Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Very good to have everyone back again for todays review of the Argus Pod from Voopoo. This MTL Pod system uses only 1 button that controls your adjustment for wattage, clears the puff counter, locks the adjustment function but still able to vape and turns the device on/off. The Argus Pod gives you a choice of 2 display screens and has the round robin feature. This tiny beast sports a 800mAh internal battery that will give you about a 2 full Pod vape time on a single charge, there are a lot of things to go over so lets get started.

Argus-Pod-Kit-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Compact.jpg

IN THE BOX

* 1pc Argus Pod Device

* 1pc Argus Pod Cartridge 0.7ohm (Side Filling)

* 1pc Argus Pod Cartridge 1.2ohm (Side Filling)

* 1pc Type-C Cable

* 1pc User Manual

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Package.jpg

PARAMETERS

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Specification.jpg

VERY LEAK RESISTANT

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Leakproof.jpg

GREAT FLAVOR

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_MTL.jpg

SUPER SMOOTH AIRFLOW

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Air_Inlet.jpg

STRONG MAGNETIC CONNECTION

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Magnetic_Connection.jpg

VERY LIGHTLY TINTED POD

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Full_View_Cartridge.jpg

COMFORTABLE MOUTHPIECE

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Mouthpiece.jpg

LARGE FILL PORT

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Easy_Filling.jpg

GENE AI 1.2 CHIPSET

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Chipset.jpg

SMART POWER SWITCH CAPABILITIES

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Coil_Resistance.jpg

MANY FEATURES

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Details.jpg

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Battery.jpg

0.69" OLED DISPLAY SCREEN WITH 2 SCREEN CHOICES

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Screen.jpg

SIX SAFETY PROTECTIONS

VOOPOO_Argus_Pod_Kit_Protection.jpg

FEATURES

* Zinc Alloy and Leather Material

* 2ml VOOPOO Argus Pod

* 800mAh Integrated Battery

* Max 20W Output

* ITO Atomization Technology

* 4-hole Air Inlet

* Six Safety Protection

* GENE.AI 1.2 Chip

* Airflow Adjustment and Power Adjustment

* 0.69-inch OLED Screen

* Multi-layer Leakage-proof Design

* Side Filling System

* Magnetic Connection

* MTL Lovers

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I have to hand it to Voopoo on there presentation of the Argus Pod Kit, it looks very classy. Included with the device are 2 Pods ( 0.7Ω ) and ( 1.2Ω ) each housed in there own spot next to the Argus Pod device. Included in my sample version was a Type-C charge cord and user manual. Ohms are embossed on the front side of the rubber fill plug and the backside has Voopoo printed at the bottom portion of the Pods.

20220525_164252.jpg

20220523_132528.jpg

20220523_134729.jpg

When I pulled the device out of the box it's size really surprised me when placed in my hand, the leather wrap really gives it a classy upscaled look. Looking over the Argus Pod device the display screen and single button are blended into the side panel perfectly, you wouldn't even know that there is a adjustment button it's so well blended into the bottom of the display.

I wanted to fully charge the device and was surprised at how well the fonts could be seen on such a tiny display screen with plenty of brightness as well. The Argus Pod was almost fully charged when it arrived, the device charges at 1amp and takes about 1 and a half hours to fully charge when the battery is 100% depleted.

As I began charging the device another nice bonus showed it's face, a battery percentage reading as well as a battery bar are on the display screen along with a minute countdown for time left before fully charged. ( VERY BRIGHT AND VIVID ) Rubbing your finger across the display screen you barely feel it and the single button used for adjustments. There is no fire button because the Argus Pod is a auto-draw only device.

20220524_132801.jpg

Both Pods connect as most do by using strong magnets placed on the outer corners between the 2 gold contacts for the Pods coil, the magnets on the Pod are inside of it covered by the thin plastic Pod base. The mouth piece is a duckbill style which I find to be very comfortable . The Argus Pod uses 4 airflow inlet holes to channel the airflow to the coil which Voopoo says prevents leaking, my test sample has remained bone dry during testing.

The auto-draw really work great and in my opinion the 4 airflow feed holes greatly help making it work as well as it does. I think this is the best auto-draw device as of this date for any Voopoo device that I reviewed that had auto-draw, I'm a button presser but the Argus Pod has converted me to really liking the auto-draw feature.

20220523_134308.jpg

20220525_141519.jpg

Filling the Pod is done by pulling open a rubber plug exposing the fill port that is large enough for any bottle tip, it is very thin though so be careful not to rip it when opening. I think Voopoo made it thin to cut down on cost with this being a replaceable Pod only device not replaceable coils.

20220523_160458.jpg

The USB Type-C charge port is located on the bottom of the device out of eyesight keeping a very nice streamlined look of the Argus Pod. Surrounding the charge port is a rubber cushion that makes standing the Argus Pod iffy, it's prone to fall over with the slightest bump so I recommend laying the Argus Pod down when not in use.

20220523_160130.jpg

The back side of the device has VOOPOO embossed in the center of the leather panel that has a series of ridges surrounding it giving a further classy stylish accented look, Gene chip inside is printed at the top portion of the device. I'm very happy Voopoo went with a very lightly tinted pod which makes juice viewing no problem in any light setting.

20220524_153408.jpg

On the other side is where the fully adjustable airflow control located at the top of the device is located. I consider the Argus Pod to be a MTL device but fully open you can get a very RDL vape from it. The airflow range is great, fully open or almost closed down, you really can't vape it fully closed because it actually is too tight but open it just a sliver and you get a very tight MTL draw. My sweet spot on the airflow is 3/4 open for a really great.

20220524_153335.jpg

MENU OPERATION

Having only 1 button, it has to multitask using a easy to navigate menu, to turn the device on when off is done with 5 quick presses of the button, to adjust wattage long press the button until the screen begins to flash, when flashing begins each press of the button will advance 1 watt until you reach the maximum wattage for the Pod in play, once the maximum wattage is reached ( 12w for 1.2Ω Pod ) and ( 18w for 0.7Ω Pod ) it will round robin to 5 watts. The intelligent power switch inside the chip recognizes which Pod is being used and automatically sets and monitors the wattage of each Pod.

Pressing the button quickly 5 times will bring up the menu that consists of 3 choices which are ( LOCK ) - ( PUFF CLEAR ) and ( TURN OFF ), each press of the button will move to the next selection, once on the selection you want long press the button to activate it. If you choose to use the lock feature the device will lock after inactivity and you will need to press the button 3 times to unlock it. There are 2 display screen choices for you, one shows battery % and a battery bar along with wattage, volts, and Ohm load. The other screen shows battery bar, % and seconds of your last vape.

PROS

* Tiny

* Featherlight

* Attractive

* 800mAh Internal Battery

* Great Flavor

* Auto-Draw Works Great

* Only 1 Button

* Bright And Vivid

* Easy To Read Fonts

* Smooth Airflow

* True MTL Device

* Very Quiet

* Lightly Tinted Pod

* Type-C

* Strong Magnets

* 2 Display Screen Choices

* Automatic Pod Recognition

CONS

* Must Replace The Entire Pod Not Just A Coil

* Airflow Setting Sometimes Moves When Pocket Carrying

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

Impressed is a understatement when describing the Argus Pro and the performance from it. Voopoo devices always had to be awakened when sitting idle for some time with a press of the power button to first wake the device up in order to use it, on the Argus Pod no longer is that step needed to do ( FINALLY ). If however you choose to engage the lock feature you will need to unlock the device up with 3 presses of the button when the device has been idle for some time.

The Auto-draw feature works great as well as the fully adjustable airflow control covering the full spectrum of a very tight to a fairly loose MTL vape that is super smooth in any airflow setting chosen. I have had the airflow selector come off my setting a couple times when in a pants pocket.

Both the 0.7Ω and 1.2Ω Pod put out great flavor with the 0.7Ω Pod being warmer, using the 1.2Ω Pod did improve battery life though so you will have to decide what's best for you, I was able to get about 2 full Pod's vaped using the 0.7Ω Pod on a single charge from the 800mAh internal battery , more using the 1.2Ω Pod. Vapor production was fine and throat hit was very good.

Being as tiny as it is as well as a featherweight makes it perfect for shirt pocket carry and the way the airflow is channeled to the coil makes it very leak resistant having no worry of a juice leak.

The easy to use menu and multi tasking single button really is fantastic. I thought that with a display as small as it is that I would have trouble reading the fonts but they are easy to read and my eyes are not the greatest.

I have really enjoyed the Argus Pod and do recommend it because it's a WINNER! I would like to thank Alice and Voopoo for providing the Argus Pod for the purpose of my review.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Reactions: hittman

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I won one of these from e LEGO Mall And I don't typically use this style of pod where you have to change the entire tank rather than the coil but if I were to use one regularly it would be this one. It is adorable. So incredibly tiny and yet feels really good in your hand. Fantastic review. My pod wiggles substantially and yet still does not ever come out without intending to take it out. But it is just the cutest little device

• Winner
    Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I won one of these from e LEGO Mall And I don't typically use this style of pod where you have to change the entire tank rather than the coil but if I were to use one regularly it would be this one. It is adorable. So incredibly tiny and yet feels really good in your hand. Fantastic review. My pod wiggles substantially and yet still does not ever come out without intending to take it out. But it is just the cutest little device
    First off thank you and second a big congratulations on your win, I am still using it daily and still on the original 0.7Ω pod that came with it when sent to be reviewed back in May (FANTASTIC POD LIFESPAN AND FLAVOR)
    I just ordered some more Pods for it from Fasttech, my pod has never fell out of the device either and has remained dry. What color did you get?

Reactions: AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    First off thank you and second a big congratulations on your win, I am still using it daily and still on the original 0.7Ω pod that came with it when sent to be reviewed back in May (FANTASTIC POD LIFESPAN AND FLAVOR)
    I just ordered some more Pods for it from Fasttech, my pod has never fell out of the device either and has remained dry. What color did you get?
    The brown. Which I actually like It's a nice brown. It seems as though maybe that was the primary color that they provided for both reviewers and contest wins

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    The brown. Which I actually like It's a nice brown. It seems as though maybe that was the primary color that they provided for both reviewers and contest wins
    I really like the Brown and I think most reviewers did receive the Brown one, it's very nice looking that's for sure.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I really like the Brown and I think most reviewers did receive the Brown one, it's very nice looking that's for sure.

I got the brown one also. I very much like it. I'm a fan of brown leather on mods or pods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread