Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello fellow vapers,

Today I have the OFRF Nexmini pod kit for review. OFRF these days is branded under the wings of Wotofo, but this product has been released under the OFRF brand name due to the mesh coil technology.

Special thanks to Antonio from OFRF for sending me this kit.

Specifications:

Packaging:

· NEXMINI Pod System x1
· M22 nexMESH Coil x 1 (pre-installed)
· M21 Parallel Coil x1
· Type-C Charging Cable x1
· User Manual x1

Have to give my thumbs up on the packaging, in the past with Wotofo/OFRF packaging I was always struggling with getting off the hard plastic cover of the box, but with this device is slit off with no issues after removing the plastic wrap.

Review:

It feels very proper made this pod, and it also looks nice. It does however have branding on even side you glance at; ORFR (carved in) and .com, #NEXMINI, Powered by nexM Technology, and NEXCHIP INSIDE. They could have gone a bit easier on the branding in my opinion. On the back side of the device an interesting honeycomb design metal plate is installed with #NEXMINI nicely painted over it, it looks actually very nice, but these honeycomb holes also will collect dirt on the go.

It has a square shape looking from the top, but the edges have been rounded nicely for a comfortable hold. It is not large by any means, and it is lightweight, what you’d expect from a pod this size. On the top inside of the device you see 4 magnets and two connector pins.

On each side of the device there is holes for air to get into the bottom of the pod. USB-C is placed on the bottom of this pod, which is OK, but I would have preferred it to be on the side so I can charge while the device is standing up. All buttons sit well into the device and are on the tiny side, especially the navigation buttons on the bottom. Did not have any issues though with these buttons and they just work well and react well.

When turning on the device a vertically displayed 0.69inch OLED screen lights up. It is not a massive screen, but for me it is large enough to read all what is required, especially for a pod of this size. On the screen you will find the puff-counter, resistance, wattage level, battery % and voltage output. The screen is not changeable and there is no side menu’s on this device. While vaping it shows the puff-timer on the place of the wattage level. When not using the device for 15s the screen turns off, you can then turn it back on by pressing the fire-button, navigation buttons are locked while screen is off. When reaching the max 30W output it does round robin to 1W. As you might see on the pictures, the screen is very prone to fingerprints.

Things you can do are:

- Turn on/off (5x fire button)
- Lock/unlock wattage (3x fire button while device is on)
- Clear puff-counter (Press fire button and up while device is on)

For me those functions for such pod is more than enough, it would have been nice if instead of locking the wattage you could lock the wattage setting, as locking the wattage also locks the navigation buttons, it’s the same as turning off basically. One thing I do miss on this device is draw-activation, so many times I picked up this device to take a hit without pushing the fire-button, because that is what I am kind of used to from such size pods. Probably they could not include draw-activation because of the device’s base being sealed and waterproof. Guess you cannot have it all, and a draw-activation device breaking due to condensation is also not great.

800mAh does not sound like a lot, but it is performing very well. Getting around *** puffs at 15W. It fully charges within 50 minutes with USB-C. One thing which is a bit confusing is that when the device is fully charged it still says ‘Charging’ with the battery icon filled with three bars, would have been nice if it would say ‘Fully Charged’. You can vape while charging, which for me is always a pro, especially because I work from my laptop and having it next to me plugged in is ideal.

Pods are dark, but not too dark to see the liquid level, which is always good. Even when the pod is installed still around 60-70% of the pod capacity is visible on top of the device, so no need to take out the pod to check your liquid level, just tilt a bit and you’ll figure out how much liquid there is still inside.

They connect very with the device with the 4 magnets and the pod does not wiggle when I try to get it to wiggle. It’s kind of a regular pod drip-tip on top, for me a nice comfortable one for MTL. Coils are pushed into the pod with the help of O-rings, and because of the straight edge on two sides of the coil you can only push them in so that the airflow ring on the bottom of the coil closely aligns with the airflow holes on the device.

Filling is no issue for me, just pull out the rubber pug which is clearly marked with an arrow to know where to pull. 2.5ml is not great, but for the coils and wattage you vape on it is acceptable. No need to regularly refill, I refill this pod around 2 to 3 times a day when using it as my only device.

Now for me the main highlight of this pod, the coils. All coils come with a bottom airflow regulator, you can get a loose MTL (or very restricted DTL) and very tight MTL. Very comfortable that the airflow ring does not come off, it is stuck to all coils, I don’t like small airflow ring adapters as they get lost quickly. There is 4 holes on each side of the regulator, meaning 8 in total. When leaving just 1 open on each side, it is still on the loose side. But I figured out that when entirely closing the airflow it still has minimal airflow coming through and it gives a nice tight MTL draw, that is also the way I have been using it mainly. I think just 4 holes on one side and airflow on one side would have been enough for this pod, especially for it becoming legit MTL.

The flavor of these coils is fantastic for an MTL pod. Best flavor I have had from an MTL pod of such type. Mainly talking about the #M22 Mesh coil. Not sure how they did this, but they did it very well. Obviously, it being mesh helps, but I’ve had other Mesh coil pods that did not deliver flavor such as this one, a real star. Also, the Parallel #M21 vapes great and has a higher wattage output, but the flavor is not as great as on the #M22, but still it is very good. Advantage of the #M21 parallel coil is that you have more flexibility in wattage as the range varies from 15-25W while the Mesh varies from 13-20W. With the parallel coil you can get a warmer vape if you prefer. Both coils deliver a very proper throat hit and deliver nicotine well.

Conclusion:

A very well performing pod that delivers outstanding flavor. It is an easy to use device and there are not any issues I had with this device. It keeps up well battery wise and charging is quick with USB-C.

A good device for those who like portable pods for on the road and are looking for outstanding flavor. Only thing I can say as a downside is that they could have taken it easier with the branding, and draw-activation would have been nice.

More information about this device can be found here; OFRF NEXMINI POD

Thank you for reading, have a good day and a Merry Christmas ahead!

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread