NRG SE Tank, coil life and cheaper coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Excellent coils. Length of time Will depend on how much you vape and what you vape. I get 2-3 weeks with a coil killer juice.

Best selection of coils by far and less expensive than most especially when bought on sale.

the NRG gt 2 .4 ohms was $5.99 for a 3 pack at Vaprzon. The ceramics .5 have been harder to find on sale. Expect to pay $11 or more. To me there’s no taste difference or length of use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good luck.

The best thing you can do for any coils is to not chainvape it (if not in temp mode) and to use unflavored.

I'm personally not sure it's worth it honesltly. I will say I get good coil life with most of my coils, but I have a rather larger rotation and I vape at puny wattages. I also DIY so probably less flavoring I think.

Anna

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
In addition to the GT CCell 0.5ohm ceramic coil, there's also a more popular & widely available 0.3ohm of the same, some of which lasted me for months when using clear e-juices. After vaping two 60ml bottles of e-juice, would wash the tank & rinse the coil to get the e-juice off & then get some water boiling, drop into the pan for 3 minutes at full boil. This brings the coil back to 95% of life, as long as done before it gets gunky.:)

Then I cut the burner off, allow to cool naturally, blow each into a paper towel & place over the AC/heat vent to dry, usually 12 hours on A/C, 3-4 on heat. Optionally can sun dry versus A/C in the summer. I have so many tanks in usage that it's no big deal to wait.

These ceramic coils are amazing, lasts much longer than the other GT coils which ships in a 4, 6 & 8 coil configuration, these are kanthal wire with cotton, can be cleaned a max of twice & time to toss. Price was the same, except the 8 coil, about $2 higher. Too bad am stuck with these, as the ceramic coils wasn't being pushed like the kanthal based ones. I first discovered these on the FastTech site, just got three boxes in of the 0.3hom, try to stock up every 2-3 months. Probably have enough to last a year in 4 tanks.:D

BTW, these coils can also be used in the Vaporesso Cascade with the GT adapter included with tank. Those large coils which ships with the tank requires high wattage to do anything & are best for serious cloud chasers, not great for flavor, which I prefer.

As far as I know, there's no aftermarket or clones of these coils & if so, I wouldn't purchase or suggest to someone else. Given the low price & long lifespan if cared for, there's no need to save $1 on a 3 pack. Best price is on FastTech with free ship, if living in the US, Direct Vapor also provides free ship & it's not the slow type, in stock items arrives within 4-5 business days after order. Just don't fall for their subscription offered, the next packs will cost a bit more & shipping is not free.

Enjoy the GT CCell Ceramic coils, as I have been for well over a year!:)

Cat

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Excellent coils. Length of time Will depend on how much you vape and what you vape. I get 2-3 weeks with a coil killer juice.

Best selection of coils by far and less expensive than most especially when bought on sale.

the NRG gt 2 .4 ohms was $5.99 for a 3 pack at Vaprzon. The ceramics .5 have been harder to find on sale. Expect to pay $11 or more. To me there’s no taste difference or length of use.
    Thanks - I've been search for a cheap price on GT CORES for weeks.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I love those coils they are so easy to clean. Have three of them - only opened two so far after months of use.

Simple clean - I soak them in water then hold them where the water pressure can run through it. Then take a q-tip run it all around few times then run under the water once more, blow it out and let it dry. Been working for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread