Status
Not open for further replies.

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Got a Provari mini in yesterday and put it to the test today. I already loved the Ody and mostly used it on a VariTubeX. I was extremely happy with results no matter the coil or juice I used, with one exception. Boba's Bounty tasted different in the Ody than any other device. The tobacco flavor came straight to the front and the sweet flavor was gone! Didn't matter resistance of coil or voltage. The VTX does VV different than most devices, it boosts to 6v and uses pulse modulation 50%-100% to get the 3v-6v range it offers. For some reason the 6v even at half duty cycle was too much for BB in the Ody. The Provari seems to be outputting the actual voltage selected at full cycle. This works MUCH better for BB and I am a happy chappy again. I do like tobacco flavors but when it comes to BB I like it a certain way and was afraid I'd only be able to drip it instead of filling the Ody with it.

This got me wondering how the Kick handles VW and how the new GG variable stuff on the horizon will handle voltage or wattage. I've got several different VV setups but the VTX is the only one that boosts to full and pulses down. I hope to be able to get a GGTS ordered this week and plan on a Kick to go with it. Also the VIR when available. Any info on either will be appreciated.

Sorry for being so long winded, just glad to have my old reliable juice back. Running it 3 ohm at 5v. My other Ody is 2 ohm at 5v with Torque56. Thats where I run most of juices, just BB I always prefer cooler for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread