Dear Odysseus... why do you hate me? (Leaking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
I'm about ready to pack this thing up and sell it. I have a leaking issue with my Odysseus that I can't seem to isolate and prevent. Just built another coil and tested it on my GG Stealth - worked great, just too airy. Put it on my GGTS and it leaks. No matter how tight I screw it on the Stealth, I have no leaking issues at all. But every single time I put it on the TS - out comes the juice. I've triple checked the center pin and ceramic, they're tight. It's not cross threaded or crooked. I literally can't make it any tighter. For that matter, everything is tight.

If I screw the Odysseus down on my Stealth, no matter how tight it is, it doesn't leak. Not a single drop in the connector. But as soon as I put it on the TS - out comes the juice. I figure... when I screw it down on the TS it's putting too much pressure on the center pin so I loosened everything and started from the top down. Odysseus into 901/510 adapter, adapter onto rethreader, rethreader onto connector, connector onto top tube, etc etc. Everything is barely snug. The tubes wobble and the Odysseus is slightly loose as well.

If I had hair, I'd pull it out. Any thoughts guys?

Edit: For everyone that has been PM'ing me stating they'd take this off my hands/buy it, please stop. I understand that the Odysseus is a hard to come by addon but if I am going to sell it, I will put it in the classifieds. I know there are a lot of people who want this, but I am not going to give preferential treatment towards anyone if I do decide to sell the unit. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
On the GGTS, I would remove the collector tank leaving the connector on the top tube. Screw the Ody onto the connector and see if it leaks.

Also, check the mouthpiece and make sure it's not being screwed onto the ceramic holder when you are attaching it to the GGTS. When I get everything set just right, I give the top ring another twist so the mouthpiece is stable and doesn't move.

Lastly, how full is the tank?

Lastly, lastly....don't sell it because you've got a small issue and haven't found the cause. Stuff happens and when you get it fixed, you'll be in business.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
What happens when you fill it and just let it sit on a table ? if it doesnt leak then the problem is surely your GGTS connection and not the ODY,if it leaks when on the table then its your Ody, check this Loft. Mine doesnt leak a drop, running it on my Provari, Darwin, and any Mod. is the oring tight that sits under the ceramic ? make sure it is tight. It really shouldn't be leaking and you should be able to figure this out Brutha before you give up.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
What happens when you fill it and just let it sit on a table ? if it doesnt leak then the problem is surely your GGTS connection and not the ODY,if it leaks when on the table then its your Ody, check this Loft. Mine doesnt leak a drop, running it on my Provari, Darwin, and any Mod. is the oring tight that sits under the ceramic ? make sure it is tight. It really shouldn't be leaking and you should be able to figure this out Brutha before you give up.

Only leaks on the GGTS, does not leak on my desk or any other mod (including GG Stealth). Oring is tight. *shrug*

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Still leaks without collector tank.

The mouthpiece is screwed closed so no juice flow. Not quite sure what you mean by this though.

Happens with tank full, half full, doesn't seem to make a difference.

How much?...a drop or 2 or a continuous flow?

Here's what I would do next. I'd remove the ceramic holder and examine the o-ring on the Ody center post; looking for a tear. While I had it out I would look at the inside of the threaded portion of the base where the o-ring seals. Then, I would use a qtip and wipe out the inside of threaded base and put a touch of vasoline on the center post o-ring. Reassemble, put the Ody on the GGTS connector and with the Ody tank OFF, drop some ejuice down the ceramic slots and see if it starts leaking. If so, you've found the problem. If not, complete the Ody reassembly and put some ejuice in the tank and watch it for leaks.

Step at a time....you'll find the problem

sodapopinski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
I had a little leaking with mine too. It seems to me like the culprit was the connector pin. It makes contact a little differently on the GGTB than on the Stealth or the GGTS. I would screw the ceramic housing into the base of Ody until the pin comes out about 1mm, and that worked great on the GGTB, but when i used it on the stealth, it would leak. Not that much, but still. I just took it apart and unscrew to back the pin up a little bit and put it back on the stealth, and now no leaking at all.

I dont know if that makes sense, im just some newbie like you, but for me, that seemed to work.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Try barely tightening the telescope. It sounds like the o ring seal in the bottom of the Ody is breaking? Did you adjust the ody to the ggts/adapter? Don't sell it!

Sent from my rooted Evo using Tapatalk

Has to be the o-ring....that's why I wanted him to remove the collector tank so he can see the GGTS connector and the Ody. Then, just put the Ody on the connector w/o tightening anything on the GGTS. If it doesn't leak he has a good seal. If it doesn't leak after completing the Ody assembly, he's in good shape. THEN, if it leaks when he tightens up the center pin of the GGTS, he's doing what you posted.

There's only a few causes...when it's isolated the fix will be easy.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
If you could see my head bobbing up and down like one of those dash doggies that were so popular at one time. I am just a novice compared to Para but it has to be an O-ring issue.

If it was an issue with the base itself, it would leak no matter what you put it on. Over the months I have had to adjust my approach to tightening pieces that have an O-ring sandwiched in the middle of them. I'm not a very small guy nad I tend to tighten too much.

On the small O-rings, it doesn;t take much over tightening to breach the integrity of the O-ring material. Just as a thought to see, many of the Ody's went out with identical sized O-rings on the connector pins.

If that is the case with your Ody, try swapping the one directly under the ceramic housing with the bottom ring. When you reassemble, tighten the core into the base firmly and well seated but don't squish its little guts out.

While it has to be an O-ring issue almost certainly, I would at least give what I mentioned a try. If you're like me when I am trouble shooting, even a small victory gives enough encouragement to keep on until you are fully resolved. ;)

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
Loft, can you post pics? What type of connector are you using, can you try another connector and see if it stops? I'd do the collection tank off the GGTS with a different connector and see if it leaks. The connector maybe pushing the center pin too hard and breaking the Oring seal. I've noticed once the ceramic is fully seated the center pin of the Odysseus sits proud of the bottom. Any excess tightness of the telescope will be translated to force directly on that point of the connector (which doesn't move like the GG's center pin) and the Ody center pin.

Both of my Odysseuses have an Oring around the 510 connector, my connector screws up to it and squishes it a bit. This serves 3 functions, it seals the airholes at the base of Ody, (which makes it use the collection tank through the 901-510 connector) and tightens the draw (makes it substantially "less airy".) Thirdly it provides a "cushion" at that connection and prevents the Odysseus from getting crammed down on that center pin.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Hmm If you have access to an Ace hardware or maybe even home depot I would try to locate a 3mmx2mm o ring locally.

Here is my thinking. If you can get said o ring try putting it on the pin under the o ring below the posative wire nut. Or if not you could try sliding the existing o-ring down the pin a bit but I don't think this would be quite as effective. If you are able to di this and you still get leaking it would almost have to be coming through the center of the posative pin leaking down from drippoff from the wick.

Oddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
UK
what dspin says.

its a slight difference in setup, i cant effectively swap from ts to stealth, i get a bit of gurgling on the ts if i setup on the stealth, and the same is true if i set up for the ts, gurgling on the stealth. no real bad leaks but suspect the issue is the same

for ts with adapters it has to be setup off your/any mod. so you can properly tighten the ceramic section in to the base.
this gives you the most airflow and a tight seal.

hope you sort it loft, ody is incredible, but you won't get the most out of it unless its on a ts.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
what dspin says.

its a slight difference in setup, i cant effectively swap from ts to stealth, i get a bit of gurgling on the ts if i setup on the stealth, and the same is true if i set up for the ts, gurgling on the stealth. no real bad leaks but suspect the issue is the same

for ts with adapters it has to be setup off your/any mod. so you can properly tighten the ceramic section in to the base.
this gives you the most airflow and a tight seal.

hope you sort it loft, ody is incredible, but you won't get the most out of it unless its on a ts.

+++++++++++++++10 on what Oddy said - Best used on a GGTS - My opinion

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
I'm sure I've said it before but I always get some leakage after refilling.

I always take my Odysseus off my mod and refill, then stand it on some paper towel for 30 to 60 seconds, I think about 5 or so drops comes out.

I then give it a suck and put back on my mod, vapes perfect till next refill.

I take it off my mod because I dont want the juice dripping into the adaptors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread