OCD nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Kelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
does anyone else find it impossible to stay organized? specifically RDA users? yesterday i had a day off from work and i spent a good hour and a half organizing all my vape gear. i got all my batteries freshly charged and put in cases, all my juices capped and put in my juice box for further steeping, all my kanthal and wick packaged up and put away in a drawer with all my building tools, and put all my devices/drip tips in the wooden stand i got from my local B&M. now 24 hours later i look over at my table, there is like 3 batteries out of there cases waiting to be recharged, 5 or 6 bottles of juice, some with caps some without, drip tips scattered around, and various other things out of sorts. when i drip i like to change up flavors like every 20 minutes so I'm constantly just grabbing another bottle out of my box and leaving it out for when i want to use it again in half an hour. no particular point to this post but am i the only one who constantly has vape gear just scattered around my room/desk/table? i even have a few devices sitting on my bathroom counter because they were drying and i haven't put them away yet. I'm usually an extremely organized person but it doesn't seem worth the hassle of organizing my stuff every half an hour lol. just rambling cuz I'm bored. enjoy your afternoons!

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
Gosh yes, I have vape stuff all over my desk (this is really where it's supposed to be) and on the kitchen counter, my end tables, pick any solid surface in my house and chances are there is some vape stuff on it. Even the non solid surfaces aren't exempt as I tend to lose my mods in the couch cushions or wrapped in a blanket.

That may be the only positive thing I can say cigarettes have going for them....at least they were always in the ashtray when I was smoking!

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
After a few months vaping I decided that I needed a designated vape work station. So I bought a 6'x3' desk for all the stuff that was accumulating around my house. It's great to have a special place for all my stuff. But sometimes even 18 sq. ft. of desktop gets cluttered. On my deck I have a small bar refrigerator, ultrasonic cleaner, desk lamp w/ magnifier, lab glass ware, a small clamp on vise, battery charger and numerous bottles of flavorings. Also, I have the 5 drawers in the desk full of absolutely necessary items that I had to have, but am not using. :blush:

Notice, I didn't mention any mods. That's because they're always in my hands.

Last edited:

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
Your still at the easy phase, it gets really complicated once you start mixing your own e-liquid.
Besides everything you mentioned, i have:
Base pg/nic, base vg/nic, pg, vg, sweetener, around 30 flavor bottles not including a few flavors i decided i don't like and put aside, in some cases I've got the same flavor but of different manufacturers.
It's still quite simple until you start mixing stuff up, you have higher and lower concentrations of the same flavors, steeped and unsteeped, with sweetener and without, and combinations of many of the flavors.

Last edited:

abby1

Jun 5, 2014
United States
Just put everything away before you go to bed every night and let everything go during the day. That way you'll have a fresh, tidy start every morning. Works for me, anyway.

This is what I do, also. But I find I still need a better storage method...because... 0007.jpg

Last edited:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
Holy crap yes! I've managed to confine myself to the end table and a desk but it still gets rough looking. One thing I think will help if I can every be consistent with it is a small box. In theory its like a portable station can hold various whatever, I use something, place it back in the box and at night move the box back to the desk. I keep having problems having to much in the box I can't easily get what I'm after, or too little so it all scrambles up.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Try dealing with failing memory, 10x the collection many have, things scattered in drawers/rolling file cabinet/Medicine cabinet/Closet/Vape station and tracking all the DIY supplies.
Add in 10 people in the home for the summer :blink: and wonder why the mind is going:glare: Toss in a few 12hr shifts to the mix.

I find myself looking in drawers/closets/containers every few days just to remember what I have and where it might be. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread