Nut allergy...can't vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
im mildly allergic to nuts...i mean i wont go into anaphylactic shock,but i definately get some symptoms...the throat constricts slightly,itching in the inner ear etc...not nice...but let me stress-im only slightly allergic...an antihistamine can usually clear mine up...

i can use most liquids that ive tried without feeling any appreciable effect...but i would avoid 555 liquid for instance...that one really is nutty,and i could feel an effect...

JC also advise people with nut allergies to avoid using their liquid...i used it and it had no problems with the flavours i tried...but if i were more at risk,id heed the warnings...

Smokester in the UK also offers warnings on some liquids to avoid if youre allergic to nuts...

i guess theres something nutty somewhere along the line...at least with some eliquids...

if i was really very allergic,and there was a chance of anaphylaxis,i wouldnt feel comfortable esmoking at all...given that we know practically nothing about the ingredients used in all eliquids,or the conditions under which eliquid is produced....

like a lot of stuff produced in China,its not something anyone seems to know much about...be very careful if youre at serious risk...

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Just a thought.

Say you are sitting on a plane vaping away with say Almond or Hazlenut and the person sitting next to you has an nut allergy , would it effect them ?.

Reason I ask
I know a plane was diverted due to someone having an attack and needing immediate treatment.

The crew knew they were allergic and did not give out nuts on the flight, also asked all passengers not to eat anything they were carrying with nuts in the ingredients.

They thought it happened due to peanut dust getting in to the Ac on a previous flight.

Would be a bit worring if excess vapour from an e-cig could trigger a reaction.

Any ideas ??.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread