not much vapor from 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
i bought a joye 510 from awesomevapor and got it today, and i got some decent vapes from the initial drip on the atty, but now when i look at youtube vids, theres no comparison that im getting not as nearly as much vapor as i should, i tried the single half of the lipton tea pryamid, going to try it with both halves tomorrow, ill most likely try the roll your own cig filter mod, and maybe the blue foam, if i get time, but im just wondering if im doing something wrong or what.

and i was looking at the straw mod, but idk it looked a tad risky and a pain to keep up with, and dripping sounds like a pain too

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
My understanding is that it has a lot to do with the juice, but technique to vaping is important too. With my 510, I don't tighten the atty onto the batt very tight. If you look closely at the junction between the atty and batt you'll see the slots that allow the air to flow through (with the manual battery) and you want them to be able to breathe.

Also, I push my button about 1-2 seconds before I vape to give the atty time to heat up, then vape very lightly for about 4 to 5 seconds and get clouds of vapor. I know that dripping is more work, but for me I make sure that my cart is topped of with e-juice and go through the effort to put one drop on my atty and I am a vaping machine.

I think a lot of it has to do with your vaping 'technique', so try different things and see if it helps.

:thumb:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
My understanding is that it has a lot to do with the juice, but technique to vaping is important too. With my 510, I don't tighten the atty onto the batt very tight. If you look closely at the junction between the atty and batt you'll see the slots that allow the air to flow through (with the manual battery) and you want them to be able to breathe.

Also, I push my button about 1-2 seconds before I vape to give the atty time to heat up, then vape very lightly for about 4 to 5 seconds and get clouds of vapor. I know that dripping is more work, but for me I make sure that my cart is topped of with e-juice and go through the effort to put one drop on my atty and I am a vaping machine.

I think a lot of it has to do with your vaping 'technique', so try different things and see if it helps.

:thumb:

Before you get to awfully sidetracked in the myriad cartridge mods, make sure and revisit the basics. The mods are all means intended to improve flow of liquid to the atomizer but the standard OEM filler can work just as well.

What shortstuff has pointed out above highlights the "keep the atty wet" criteria. The other basic needs are:

Fresh charged battery
Clean battery/atomizer connections
Wet filler in the cartridge

Keep in mind that regardless the way you go, drip, dip or cartridge, there will always be a time span you need to allow for, for liquid to wick into/onto the heating coil between hits.

Slickstick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have found the best vapor is with the vg mix.. use more vg or 100% vg instead of pg if you want vapor.

The Lipton Pyramid Tea Bags AND the Blue Foam are BOTH awesome mods and put off great vapor.... LPTB is easier to fill because you don't have to take out the filling to fill it, but the blue foam lasts longer between fills. LPTB is also a smoother hit to me.. Try them both with VG and choose yourself. Usp grade Vg can be found at Ben Franklin hobby.. Wilton's Brand Glycerine.
Mix that with your juice to get more vapor.

Last edited by a moderator:

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
well today i picked up some marineland u size blue foam filter, and some tops RYO filters, so ill try both of those, and i didnt realize the air hole with the atty, i always screw the atty on snug lol so ill try that too, and i realized that if i just let the vapor sit in my mouth and exhale theres a decent amount, but if i inhale to my lungs and exhale there isnt much, which makes sense

This simple 5min Cart Mod greatly increases the amount of Vapor produced

I haven't stumbled upon this before but it may be mentioned somewhere else.

If you put a paperclip down the hole in the end of the cart you can remove the cart end. There is then another piece of cart with a hole about 1/4" in, this too can be removed with a paperclip.

By removing both pieces you greatly improve the airflow & the amount of vapor produced.

It's up to you but you can replace the outer mouthpiece if you wish it doesn't seem to effect the amount of vapor or pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread