Off the wall question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Sorry if this isn't posted in the right place but I just didn't know where or who to ask. Does anyone know where to buy a crank-powered device that could power a ecig battery? I have a fear of power outages coming our way & thought this could really come in handy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I had thought about getting one of those shake up or crank up flashlights to mod into an e-cigarette. On further inspection though, it is not worth it. For starters, no matter how much you shake or crank, you can't get more than about .5-1 amp, and you need at least 2 amps to get the job done. Also, the discharge would only be could for a single hit or 2. Thats ALOT of cranking.

I got a cheap universal power supply that lasts about an hour once the power goes out. That way, I can at least get a battery mostly charged before I'm out of power.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
What about a solar powered battery charger? I dont know of a specific model but it is a worthy alternative.

Hi Kid...I've thought of that, but the only place I could put one (and that's only if the sun shines) would be on my front porch - faces west. Only problem is that I'm afraid someone would steal it.

Do you know if that kind of charger would have enough power? I don't know the slightest thing about them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't know if this works but I would like to try it.

SM111122-06-V3-648x498.jpg

BioLite CampStove - BioLite Stove

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread