Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Hello,

So now the lucky owner of an awesome Ody dripper thanks to a great member here.

Wondering on some suggested coil builds, using a single coil. Was wondering if there are ways to have extra wick kinda like a wrap so that juice will not drip down the sides of the built coil and to the positive post.

I thought when doing a search I had found a thread with someone mentioning leaving "tails", can't find it again. Gonna do a rebuild and play around this weekend.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Congratulations for your purchase Long:)
A doubled wick on the top only will hold more drops. Also I want to tell you to try something else. Keep 2 wicks together with your hands and put wire around them. The wick is 2mm fat. Now put the tails of the one wick to the channels as usual and the tails of the other wick inside the ceramic. That way you will have 4 tails holding juice

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Sounds good, thanks imeo. I only have 3.5 mm silica from COV so maybe pulling off a few strands and then putting two together, or instead of cutting 3 strands from each channel maybe I could use those as the ones inside the ceramic?

Congratulations for your purchase Long:)
A doubled wick on the top only will hold more drops. Also I want to tell you to try something else. Keep 2 wicks together with your hands and put wire around them. The wick is 2mm fat. Now put the tails of the one wick to the channels as usual and the tails of the other wick inside the ceramic. That way you will have 4 tails holding juice

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks Imeo, tips worked absolutely wonderfully :)

So I used a 3.5 mm wick. Built my coil (6 wraps of 30 gauge kanthal). Then before installing in the housing i used a needle tip syringe to gently pull out one strand at a time (total of 3 each side) these are the ones I usually cut off anyway so the wick fits in the channels. I then trimmed these legs a little and then put them in the ceramic and the wires in the channels with the remaining wick on top.

Then put the mouthpiece on and put on 4 drops, checked ohms 1.6 Took a few puffs, added two more drops, checked and no leaking out the bottom. Took a few puffs, added 4 more drops, let sit, checked and no leaking.

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!! Exactly what I wanted. A SOLID, SHINY rebuildable dripper that can hold a minimum of 6 drips with no leaking (I am sure it can hold more but don't really need to test it), plus easy to do a quick clean for when I switch flavors. Plus only took a few extra minutes to have the legs in the ceramic to, so not something that takes a great deal of time longer.

Thank you.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
One last question, didn't want to start a new thread just for it.

I have several rebuildable parts, and they all work great. There is one thing I noticed about one of them though. I have tried a oring, penlope plastic piece, and no piece between the nut and the ceramic inside the housing. No matter what I try though I can't not seem to get it snug like all of my other rebuildable parts. It works, but will spin when I try to tighten the bottom nut on the post.

Any thoughts or suggestions? When I tighten I do same with all the others by pulling and turning, even using a tool to get a good grip. It just doesn't seem like the nut in the housing wants to grab.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I use 2 o-rings in both my Ody V2 and Penelope between the ceramic and the nut. My reasoning is because with none or 1 o-ring the actual posative post comes out the top of the nut and I can no longer hold it with my screwdriver. When I put 2 o-rings in the post stays below the cut for the screwdriver and I am able to tighten it down very well.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks fright. I may have to try that on this rebuildable, may a plastic and a oring will give it a little more grab and such, gonna try later this weekend.

I use 2 o-rings in both my Ody V2 and Penelope between the ceramic and the nut. My reasoning is because with none or 1 o-ring the actual posative post comes out the top of the nut and I can no longer hold it with my screwdriver. When I put 2 o-rings in the post stays below the cut for the screwdriver and I am able to tighten it down very well.

Also, so for whatever reason my coil from last night was fluctuating and then this morning saying open. I played around with it, making sure no coil touching, the positive and negative all ok, but I guess it just wasn't met to be. So with a new coil took the opportunity to polish the ody drip and man o man it is like a mirror.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Just great Long, cheers buddy!:)
Thanks Imeo, tips worked absolutely wonderfully :)

So I used a 3.5 mm wick. Built my coil (6 wraps of 30 gauge kanthal). Then before installing in the housing i used a needle tip syringe to gently pull out one strand at a time (total of 3 each side) these are the ones I usually cut off anyway so the wick fits in the channels. I then trimmed these legs a little and then put them in the ceramic and the wires in the channels with the remaining wick on top.

Then put the mouthpiece on and put on 4 drops, checked ohms 1.6 Took a few puffs, added two more drops, checked and no leaking out the bottom. Took a few puffs, added 4 more drops, let sit, checked and no leaking.

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!! Exactly what I wanted. A SOLID, SHINY rebuildable dripper that can hold a minimum of 6 drips with no leaking (I am sure it can hold more but don't really need to test it), plus easy to do a quick clean for when I switch flavors. Plus only took a few extra minutes to have the legs in the ceramic to, so not something that takes a great deal of time longer.

Thank you.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Yep worked great. Not sure why, out of 4 ody rebuildables that is the only one that needs 2 orings, all the rest work fine with just 1. Looking, the screw seems larger then the others, not completely but at a glance.

Thanks again.

V2 needs1 or 2 o-rings (2x2 size) between nut and ceramic as fright said Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread