Status
Not open for further replies.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Dual 1.25ohm coil @ 3.7v produces just as much vapor as 7.4v its a little cooler but makes for better flavor and a more pocket friendly GGTS/ODY combo IMO....

I gotta disagree Krinkle. Not even a .9ohm dual coil will put out 1/2 as much vapor as my 2.5ohm 7.4v setup, its just not possible. Not to dismiss the dual coil, I just haven't yet seen anything out there that'll compete with my high wattage coils. I bet the 1.5ohm dual coil at 7.4v (even 6) is BANGING though.

Last edited:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I gotta disagree Krinkle. Not even a .9ohm dual coil will put out 1/2 as much vapor as my 2.5ohm 7.4v setup, its just not possible.

Then we will agree to disagree... I run both set ups personally and even with fresh AW IMR pushing 8.4v with a 2.5ohm Ody coil... the biggest difference between HV & LV is what I call drag time... HV requires less drag or pull for large vapor clouds but comes with a much harder TH and diminished flavor... Where as the 0.9ohm Dual Coil is a cooler less harsh TH with better flavor but requires more drag time... I also tend to go with the 0.9ohm Dual Coil method as an alternative to stacking batteries... also note that since that post I have gone from the 1.25ohm dual coil down to the 0.9ohm for a bit more TH... Tastes do change and vaping is subject to individual tastes...

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Then we will agree to disagree... I run both set ups personally and even with fresh AW IMR pushing 8.4v with a 2.5ohm Ody coil... the biggest difference between HV & LV is what I call drag time... HV requires less drag or pull for large vapor clouds but comes with a much harder TH and diminished flavor... Where as the 0.9ohm Dual Coil is a cooler less harsh TH with better flavor but requires more drag time... I also tend to go with the 0.9ohm Dual Coil method as an alternative to stacking batteries... also note that since that post I have gone from the 1.25ohm dual coil down to the 0.9ohm for a bit more TH... Tastes do change and vaping is subject to individual tastes...

Fair enough! I usually take long slow drags at 7.4v for MONSTER clouds and enough throat hit to melt your fillings, but that's just me. I will contest that the flavor is definitely better with a .9 ohm dual coil than the 28w monster that I'm used to. I got my Katana for flavor, ody for th, and 3 other odys for everywhere else in between! I'm gna test a 2ohm dual coil for some 7.4v vaping, which i haven't heard anyone talk about. Ill post again here with my results.

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
I am confused .. I have the Kir Fanis winder in 27mm medium mode which I use on the short mode and it makes the mouthpiece a tad shorter which is good for me.. I tried the biggest winder he makes and it works great and i love it! ONLY thing is I get 2.2 ML of liquid in there.. someone said ody alone is 3ml so I am quite a bit confused here can someone help thanks!

Last edited:

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
Kir's windows are thicker than the Ody steel body, thus cutting down the juice capacity. Small price to pay for the great look of Kir's clear windows, IMO.

hey thanks Yeti cannot believe I did not think of that as it its thicker,I did notice that the first day but it slipped my mind as have not used the stainless one since I got my Kir Fanis winders.. Thanks my friend!

On Tapatalk via my Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread