Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
I'm hoping some of the more experienced rebuildable users can help me with this one. I just made a new coil & tested it @ 2.9ohm. I put it on my GGTS & it instantly blows the fuse. I check my wires & everything looks neat. I adjusted the coil, replaced the fuse springs & try again. Same thing. I put it on my provari & no problems/errors, in fact it hits like a champ. What am I doing wrong?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I have had adapters develop a short I would check that first put the adapter on and check the resistance. If you are using 510 to 510 adapters you could throw it on the provari with the adapters.

.....assuming adapters are being used.

That is the 1st thing I would check. Adapter gaskets are really flimsy and when compressed a tear creates a short. I'd replace them and wouldn't use those again until I examined them and replaced any torn gasket.

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
....Yes....

The only thing that's left is a bad connection to the mods, then - the center pole should stick out of the connector by at least a hair's width. And the center pin should be in the dead center of the connector.

... You knew that, I am sure, but now I am out of ideas ...

Hrathor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Canton, MI
So it works perfectly on the provari or GGTS with stealth cap. Put it on the collector tank & it shorts. I'm guessing it's gotta be the adapter?

Not sure it would matter but is the AC ring touching the bottom of the Ody? And did you try it with the ring down a bit.

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I have had adapters develop a short I would check that first put the adapter on and check the resistance. If you are using 510 to 510 adapters you could throw it on the provari with the adapters.

too odd, yesterday I almost had same problem. I just set up my GGTS with my iAtty already set up and filled, and changed out my 18350 batts for an 18650 because of the newly made coil which was reading 1.7 ohms on my provari and vaping strong at 3.7v...... I used (3) 510 to 510 short adapters on the TS, wanting to keep the whole unit together and they were the only adapters I have atm, other than the 2 connector adapters that come with the unit...I threw in an 18650 AW IMR, and right off the bat, my mod starts getting hot as soon as I hit the button....quickly as I could, i freeze the button, and unscrew my mod to take the batt out and see what happened..... I almost destroyed that IMR :( after letting it cool down, I threw it back in my PILA and it seems fine...hooked it up to a homemade batt holder and one of my RC battery charger/dischargers and cycled the battery, then recharged again....checked with my multimeter and it checks out fine, no visible damage and it's in my Provari atm working fine...... pulling apart the GGTS, taking out the adapters, I found the short in one of those lol....they looked to be made by 2 different manufacturers, and one had larger pin/pads than the other 2... for some reason it was the one 'sandwiched' between, and the pin pushed up along the inside and shorted to the outside 'can' from one of the other adapters....i ended up tossing that adapter...wouldnt want to see the same happening on another mod even if used on it's own....I have a few anyways, most of em werent used until now....

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
I'm giving up on adapters. Hope the TS native base comes soon.

....me too because I can't trust them to hold up. That's why, when I need one for my GG's, I make one that won't short.

adapt-1.jpg

By making it the correct length the end cap doesn't get scratched either.

ext1.jpg

Adapters do the job they were designed to do...a workaround; I just wish someone would make them with stronger gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread