FL
I mentioned this in another thread but if your nose hit is diminishing have you considered just taking a huge hit from your PV straight up your nose? Would give you one hell of a eye tearing nose hit and you would cough your .... off.

Probably would get weird looks vaping in public and would have to carry more tissues then Pee Wee Herman in an adult theater though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread