Obligatory new member post

Status
Not open for further replies.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
I've been sitting on the sidelines, reading this forum for several days. I have to say it's a pretty amazing community. You're all very supportive, and extremely knowledgeable about the products available. Right now I have a Buck Naked E-go type product, along with various things from Blu (starter kit, disposable, and Premium100 coming soon). They all have their place.

Eventually, I want to upgrade the Buck Naked to a ProVari. From everything I have read, it's the Cadillac of vapor products. I still think the e-cig type products have their place. I don't want to bust something out as big as an oversized cigar when out at a retaurant, so Blu will fill in nicely on the road.

I am very happy with my second set of liquids, this time from Halo. I'm not a pro so I cleaned my tank as best I could, but lacked the various chemicals and supplies to clean it adequately. As a result, it took half a 1.6ml tank before I was getting pure Halo juice, but now that I have, it is wonderful.

When my birthday rolls around, I want a real rig. So (as mentioned before) I'm going to have my wife snag me a ProVari. I don't want any surprises, though. Can anyone who has bought one let me know if that's ALL I need (assuming I've got lots of wonderful Halo juice left)? If not, please let me know what I need beyond that to make a full, ready-to-go kit.

Thanks for all you do, I can't stop reading these forums. Keep up the excellent work.

Wes

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Welcome Wes!!

You'll need batteries and a charger if your wife isn't already getting your the kit on the Provape website. What kind of delivery system are you currently using with your eGo? You might be able to use that if it has a 510 connection on it, else, you can pick up an 510 to eGo adapter. The kit comes with a Protank 2 so you might want to pick up some extra heads for it.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Welcome Wes!!

You'll need batteries and a charger if your wife isn't already getting your the kit on the Provape website. What kind of delivery system are you currently using with your eGo? You might be able to use that if it has a 510 connection on it, else, you can pick up an 510 to eGo adapter. The kit comes with a Protank 2 so you might want to pick up some extra heads for it.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I was considering just having her get the starter kit. ProVari Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit V2.5

To answer your question about what I use, I'll simply link to exactly what I have. Just add Halo juice to this: http://www.bucknakedecigs.com/express/.

I assume the ProTank 2 would eventually replace the tank that comes with this starter kit, right? Or do I need to buy the Pro Tank 2 or something similar before I can even get started? I apologize for all of the really dumb questions. I know how I must sound. :)

Wes

Last edited:

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Actually the ProTank 2 is listed on that link you posted as being part of the kit. As Susan stated ProVari has the 510 threading, to use ego cone threaded devices you would need an adapter. You probably already know this, but 510 threads are the smaller threads, Ego cone threaded devices use the larger outside threads, you probably have those on your Ego style device. Ego style threading was originally used for cones to help make Egos look more seamless with with delivery systems like cartos.

Oh, and welcome to ECF, lots of good people here like you have already discovered.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Provari is very pricey. But they are workhorses. You can buy 3 or 4 of those Chinese mods for the same price as one Provari but the Provari will still outlast the 4 Chinese mods and not give you grief in the meanwhile. I would recommend a Provari to anyone who thinks they will stick with vaping.

Requiem33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Inwood, WV
As has been stated go with the Provape starter kit. You'll get everything you need minus juice. Then pick up a few more heads for the pro tank and go to town. I would suggest buying a few more batteries and I like the time I get from the 18650 bats so you may want to have the extension cap added to your order if you want to use the longer batteries.

I have plans of getting a Provari as a "I quit" gift once I've put the analogs down for good. Still vaping and smoking but the smoking is decreasing every day and from being a 2+ PAD smoker down to a PAD or less that's not too bad.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh, and since money does not seem to be a major hurdle for you, consider getting the Kayfun Lite for your juice feeder. It is a Cadillac device and takes back seat to nothing. But you will have to learn how to rebuild. It's not hard, but you have to make the effort. Plenty of people on ECF can help you.

Just trying to help you skip steps on your way to the best vaping experience possible (since you seem to be willing).

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Provari is very pricey. But they are workhorses. You can buy 3 or 4 of those Chinese mods for the same price as one Provari but the Provari will still outlast the 4 Chinese mods and not give you grief in the meanwhile. I would recommend a Provari to anyone who thinks they will stick with vaping.

Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation. I suspected, based on how it's built, that it would outlast nearly anything. Do you get great vapor production from them? I want big fat cumulus clouds. :)

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
As has been stated go with the Provape starter kit. You'll get everything you need minus juice. Then pick up a few more heads for the pro tank and go to town. I would suggest buying a few more batteries and I like the time I get from the 18650 bats so you may want to have the extension cap added to your order if you want to use the longer batteries.

I have plans of getting a Provari as a "I quit" gift once I've put the analogs down for good. Still vaping and smoking but the smoking is decreasing every day and from being a 2+ PAD smoker down to a PAD or less that's not too bad.

Congrats on your progress! It sounds like you're going to get there, no problem.

Would you buy the extra heads at the same time as the initial order, or wait a bit until I'm more comfortable with the unit?

Wes

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Oh, and since money does not seem to be a major hurdle for you, consider getting the Kayfun Lite for your juice feeder. It is a Cadillac device and takes back seat to nothing. But you will have to learn how to rebuild. It's not hard, but you have to make the effort. Plenty of people on ECF can help you.

Just trying to help you skip steps on your way to the best vaping experience possible (since you seem to be willing).

I appreciate helping me skip some steps. I wouldn't say money is no object. It always is, but it's relative. A few hundred total bucks one time cost won't break the bank. Plus, it's a birthday present. That means it's free, right?

melodiousThunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
san francisco
Another obligatory new post.

Happy New Year's, y'all!

Since I joined, when I still smoked, I've been off my csticks for 9 months. Smoked half of a Drum rollie, but otherwise all time vaping and loving it.

In case any new users are looking for another story of someone who was mentally Done with cigs after 25 years of fairly satisfied smoking, well, here it is! Quitting combustion took me a few tries with a few typical set-ups… smoke shop disposable, intellicig (I liked 'em for minis), 65mm Volts from Smokeless Image, 808/510 threaded Smokeless Image Volt X2, then eGo-C twists and a variety of carts and tanks.

I have a couple of passthroughs, one of which is still my trusty KR-808 (3.3-3.7 V, measured it) Smokeless Image X2. It's automatic and the Kanger eVods fit it without an adapter (my Kanger Mini Protanks fit it too, but the eVod IMO vapes better off the X2 & it's the cheapest, just in case something goes awry). It may just be a lucky draw (pun intended) that my particular X2 works, but it does work and I'm happy with it. I only use it about 15% of the time, but when I realized that I missed hands-free vaping, I started experimenting with the stuff I have at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread