Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
bumper car.

am i imagining things? i could have sworn that there are instructions, video, text, whatever on how to do a NR nova build.

please tell me i havent gone crazy.
ok, maybe im crazy for wanting to use my old novas now that im enjoying my DuD and CHobra so much. but really, the absence of NR wire seems to be the only thing holding these puppies back from acheving their full potential.
im thinking a cotton or SS nova build incorporating NR wire woudl be pretty dang good.
thanks for any help.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
you are correct. novas do not require nr, cotton, or anything like that.
they would in theory perform better however. the way a nova atty head is originally constructed, youve got your resistance wire leads in direct contact with a rubber stopper. after use, the wire heats up that rubber stopper. melting occurs and aside from the taste and possible heath concerns, it actually affects performance. once the rubber stopper melts enough, youll get leaks.

its possible that all this work is not worth it and i should just stick with my other devices, but im the kinda guy that hates to put any of his "working" units into a premature grave. i hastily bought 4 novas when they first came out :facepalm: and now id like to see if i can tweak them to peform better now that ive got a better understanding on how to wrap coils.
i just dont know how to do an NR build. but im sure someone here will know.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
When I say "dont require" i mean my silicone plug does not burn to where i taste it or to where it shows even , it may get got, but burn not a problem, Ive used 34,33,32,all worked, I prefer 32 5/6 wraps, nr is a matter of twisting in a length as close to the coil as possable, or doubleing back PITA,

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
When I say "dont require" i mean my silicone plug does not burn to where i taste it or to where it shows even , it may get got, but burn not a problem, Ive used 34,33,32,all worked, I prefer 32 5/6 wraps, nr is a matter of twisting in a length as close to the coil as possable, or doubleing back PITA,

i see. my apologies for explaining something to you that you are already fully aware of.
ok, so for a NR build you twist the nr wire onto the r wire as close to the coil as possible.
what makes it such a PITA? maybe i shouldnt even waste my time, money and energy on this.
do you twist your legs? i tried doing that but snipping the extra wire always resulted in severing one of the helix's of each lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread