Not feeling the Igo-L. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbding

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
ashland, ohio
It isn't that it is bad but i am looking for more. I am wondering about some of the clones for the kayfun ( yes i know they are different and not a dripper) Just looking for something simple that is better than what i have ( kanger protank, protank 2, Iclear 30s) I am looking for something rebuildable (as I enjoy that) but can hold juice and not have many issues. dripping isn't for me. i like the tank setup. Dripping maybe ok but the igo-l didn't do it. any suggestions? ( i am using mvp 2 and VTR)
thanks

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
One I see recommended a lot, and I can't believe I am saying this is the Reo. It has a dripper on top but there is a bottle underneath that when you need a little juice you Squonk it
(their term). This adds just a touch of juice to your atty. The people that have them are fanatical about them. I also have seen some people who use a genesis style atty like a dripper. Also there are Cartos that give you the flavor and supposedly less hassle. Lots of options for every taste.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Haven't heard many (or any) complaints about the REO!
If you want to stick with what you have, I use an AGA T2. Rebuildable top coil, glass tank. I use a micro coil and cotton for a wick. Just picked up a Kayfun clone yesterday from ebay.
Black Edition Kayfun Lite Plus Russian Style RBA Atomizer with Adjustable 510 | eBay
Working pretty well for me..plastic and steel tanks included, you also have to make your own coils.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I use a REO + RM2 90% of the time. THis is my go to setup these days.

I also own AGA-T2 and the Kayfun Lite clone. OF the 2 if you really like the tank kind of thing I would say Kayfun Lite + or the RUssian 91%. The AGA-T2 has the disadvantage that you must keep it upright or it leaks.

With your IGO-L it could just be your setup. Try raising your coil a bit higher above the deck to increase the Throat hit. Make sure yuo put the top on it with the airhole as close to the coil as possible. Maybe try micro coils an cotton wicks.

Silent Solution

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Wesley Chapel, FL
I have an IGO-L (as well as an IGO-W and W3) and I didnt like it at first either. Then I drilled out the stock hole to 3/32 (I think - its whatever is next bit up from a 5/64 bit) and I love it. I dont use it everyday, but with about a 6 or 7 wrap micro coil and cotton wicking, its great. As far as RDAs with tanks, many many people love the Kayfun and the Russian 91. I personally do not like genny style RBAs as I switch juice way too much.

As for the REO's, thank God my tax return will be here soon! Next on my to get list.

photon9

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Capital Region NY
One I see recommended a lot, and I can't believe I am saying this is the Reo. It has a dripper on top but there is a bottle underneath that when you need a little juice you Squonk it
(their term). This adds just a touch of juice to your atty. The people that have them are fanatical about them. I also have seen some people who use a genesis style atty like a dripper. Also there are Cartos that give you the flavor and supposedly less hassle. Lots of options for every taste.

I highly recommend a REO!

Try one sometime... You will believe you're recommending one (probably all the time) first puff.

Joka

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
CleVegas TN.
I have an Igo-L and I love it to death, its extremely simple to use IMO but mine also came stock with holes drilled in the post, I hear most dont. So I guess that makes mine superior, I wouldn't have one if it didn't have the holes lol and I've drilled my hole out.

The kraken is my most recent purchase, its a genesis style atomizer, its the beez neez, it can be setup with ss mesh
6e5e3e5u.jpg

Or I have mine set up with a cotton wick, dual coil, and I just drip it, and the excess goes into the tank, turn upside down and it saturates my cotton =] auto dripper. Plus it has adjustable air holes on both sides. Hands down best tank I've used in a grip.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I know. I know...

I'm thinking of modding it though. But it's SS...hard for me to work with. People have been known to plug that hole and drill one on top toward center. I'm thinking of adding an "air tube" to put the air flow down to the base and let if flow back up on the inhale.

Usually isn't a problem unless I happen to drip and then need to put it in a pocket right away.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
I highly recommend a REO!

Try one sometime... You will believe you're recommending one (probably all the time) first puff.

I use an IGO-l, a Nimbus Clone, One of the Phoenix clones, And I have a Steam Turbine. I use at least 3 different ones each day. I switch my flavors a lot so a Reo is not something I am interested in. Plus, I personally am not fond of the box mods. One day I may change my mind.

I know. I know...

I'm thinking of modding it though. But it's SS...hard for me to work with. People have been known to plug that hole and drill one on top toward center. I'm thinking of adding an "air tube" to put the air flow down to the base and let if flow back up on the inhale.

Usually isn't a problem unless I happen to drip and then need to put it in a pocket right away.

If you put a decent amount of cotton in there and don't overdrip it you will not have a leak. I carry mine in my pockets and almost never lose juice through the airhole, and mine is drilled out to just under 1/8th of an inch on my IGO-L and my Nimbus I have 4-1/16th holes in

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
1st what is it that you don't like about it

I Love em for me they give great flav and the easiest fastest rebuild

for a friend of mine he wans clouds of vapor more the flav and easy build there other RDA's that are geared towards that

for another its the convenience of a tank with him its all about the kayfun

dif thing's for different needs

what is it you want out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread