Off Taste (Metallic/Peppery Not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just made my first juice!

Batch size 20ml (Wanted to make a smaller one but got too excited).

50/50 PG/VG
(18%) - 100 mg NIC in 50/50 PG/VG (from Vaporshots)
5% TFA Double RY4
1% TFA Original Carmel
.5% (2 drops) Vaporshots Sweet vape (think this is similar to EM)

Used E-juicemeup calculator. Measured with syringes, separate syringe for each.

Poured everything into a brand new and washed amber glass dropper bottle. Shook like crazy and tried it with my aerotank on a VTR (NO STEEPING).

It's definitely understated RY4 flavor compared to Mt. Baker RY4 (the only RY4 I have tried). I like the taste BUT..

I notice a distinct metallic/peppery/chemically..taste in the exhale. Hard to say what it is.

#1 What could be causing this? The Nictone? Haven't heard positive or negative reviews about Vaporshots Nic, got it because of the price.

#2 I have heard conflicting comments about "steeping", some veterans here thought a good juice will taste good from the get go and some thought juice gets good/better after steeping/crock potting etc etc. Would this off taste go away with steeping/aging?

#3 Perhaps this off taste is natural and I need to add more flavoring to mask it?

By the way, this is my 3rd week of vaping and it's incredible how self sufficient and exciting this can be!

Thanks to the fellow vapers here.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Usually when I hear peppery, I think of Nic. What I would do is try vaping a little of your VG, then PG, and finally some unflavored (PG, VG, and Nic) until you find out what's causing it. The only way to know for sure is eliminate the possible causes, 1 at a time. By the way I mix RY4D at 8% and add 1 drop of AP per 5ml of juice. At times I add 2-3% Caramel and Vanilla Swirl (or Bavarian Cream if you prefer). Good luck!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Well it seems Vaporshots uses NicSelect which is nicotine from India so it's pretty normal that it tastes like crap.

Buy from a reliable source next time.. No one has ever gotten bad nic from Wizard Labs, Nude Nicotine and numerous other trusted sources.

Interesting. How did you find out they use NicSelect? Just so I can be sure to avoid it in future from other vendors.

Thanks

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Just made my first juice!

Batch size 20ml (Wanted to make a smaller one but got too excited).

50/50 PG/VG
(18%) - 100 mg NIC in 50/50 PG/VG (from Vaporshots)
5% TFA Double RY4
1% TFA Original Carmel
.5% (2 drops) Vaporshots Sweet Vape (think this is similar to EM)

Used E-juicemeup calculator. Measured with syringes, separate syringe for each.

Poured everything into a brand new and washed amber glass dropper bottle. Shook like crazy and tried it with my aerotank on a VTR (NO STEEPING).

It's definitely understated RY4 flavor compared to Mt. Baker RY4 (the only RY4 I have tried). I like the taste BUT..

I notice a distinct metallic/peppery/chemically..taste in the exhale. Hard to say what it is.

#1 What could be causing this? The Nictone? Haven't heard positive or negative reviews about Vaporshots Nic, got it because of the price.

#2 I have heard conflicting comments about "steeping", some veterans here thought a good juice will taste good from the get go and some thought juice gets good/better after steeping/crock potting etc etc. Would this off taste go away with steeping/aging?

#3 Perhaps this off taste is natural and I need to add more flavoring to mask it?

By the way, this is my 3rd week of vaping and it's incredible how self sufficient and exciting this can be!

Thanks to the fellow vapers here.

Gonna have to check out Vaporshots, I actually like the peppery taste in some flavors.

Edit: Nevermind, just checked the prices, and I'm gonna stick with Wizard Labs, almost the same price, and I know I like what I get from them.

Last edited:

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
Interesting. How did you find out they use NicSelect? Just so I can be sure to avoid it in future from other vendors.

Says right on the front page and a big banner on the product page where they spew some marketing hype about vape grade. Almost everyone who has purchased this stuff was turned off. Some people don't mind it but then again some people love the taste of liver and cow testicles. But to claim that everyone else's nicotine is not USP vaping grade is an absolute load of crap. There are plenty of reputable sources for the same money that is well tried and liked by most of the vape community.

Vapor Shots, Unflavored Nicotine Liquid Solutions are proudly made with NicSelect, a Vaping-Grade Nicotine produced by Alchem International.

WholeSale Flavorless Liquid Nicotine Solution | E Liquids Wholesale Nicotine Liquid

I am somewhat interested in trying this Vapers Tek although I still have a good supply at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread