Status
Not open for further replies.

werkkrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Philadelphia
www.werkkrew.com
This might run long, but I wanted to share my experiences.

I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago using the patch. At that point I hadn't even considered an electronic cigarette as all I knew about them was what I saw in local convenience stores - you know, the e-cig that tries to look like and taste like an actual cigarette? I thought they seemed silly and just dismissed it as a viable alternative.

I am an avid redditor and I was browsing /r/AskReddit one day and by chance there was a topic called "How did you quit smoking?", the top comment was "I used an electronic cigarette, in fact theres a whole subreddit for that at /r/electronic_cigarette", so I checked it out and was blown away by what I saw.

That day I drove an hour to the nearest retailer that sold what seemed to be a fairly well regarded e-cig, the eGo-T. I got a kit with the 1100mAh batteries and never looked back.

A week later I have a Silver Bullet mod on my desk, a tackle box full of various atomizers, cartomizers, etc, etc. Fortunately I have a little bit of disposable income so I was able to make a decent investment into this whole thing quite easily.

So I've been vaping for about 2 weeks now and I'm just playing with different brands, low resistances, different methods (dripping, carts, tanks, etc) and just all around having tons of fun with it. Playing with all sorts of different combinations to really settle into what I like the most, what PG/VG ratio is my style, what types of *mizers I enjoy the most, etc.

My wife quit smoking too and she is loving the whole vaping experience!

I tried to get my dad on board but he thinks its just silly...probably going to make a different post about that.

Anyhow, really excited to be a part of the community! I see myself spending a lot of time here!

jadajazz

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Chicago area
Welcome, and thanks for the information about the reddit subreddit for e-cigs. This is an exciting new world you've entered. I'm new to it myself, and have already progressed from an eGo, which I still love and use, to a Reo Mini bottom feeder. This vaping experience can turn into a full-fledged hobby pretty quickly--looks like you're fully en route!

N rustica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hi, I'm only a week into this and liked the title of this thread. I felt better and got my scent back the very first day vaping. I've NEVER been able to not smoke first thing in the morning UNTIL NOW. I'm happy to be free, when i think about it, i get tears of joy. I am using a riva 510 with a 1.5ohm xxxl clear and 24mg mapacho.

werkkrew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2012
Philadelphia
www.werkkrew.com
Welcome to the forum ,I was like your dad,I didn't want to spend money on it but nothing else seemed to stick.He will probably come around.Good Luck

It's not a money thing, he just thinks its silly. He also seems to think that exchanging one oral fixation with another just to still be addicted to nicotine is pointless...

RaRvn

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Charleston, SC / USA
Congrats on the quit! I'm new here too, but just had to chime in that vape is the first thing that has gotten me off cigarettes in 35 years. And I tried it all, trust me. I made the switch to vape with no problem whatsoever. I haven't touched an analog since my first vape. I am in disbelief about how dead easy it's been.

I haven't seen any formal studies on the topic, but having tried them ALL myself (more than once), this is hands down the best quit smoking aid on the planet.

GoldyCash

Mar 1, 2012
Michigan
Congratulations on quitting! I was excited to show my pv to a very misinformed and skeptical coworker and she just balked and said that i have not quit smoking and im no better than a smoker. That's not the point. Yes im still a nicotine addict but theres so many other benefits. Im not gonna make any health claims but my lungs are in much better shape, i feel better, i have more energy and i dont hack up tar. You can't lower your nic dosage with a regular cigarette. This is the best form of nicotine replacement therapy there is if you choose to go that route. And this is way better, because me, my clothes and my car don't smell like a dirty ashtray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread