OBS Cube X mod single 18650: is it any good for MTL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Hello guys, I was looking for a compact mod and found the OBS cube which looked alright but had built in battery, and found the single 18650 version, is it any good with MTL, has anyone tried it? (I will be getting the Galaxies mtl rda)

Why shouldn't be?MTL doesn't require much power.

Ken Kaneki

Mar 28, 2019
Why shouldn't be?MTL doesn't require much power.
I know, the range is below 25 watts, but I found online some people saying mixed stuff about it and that it doesn't perform well on lower wattage which sounded a bit weird to me, so I posted to see if somebody had used it before and get some opinions on it, this forum has a bunch of experienced vapers.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I have no idea why someone would say it (or any mod) doesn't perform well at low wattage... maybe they are talking about TC or something. Myself, I would love to get that mod. It looks like it would be very comfortable to hold and I would get the one with removable battery for sure (I have a single 18650 mod and even though it only goes to 60 watts, I really like that it last all day (or even two) with my MTL tanks. You really need an external charger though... don't bother with USB charging (trust me on this) If you get two batteries (I know, more $$) you will always have an extra charged battery! I'm low budget and was going to just get a mod with internal battery, but so glad I didn't.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Personally @Ken Kaneki, I think with RDA's it's better to use a squonk mod. As with Dripping it can get very messy, very quickly.

A single 18650 cell is fine for MTL use, a larger cell size such as 21700 would just make for extra run time between charging.

Geekvape's Aegis Squonker looks interesting, and with a single 18650 battery it's perfect for MTL.
Geekvape Aegis 100w Squonk Mod

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Hello guys, I was looking for a compact mod and found the OBS cube which looked alright but had built in battery, and found the single 18650 version, is it any good with MTL, has anyone tried it? (I will be getting the Galaxies mtl rda)
I don't have one but I was definitely looking into them and I'm primarily mouth to lung. While the mod doesn't actually perform as far as mouth to lung or direct to lung goes, that is all up to your tank. MTL users tend to vape at pretty low wattage so it uses less battery and with a single battery that's what you want usually. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used though I don't hear very good things about the tank that goes with the kit if on the mod because the coils for that tank just aren't great with a single battery mod as far as power consumption goes but like you said you're getting an RTA so you should be fine. If you like it get it there's no reason I know of why you can't use it for MTL :)
I realize my mistake and that the Op was referring to an RDA but I'm not going to edit because I feel like some of this information that I've gotten has been very valuable and another noob like myself could come across it and get a better understanding and that wouldn't work out as well if I edit it and then the replies don't match up with my statement :)

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@AvaOrchid, @Ken Kaneki will be using an RDA in their setup. That's the reason I mentioned the new Geekvape Aegis Squonker or any Squonker for that matter, as it makes RDA's much easier to use IRL.

But you are right, low wattage higher ohm coil builds use less power in some respects and you can easily use an 18650 cell. A bigger cell such as a 21700 would give you more runtime due to there being more reactants.

And yes, the mod used has nothing to do with the atomiser and coil. You can easily put any MTL atomiser on a Lost Vape Triade, as long as you have it set right for the coil and you. You wouldn't want to hit it with 300 Watts.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
@AvaOrchid, @Ken Kaneki will be using an RDA in their setup. That's the reason I mentioned the new Geekvape Aegis Squonker or any Squonker for that matter, as it makes RDA's much easier to use IRL.

But you are right, low wattage higher ohm coil builds use less power in some respects and you can easily use an 18650 cell. A bigger cell such as a 21700 would give you more runtime due to there being more reactants.

And yes, the mod used has nothing to do with the atomiser and coil. You can easily put any MTL atomiser on a Lost Vape Triade, as long as you have it set right for the coil and you. You wouldn't want to hit it with 300 Watts.
Oh darn I just saw that it was a RDA not a RTA lol. Yeah with that in mind I would not want to use that as my only tank it's one thing if I'm just testing flavors out or something but it's a little Annoying having to constantly drip I bet. Breazy has the nunchaku with the RDA rather than the sub tank for like $30 with shipping I don't have it yet so I don't know if op would consider that compact and I don't remember how big it is but it's a cool regulated tube mod

• Informative
Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @AvaOrchid, even you may get interested in Squonking at some point in the future.

As you never get airlocks forming with an RDA, I've had it happen too many times with RTA's that I like.

I'm looking at you my Geekvape Ammit 25's, when they play nice they can give a very flavourful vape with TC at around 0.6 ohms. But it's not that often and for not very long.

Ken Kaneki

Mar 28, 2019
Oh darn I just saw that it was a RDA not a RTA lol. Yeah with that in mind I would not want to use that as my only tank it's one thing if I'm just testing flavors out or something but it's a little Annoying having to constantly drip I bet. Breazy has the nunchaku with the RDA rather than the sub tank for like $30 with shipping I don't have it yet so I don't know if op would consider that compact and I don't remember how big it is but it's a cool regulated tube mod

In my experience, dripping in a MTL RDA is fine, since you're not going to bee dripping as often as DL RDAs because MTL generally uses much less eliquid than DL. A friend of mine has a MTL RDA and I've tried it before, you really don't drip often, you drip every 10 puffs or so which is fine to me.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I suppose one might think that I REALLY love this mod (and one would be right!)!

The OBS CUBE X is delightful and I imagine that an MTL vaper or otherwise would appreciate the ease, the use, the ergonomics, and the stylish simplicity of this device.

I'm thrilled to own a 'few' and I always have them in play!

<wub>

0909191537a.jpg

1001191126.jpg

1009191731.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
In my experience, dripping in a MTL RDA is fine, since you're not going to bee dripping as often as DL RDAs because MTL generally uses much less eliquid than DL. A friend of mine has a MTL RDA and I've tried it before, you really don't drip often, you drip every 10 puffs or so which is fine to me.
You know I was just wondering about that cuz we do tend to use a lot less liquid I've got a couple RBA is headed my way eventually this is good information for me to know thank you

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
No worries @AvaOrchid, even you may get interested in Squonking at some point in the future.

As you never get airlocks forming with an RDA, I've had it happen too many times with RTA's that I like.

I'm looking at you my Geekvape Ammit 25's, when they play nice they can give a very flavourful vape with TC at around 0.6 ohms. But it's not that often and for not very long.
I actually got an RDA specifically with a squonk pin so that I could eventually explore the world of squonking now I just need Christmas to come so that I can move on that and the gov to not get in my way before I managed to get one. I've seen a few of the unregulated squonk boxes that had some safety features so they wouldn't fire if there was something wrong for super cheap that I could probably get soon but I wouldn't be able to use yet cuz I'm just not that sure of myself with my building yet but I'd rather have it and not use it yet then not be able to get it so hopefully I'll be able to get one soon. The fully regulated squonk boxes tend to be a little bit out of my price range right now considering I'm trying to stock up. I only have one RTA so considering it's the one I'm using all the time I am not getting as much practicing as I would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread