NYC Flavor Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRabbit

Oct 18, 2014
NE Ohio
First guns, now flavored nicotine liquid, whats next Hostess Cupcakes? N.Y. City is a freakin mess. Its political groups are nut jobs. Just watch this spread elsewhere since they are trying to be a shining example. Im not some crazy rights activist i understand there are certain laws to protect others and they weren't made just to infringe on my rights but seriously? This is a fantastic alternative to smoking cigs and this is what they do? Hooray for FREE AMERICA!

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I live in Brooklyn, NY. They have to be kidding me with this BS. Stopped smoking analogs about a year ago. Upgraded to mods and rebuild able. Just went for a full physical. Doctor said I had 110% lung function and the breathing of a professional athlete.

This really drives me mad. They should be banning regular cigarettes. Not electric ones.

HeyYouComOvrHere

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Maryland
This is ridiculous. Do they REALLY expect kids polled to answer their survey questions HONESTLY?!?!?!? "Son...have you ever smoked the flavored cigars or little cigarettes?" Ummm...yes sir, sorta. "Ok, that's a YES". How about you dig a little deeper to get the TRUE answer....more like....

"Ummm, well, sorta...I remove the insides, fill it with OTHER stuff and smoke away...makes the {OTHER STUFF}...err, other stuff I'm smoking taste a lot better...we call it a BLUNT".

I believe 100% that a little govt oversight is a good thing but this is getting ridiculous. Since I don't have the time, I sure as heII hope the e-cig industry has real lobbyists fighting this mess on our behalf....guess I better start stockpiling e-liquid supplies as if there were an ebola outbreak....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is ridiculous. Do they REALLY expect kids polled to answer their survey questions HONESTLY?!?!?!? "Son...have you ever smoked the flavored cigars or little cigarettes?" Ummm...yes sir, sorta. "Ok, that's a YES". How about you dig a little deeper to get the TRUE answer....more like....

"Ummm, well, sorta...I remove the insides, fill it with OTHER stuff and smoke away...makes the {OTHER STUFF}...err, other stuff I'm smoking taste a lot better...we call it a BLUNT".

I believe 100% that a little govt oversight is a good thing but this is getting ridiculous. Since I don't have the time, I sure as heII hope the e-cig industry has real lobbyists fighting this mess on our behalf....guess I better start stockpiling e-liquid supplies as if there were an ebola outbreak....

Join CASAA, donate if you can. Most of the Calls to Action take only a few minutes to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
It might never make it out of committee. The fact that an assemblyman proposed this doesn't mean that any members of the health committee agree with it. They can keep it off the agenda indefinitely. Or they can discuss it and send it back with questions.

We need to write when these things come up to let them know that there are people who do care about the issue and who disagree with the bill. But the bottom line is that most of them also disagree with the bill or are at least indifferent to it. If that were not the case, vaping would already be illegal.

The longer we can postpone any legislation, the greater the likelihood that the legislators will have a friend or family member who quit smoking thanks to e-cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread