Oberlin, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
My girlfriend goes to school at Oberlin College, and I went out to visit her during spring break. I got there earlier than I thought (4pm) so we decided to walk to the local bar to get food, and drink. I had my istick 50w, and my nautilus Mini with me, and I was vaping while we walked there (10 mins) A couple people we passed told me "no smoking"... I politely explained, its not smoke... The second person damn near screamed it to me, and literally ran away.

Upon further investigating; I have come to find out that Oberlin, OH has a smoking ban. Inside, outside, analog, or electronic. If you are caught vaping/smoking outside on public property, you will get slapped with a misdemeanor, and a $100 fine. There are NO signs to enforce this on the streets, and being from another state... I tested this rule. Except for the sheep that kept telling me to "stop smoking" not one person of authority confronted me about it.

Oberlin College is complying with this rule also. The have enforced the "smoking" ban on campus despite the general disapprovement from the students (even the non-smokers).

This is not a war on health, this is not a war on drugs, this is not for public safety. This is an attack on personal freedom. Keep that in mind at all times.

I was just wondering if there were any other locations that have a stupid law like this? What does it really fix?

Reactions: Rossum

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
your right. control and money.
if they can control our behavior to the extent they are doing
with something that is so much safer than smoking as to
have the potential of harm of drinking tap water,that leaves
everything open for future subjugation. no product however
safe would be exempt. for something to be 100% safe it
has to have 0% of anything known to be harmful in it.
there isn't a product on earth that meets that criteria.
:2c:
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread