Not too happy right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about 2 weeks ago I purchased a Vamo V5 and the first day I used it I was in love. It worked well and did the trick for me with my Aspire nautilus. Unfortunately I had to go back to my ego batteries as of yesterday because the (+) button started sticking down and now it raises my wattage at random times and automatically shuts off on occasion. I attempted to remove the top cap that is supposedly press fit into it so I could adjust the button but have had no luck. Rather than having to deal with this piece of crap I decided I'm just going to ask if there is a more durable and reliable electronic variable wattage mod out there? Let me know what you guys and gals suggest for me to try next?

Simple. Forget about wattage & get a Provari. Or wait for the Provari P3 if you must have wattage.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk.

So your suggestion is to get something I don't want, or get nothing at all until ProVari comes with VW? That helps a lot. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry if I sound snippy but like I said, I'm not too happy right now. Any suggestions that fit the specifications I listed that won't make me wait for months before I can vape decently again?

Last edited:
cant you return it ? have them fixie fixie.. provape does this

I am waiting on the response from the company but if they want to send me another Vamo I don't know if I would be happy with it knowing that I would need something else on standby anyway. If they refund my money I might just get two of something else in case something bad happens. So regardless I still want to get something more reliable for a backup.

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
Check out Innokin's offerings. They have some of the best AND affordable PV on the market, are readily available and you wont have to wait for a new model to have VW :) . Keep in mind you wont be able to get the new Provari model when it comes out except if you can find it at a vape shop near you. They will only be sold at Provape's resellers, ( until god knows when).

Good luck

Last edited:

rusirius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
DE
I gotta tell you... I hate sounding like a broken record, but any time I have someone ask me about a good VV/VW mod when they want something simple that doesn't support an extremely high wattage or sub-ohm coils, I ALWAYS fall back to the same recommendation... The iTaste MVP... My MVP was my very first VV/VW mod, and I still use it frequently... At 2300mAh even at 11 watts the battery life is great... I've used it once to charge my cell phone at the beach in a pinch... And it just always has been reliable and solid. It's a box mod and some are turned off by that, but I like it. It might take a little getting used to, but I really can't say enough about it given the price (about $40). It charges with a micro USB charger... So I've already got a ton of those in my car, house, work, etc... Last but not least, it supports pass-thru, meaning if it gets low or dies you can just plug a charge cord into it and still vape while it charges away...

Last edited:

Kalaniboi81

May 23, 2014
Tacoma,WA,USA
Simple answer would be yes. There a whole assembly line full of VV/VW devices out there. I agree with Dredge the ZMAX works pretty good. I have one and haven't had any issues. It's strickly VW and max's out at 15W. The one button control is nice, easy and it has some nice features. If you want more power then the next step up would be the Sigelei 20W which is also pretty good, and if that still isn't enough then you always have the Hana 30W ( authentic, clone ) either one is great. It's never fun when your gear acts up i hope this helps VAPE ON!

Contact the seller you bought the Vamo from, and see what, if anything they will do about it.
Apparently you don't like the Provaris, so that lets out my next suggestion. Maybe something like an MVP2? Lots of people like those I think.

Ha ha ha, it's not that I hate ProVari but I really do like the VW feature which ProVari doesn't offer. I just don't see paying $180 for something that doesn't even have all the features I want in it. Thank you for the suggestion of MVP though. I will check it out.

cope

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2013
washington state
too bad you mod failed there are many mods out there and you might have gotten a bad one ..well i have read many people have gotten bad one's.
too many features mean too much to go wrong the 180 + i paid for my Provari has ment no problems yes its not vw but i can always change my settings .
the new provari is a vw device and i am looking foreward to owning it..in the 2 years i have had my mini it has never failed not once.
i have a mvp 2 and it works when it gets used..a rare event
i got to test a new P3 beta the other day it is so nice and built provari tough

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
+1 for the MVP 2.0 or if you want to go a few steps up from that.. the Cana DNA 30.

I also had/have a vamo v5 and I hated the thing. I still have it and it still works but It's been collecting dust sense february. I shelved it for the MVP2 as my regulated devise. Now the mvp2 is also collecting dust sense I got the Cana.

Tangaroav

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
QC & FL
too bad you mod failed there are many mods out there and you might have gotten a bad one ..well i have read many people have gotten bad one's.
too many features mean too much to go wrong the 180 + i paid for my Provari has ment no problems yes its not vw but i can always change my settings .
the new provari is a vw device and i am looking foreward to owning it..in the 2 years i have had my mini it has never failed not once.
i have a mvp 2 and it works when it gets used..a rare event
i got to test a new P3 beta the other day it is so nice and built provari tough

At 300$ I hope it works and its nice .... Its 7 times the price of the popular MVP. Having said that, Provape has one of the best customer service department in the vaping world, ( the best being Reosmod imo), it also has one of the most reliable PV available. But is it worth 7 MVP's ? To some yes, and that's ok .

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
1) Vamo Head IS just press fit. Press fit may mean more of a challenge than you are prepared to deal with.
2) No way of knowing if you have kept it in good condition or knocked it over a dozen times. I've dumped mine a few times.
Yes, it sounds like your board is out of line.

When considering price Nothing comes close to Vamo's capabilities and when properly cared for they do last. there are sever threads on correction minor issued that may develop from improper care/use.

Moving on, Sigelei z-max is next in line.

My, now 22 month old Vamo v1 still works great.

Ryan419

Aug 13, 2014
Tulalip WA
I started on a ego twist button started to stick shortly before the battery stopped holding a charge. (Lasted 5 months)
I decided I don't trust anything with buttons to much risk of them sticking don't really want to spend over $40 on something I have to replace after 5-6 months.
So I went to a sub ohm mec mod since I can clean the button with out frying the device
But I have heard good things about the MVP in the shop I like to go to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread