not even remotely on subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
I was very touched. I joke and play with you all a lot but as you are my GV family I really wanted to share this with you. Me and my fam are by no means well to do but we get by. My daughter (who is 13)has been helping at a homeless mission serving food for a few months now which I think is AWESOME but tonight was a peak for me. Helping the homeless holds a special place for me but that is another story for another time. My daughter came home and told us about a little boy (4) who is there every week and only gets to eat there and at his 4k class. My wife asked if my youngest son (8) if he would think about sending any of his toys/stuffed animals for the little boy. He said he can have all the toys (except his nerf gun ...lol) and one of his stuffed animals he won @ the fair. Regardless if this holds true next week his heart touched mine. I am soooooo proud of all 3 of my kids and I just wanted to share with my GV family.

Last edited:

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
awsome just awsome :) thanks for sharing that!!!!! i was living in poverty when I was a child and I can testify, the kindness shown from a family such as yours is always remembered!! One year, a family took us in for christmas...my happiest christmas i can remember :)
just know,,,,,thanks for all u do for the people less fortunately and believing in them and helping them onto their feet!!! I do know, i dont know what would of happened to us if it were not for people like u and your family in the world
Amy

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Whew! I thought you were goign to say you turned that lil 4 year old on to vaping!

grinzzz...jk...nice story : )

I was very touched. I joke and play with you all a lot but as you are my GV family I really wanted to share this with you. Me and my fam are by no means well to do but we get by. My daughter (who is 13)has been helping at a homeless mission serving food for a few months now which I think is AWESOME but tonight was a peak for me. Helping the homeless holds a special place for me but that is another story for another time. My daughter came home and told us about a little boy (4) who is there every week and only gets to eat there and at his 4k class. My wife asked if my youngest son (8) if he would think about sending any of his toys/stuffed animals for the little boy. He said he can have all the toys (except his nerf gun ...lol) and one of his stuffed animals he won @ the fair. Regardless if this holds true next week his heart touched mine. I am soooooo proud of all 3 of my kids and I just wanted to share with my GV family.

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
Thanks for the laugh friend. I do not deal well with emotions good or bad so I needed that. That would have been a twisted twist hey?

Whew! I thought you were goign to say you turned that lil 4 year old on to vaping!

grinzzz...jk...nice story : )

@amy..... I will let you know more privatley but thank you for your words they were good for my heart. MUAH.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
Every year at work we adopt a family for Christmas and I truly am saddened when an 8 year old asks for a pillow....and I take so many things for granted. I tend to go crazy with it every year!

You should be proud..that is awesome!

A little off your subject but my daunted got citizen of the month for the may award....Honesty was the may quality! Nothing wrong with that! Makes me proud of her and myself actually.

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
c1eeb7be.png

Thought I would share:). To her right is the picture she did ...I thought it was pretty darn good for a 3rd grader!!!! She loves art and writing stories!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
RT....thank you so much for sharing that story! It always does my heart good to hear children being so giving, especially when so many have a "me" complex. You should be very proud of yourself for raising such thoughtful, heart-filled, caring kids....Kudos to you and your family!

Laura....I must say, you have an artist on your hands....very nice job she did! And a congratulatory (hug) to her on such an honorable award! (pst....I believe her picture is to her left...our right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread