ody/pene

Status
Not open for further replies.

souroull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
Cyprus
so ive noticed that sometimes the ody leaks from the cap and its very annoying. the cap screws onto the body with no resistance, as if the o-ring is not there, and i occasionally get some leaking. this is the case with 3 oddys ive seen. today it left a small puddle in my car!

now the pene.... it sometimes shoots droplets of liquid in my mouth while vaping. i thought it was too much liquid but the liquid control is on a very reasonable position and the wick is not being overfed as im borderline to a burnt draw...

what gives?

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I get that with Ody occasionally too...the o-ring is too small/skinny. I will also sometimes get spits from Pen when my liquid is low. Try blowing it out on a napkin when this happens as it is probably slightly flooded.

Having said that though, if you are leaving your devices in your car to heat up, the expanded air inside the tanks will find a pressure release. This is the nature of tanks and until they are designed with a one way pressure valve, this will always be an issue. If you have to leave it in the heat somewhere, do it so that you can leave the top cap off so pressure cannot build up. You could also try storing them in a small lunch size ice chest while leaving them in the car.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
its definitely not fiberglass. its flying drops of juice, they feel and taste like it aswell :)

This used to happen to mine on new wicks. Roxxette is right the silica does shatter so while I agree you are probably getting just juice the silica does shatter a bit.

When you wrap your coil make sure you don't have any lose pieces of silica were you made cuts. Especially if you are using more then one piece at the top this is an issue. It's not a bad idea to blow it off with compressed air. When you cut it, it can leave small lose particles that will jump when you fire your coil.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
please put a bigger o-ring to the neck of the body sour. Put a 17x1,5 or 18x1,5 and your problem will be solved immediately:)
so ive noticed that sometimes the ody leaks from the cap and its very annoying. the cap screws onto the body with no resistance, as if the o-ring is not there, and i occasionally get some leaking. this is the case with 3 oddys ive seen. today it left a small puddle in my car!

now the pene.... it sometimes shoots droplets of liquid in my mouth while vaping. i thought it was too much liquid but the liquid control is on a very reasonable position and the wick is not being overfed as im borderline to a burnt draw...

what gives?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Cap is sealed because the neck of the body stops on the bottom of the cap sour. The o-ring is not really needed. I put this o-ring in case someone had a small leakage. As I see a few people have this leakage. So this o-ring is not put there to seal but only as a security o-ring, so I didnt pay a lot of attention to this. Maybe I had to put a little bigger o-ring there

You can order a set of o-rings from Greek or UK seller. They are cheap and you will have all the nessesary o-rings for your Ody:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread