Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Hello Vaporyforum people. Looks like I rambled on this post, so I will make judicious use of emoticons to make it more entertaining. :thumbs:

I've been lurking around in the shadows for a couple weeks gathering information and weighing pros and cons and have managed to confuse myself into total madness.:oops:

I first saw e-cigs in the mall and thought, "That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen" and "Isn't smoking vapor like drinking non-alcoholic beer or decaffeinated coffee?" :confused:

I hadn't been a habitual smoker for about 10 years, I was one of those lucky ones that was able to quit easily and still be able to revisit a fine cigar, or the occasional flavored smoke....

:evil:...then the flavored tobacco ban came along. :evil:

In a fit of rage (read: Temper Tantrum) I went to the local smoke shop and bought all of the clove cigs I could afford... besides, I needed a good reason to go hang with the smokers at work, cuz let's face it, thats where all the good information (gossip) happens. And I gotta maintain relations with my posse.

...big mistake.

Not only did I have 3 cartons of evil at my disposal, I had the sudden desire to smoke them all. And smoke them I did. and smoke... and smoke... and smoke... until pretty soon I was smoking again... Now I can't even see the wagon I fell off of. :|

After all that smoking, I don't even enjoy that clove flavor I love, and my hookah just hasn't got the same punch to it. Every smoke I light up is to feed the monkey, and I no longer get any enjoyment out of it. I feel crappy, I am getting colds, stuffy nose and my allergies are making me miserable.

But I like to smoke. I just don't like all the crap that goes along with it... lack of taste, physical side effects.... death (allegedly and according to the state of California... But I live in Vegas, we don't care about your health, we just want your $$$$).

So on a random whim, I decided to google E-Cigs and wow... I found an ENTIRE subculture dedicated to "vaping". That was pretty exciting to me because the Vapers (Vaporers?) were so passionate about it, that it got me thinking, "There may really be something to this." :w00t:

I brought it up to one of my smoking partners at work, and almost as if guided by the hand of fate she informed me that one of our other smoking partners was talking to her about it as well..

So we decided to give it a try. After hours and hours of watching reviews, skewed opinions and being bombarded by "OUR ECIG IS THA UB4R BESTEST VAPOR THROAT HIT!!!!!11!!" I decided to just take a wildshot and blow a fat wad of cash on a kit.

So yesterday I went to PureSmoker and ordered a Protege kit with a 910 atomizer and a set of the PureSmoker Ace e-cigs (something I can take to work, and have a few collegues try). I got some Clove and Kamel flavors for the Ecigs and some Riskee Juice and a regular tobacco blend for the Protege.

So here I am...on your forums...eating your waffles and eagerly anticipating the arrival of my shipment.

Not sure there was much of a point to this overly long winded wall of text than to say hello, share my story and hopefully Ill be around and not another flash in the pan.:cool::D

--WS

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
welcome to the forum!!!the emoticons were appreciated!!!

firstly you did a wise thing imo picking puresmoker...they get great reviews!!!when you said you decided to throw a wad of cash at it i sighed and thought youd gone to smokeeverywhere r sum crap ripoff site...alas you are one of the lucky ones and ive no doubt you will enjoy your ecigs just as much if not more than the clove ones of old...

great to hear another convert in our midst...

anything i can help with in future im just a pm away(altho im awaiting a protege made by same company i havent got it yet...i use aa 510 and 901 at the mo...)

look forward to hearing from u in future

take care

cass

ps. theres a few people ive spoken to here from vegas already....very helpful bunch of ppl from that neck of the woods!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread