• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Not Vape Friendly in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapHerClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2012
Anthem, Arizona
I saw another person post a place that is not vape friendly and I think that we should keep a list. Post any experiences you've had and I'll do my best to keep this post updated with places that I for one will not be giving my business to.

So far we have:

Pappadeaux
Jaguar's Gold Club
University of Phoenix Stadium

I hope not to hear of anymore business that are not vape friendly
vape on VIP :vapor:

Last edited:

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
University of Phoenix stadium puts Vapers in the same category as smokers. I have to go outside in the 'smoking section' to vape. It was explained to me that they made the decision based on the fact that my vapor exhale resembles smoke and it's easier to make us vape outside than to explain to complainers that it's water vapor not smoke. If I didn't work at the stadium I'd bocott the stadium and watch the games at a vape friendly bar....

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
I use the foursquare app on my phone and have 2 lists, 'electronic cigarette friendly' and 'electronic cigarette unfriendly' that I use to list places. As I tend to work a lot I don't get out much and haven't listed any new places in awhile, but if anyone else uses foursquare they can look for my lists and or let me know and I'll add them.

Also, off the subject but, VapHerClouds, I should be up in your area in december as the security company I work for will be doing the Christmas tree ceremony(?) at the anthem mall. My boss just went to the meeting for it today and philip philips (i've never heard of him) will be the musical headliner this year.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Think he won American Idol last season.....

american_idol.gif

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
It was brought up at the VIP meet this month that Chili's has an anti-vaping corporate policy that they apparently enforce... so I'd say they get a spot on the list of shame as well.

In light of nobutts1's question regarding quit banners, I make 'em for a number of vendors and forums, would anyone be interested in a Vaping In Phoenix quit banner?

surreal

Sep 14, 2012
Glendale, AZ
Another to add to the friendlies list, Lobo Nail & Spa in Glendale. Granted, I don't spend a statistically significant amount of time getting pedicures, but it's nice to have the option. The owner vapes, but hadn't heard of the Zikwid lounge that's pretty darn close by.

If you are going to make a list and look for unfriendly vape places, I think it of equal value to have a side by side list and look for vape friendly locations. I prefer to look for, find & return to places that are friendly.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Ok, now for the long(er) version of vaping inside Barrows Neurological Institute @ Phoenix St Josephs. I've been taking my mom there 2-3x a month since she had back surgery 2 months ago and always walked outside to vape. Today I decided to ask the nurse/receptionist (they also validate parking stubs for the valet at this desk) if I can vape inside and she said yes. I was blown away. I then spent the next 20 min. taking the clearomizer off my ego and showing/explaining to her, another nurse and another patient about vaping, how it works and the fact that I've been analog free for over 3 months because of the electronic cigarettes. I didn't have any cards on me, (kick myself) so the best I could do was give out desertvapes web address and zikwids store address (next time you go Dave, bring business cards as the nurse/receptionist wants her husband to try ecigs to get off analogs).

It was an amazing 'WOW' experience for me.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Its pretty weird there. St. Joseph's gets Federal Funds for their heart unit and they made it a non-smoking campus to comply with the Fed's orders. I had someone in St Joseph's for three months while still smoking. Sooo... long story short, if my foot was on St. Joseph's campus I would get hit up by security but go less than one foot to the Barrows land and all was okay. I know its about vaping but its all about perception. I'm sure St. Joseph's security would have stopped me vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread