leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIF!!!

t3310.gif
Contest for:

(all new) from TW (click to see mod and accessories)

Screwdriver MKII mod
spare switch
leather case
battery
charger
901 atty
3ml sampler Kryptonite (from Goodejuice) 12mg 50/50
t3311.gif

to win:
please post a paragraph about "How PIF has enriched your life".
(spelling doesn't count!)
have fun! t4526.gif

Contest will end tomorrow night 4/16 at midnight.

t3303.gif

Attachments

• t3312.gif
    t3312.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 135

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
Okay, I'll go.

PIF has enriched my life in many ways. The group is a constant....when all else is up in the air, I know PIF is there for me. Since becoming a part of the group, I've seen so many instances of selfless giving, and the gratitude and joy it brings. I love the support PIF offers and I know without the kind gestures and positive encouragement I've received I'd still be smoking today and very well could have given up on vaping alltogether. PIF is a special place, and you guys are ALL special people to me~! We truly are the 'heart' of ECF~!

Aresi

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Fremont, CA
How PIF has enriched my life? That's such an interesting question. One that can be answered in so many different ways. I've made a bunch of friends here who have listened to me rant, rave, and sigh. They've seen me laugh, and be silly. They've seen me at my best and at my worst. And they're all still there. Shoulders to lean on, and cry on, and carry me through rough times. I've gotten gifts, and trades, and treasures from folks of all types here. Without them, I wouldn't be still vaping. I'd probably be back on stink sticks. But the most important way PIF has enriched my life, is that it's shown me that there really are good people out there, and that society isn't a lost cause. It gives me hope, and a bit less hate towards people.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
This is my post from the other thread,its how I feel.I love this group and everyone in it.I dont want a prize,just to join in the fun.

Your so good LBug!You truly understand what PIF is all about.Caring and sharing and helping others.Its not about the Thank yous or how big or small the contribution is.Its not about keeping track,its just giving from the heart to help a friend expecting nothing in return.Just happiness in knowing you did the right thing.Letting a freebee or treasure pass because you know it could be better used and more appreciated by someone who is truly in need.Its all about doing the right thing just because its right.No praise needed.Just being the best you that you can be for yourself.Knowing in your heart that you did it just because you care.

PIF has helped me to be more understanding,caring and giving.Thank you PIF!

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
My Paragraph
by me

PIF changed my life tremendously. I did a ton of research before I started vaping so I actually stumbled across this community before I quit smoking. Just reading through the threads and seeing the genorousity of the people here made me realize that I could quit smoking and that I would have an amazing support group if I chose to do so. I was hesitant about posting at first because, lets face it, it's always difficult being the new kid. And, of course, I made several blunders with my initial posts. I posted in the wrong threads and made all kinds of fun newb mistakes. I was feeling insecure and out of place and then felt stupid for messing up but people were so friendly and helpful that it wasn't long before I felt at home here. In particular, Keyzgirl and Tuck made special efforts to send me private messages specifically designed to make me feel welcome while at the same time, gently steering me in the right direction without making me feel stupid. I will be forever grateful for that. It would have been so easy to chastise me and run me away but nobody here would ever do that. Without this forum, I would probably still be smoking. I found vaping very difficult at first and without the advice offered here, I might still not have the hang of it. So, thank you PIF. You truly have changed my life.
The End! : )

Tuck

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Twister Alley
Sitting here in my computer chair.With no motivation to get out of it. Depression is the mood of the day and everyday after. Life this last year just one big bummer after another. I found the Pay It Forward forum. It made me smile and feel warm inside. It made me happy to see others giving and caring for each other. I wanted to be a part of this group and give so bad. I finally had a reason to feel alive in this world.

hankbizzo5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Ct, Eastern
well:banana: :bday: :banana:pif first of all. Actually i have not really been active in pif aside from a few comments and browsing around but just wanted to say how great everyone here is. My one personal experience was looking for a atty to last until pay day and in less than 1 min of my post i was offered help. Followed by about 10 other people willing to help me for free and did not want to take what i had to offer and cover shipping. If that is not compassion i don't know what is. Big up to all the pif community :thumbs:

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
PIF has enriched my life in multiple ways. The people i've encountered here are interesting! When a PIF deal goes down, most likely so does a conversation and I learn something either about vaping, or the person i'm trading with. I get to know people from all over the country, and I don't feel like the "lonely vapor". Some of the juice flavors i've traded for have assisted me to REALLY get my vape on & even set it over the top! PIF is much more easy to deal with than "freecycle", like I said, I get to know people and those people actually get what they need and want. Each time I make a trip to the post office with a bunch of bubble mailers to send out for trades, I actually feel good in my heart. I KNOW the grip big tobacco had on me, and how now it doesn't. I hope & smile both outright and in my heart when I drop my PIF package in the mail, because I am possibly getting someone out of big tobacco's grip. One of the neatest ways PIF has enriched my life was a recent "middle man deal". A girl I had sold a PV to on the classifieds a while back and I became online friends due to common interests. My online ECF friend doesn't have much, but wants to stop smoking for multiple reasons, & I had the opportunity to help her with some juice needs. This warms my heart to this day.

CarrieM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Rochester NY
PIF really helped me out when I was just getting into vaping. The Treasure Chest was a great source of checking out new juices and hardware. I was able to find my perfect set up and have totally enjoyed being able to give back through a couple of my own treasure chest gift as well as assisting a few people with wants when they were down to their last few ml's of juice. PIF has proved to me over and over that distance and locations have no meaning when there is a member in need. It's being part of a family and for me who no longer has a physical family here on earth it's been a god send. Not only for the supplies but the support we provide for one another during hard times. God bless everyone here and a very happy Birthday to all.

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
PIF has enriched my life many ways, it helps me keep my sanity when the kids are driving me nuts and I need somthing to calm me down....I read, I reply, maybe do a PIF or try and help someone. I have made friends, gained knowledge of the various type of people and have fallen in love with this outstanding community. I feel mostly enriched when I send somthing out...of coarse getting packages in the mail are like cristmass morning giving is far better. Many of us are in some sort of rough situation and still we give what we can....how can you beat that? In summary I can't think of away that PIF hasn't enriched my life. Love, laughter, kindness and all not mentioned! Good luck to everyone! LBug, your one of the best!

swt_silhouette

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
Boston
Aside from the privilege and fun of sharing in all the awesomeness that goes on here, PIF has been a huge help to me in my daily life. I have ADD for which I don't medicate. I have always struggled mightily with organization, focus, forgetfulness, and seeing things through to completion. I had a lot of anxiety when I first started participating in PIF. lol!

I have found that by applying the strategies I am learning from other pifer's and the most excellent tips in the PIF Tips and Tricks thread, and in Pm's and other threads, my life is improving in other areas too!

I also notice I am becoming more mindful and less impulsive in general. I can sit back and wait my turn! (sometimes lol!). So I think I am most greatful to PIF for these reasons. I have a lot of room for improvement still, so I will stick around and keep trying! Thank you PIF!

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I usually try to avoid entering any contests like the plague. One: Because I feel blessed enough with the things I already have. Two: Because of number one, I would feel bad if I did win. Three: I have terrible luck so I generally consider it a waste of my time.

That being said, I absolutely love contests like this. I like the 'creative writing' kind of contests. Where you can share your heart with others.

I've loved reading how PIF has affected you guys so far. And while I usually don't care about winning things, I think this set up would be really great for a smoker I am trying to get some things together for.

_~*~_What PIF has done for me_~*~_​

I was never a privileged child. Growing up, things were always extraordinarily complicated. My family was dirt poor, my mother was disabled, and my father could never keep a job. He later became diagnosed with schizophrenia and also was put on disability. I always had very little.

My grandmother was the closest person to me in my life. Having a father with schizophrenia and a mother who is addicted to narcotics (pain killers) doesn't leave a child in a place of 'respect' for their parents. My grandmother was always my shining example of what the world should be like. She was giving and sweet and was always there for anyone who needed a helping hand. I wanted to be just like her.

However my life did not seem to lend itself to good Karma. No matter how much I gave back to the universe in my own childish way, things never seemed to get better. My father revealed his homosexuality when I was eight years old, my mother left me and moved to Oregon. We got our food supply from the local church and my father ignored me for he was too depressed to deal with life.

Every time I did something nice for someone else, my life, in turn, got worse. I began thinking that maybe life wasn't as straight forward and fair as my grandmother made it seem. But maybe, just maybe, if I gave as much of myself as I could to others, it would prevent me from facing the truly terrible. Maybe it wouldn't get me that brand new CD player or keep my parents together, but it was good Karma and that had to be good for something.

I battled my way through life trying to hold up these values and ideals. I did everything I could and continued to get nothing in return. I was beaten, raped, mentally abused, physically strained but I always looked to my grandmother and knew that it would all be worth it. Someday I would marry a wonderful man like she had done and someday I would live in a wonderful house like she did, and then the universe would pay me back.

I did meet a wonderful man and have a wonderful son. But times were (and still are) very tough. My husband has been on and off work, constantly getting laid off and told the very same thing each time "You're a good worker but we just can't keep you".

And still, I thought, I am halfway there, Grandma. Soon I will be just like you. Kind, giving, and blessed.

Then my grandmother died. She was 63 and she had diabetes. After a long and painful struggle we all gathered around and told her it was time to give up, to not hurt anymore. And she did. I have never felt so much pain. Both for losing my grandmother and the sudden realization that every ideal that had ever driven me to get past my demons just died in front of my eyes, literally.

I had taken a vow that day to live differently. To not get involved in problems that weren't mine. To take care of myself and my family and ignore the rest of the universe because what the hell had it ever done for me?

-------

I wrote the above before. So if you've read it already, don't be mad. It's a painful thing to read let alone re-write for the sake of a contest. It is the prelude to how PIF has helped me become stronger and better. And I will use it as a boilerplate, because it's just very, very hard to write over and over again. The next part, however.. is fresh!

That was months ago. Since then, I have lost a mother, a father-in-law and overcome so many day-to-day emotional obstacles all without questioning whether or not the world is worth the hassle. And I truly thank PIF.

It's so hard to explain in detail how PIF has changed me and my outlook on life. I wandered into the classifieds of this forum one day and probably did what we all did back then.. "oooh. Free!!" :D. I stalked the thread for a while, waiting for something to come up. Nothing really did, so I didn't participate. I ended up coming to the group just after it was given its own forum.

I remember that, within a week I went from juice that was too weak for me and 2 crappy 510 batteries, to all 24mg juice and a nice little passthrough. That Passthrough still exists btw. It's helped many a new vaper now. (Thank you sweet Sensay!).

It only takes one person to change the outlook of another. One single random act of kindness. Sensay sent me that passthrough, which is what, in the end, really got me off the cigarettes. I can't begin to describe the amount of generosity I've been shown here. Given a chuck, various juice, mods, atomizers... All without really having to ask. To go from a life believing that no one cares about anyone, to jumping into a place like this was the change my life needed.

When my mom died, it was harder than I really expected it to be. We were never close, but lord knows I loved her. The people here sent me cards, flowers, chocolates, little angels.. anything they could to bring a smile to my face.

These are true friends... and you know what. I don't need the stupid mod. I already won. I'll send that smoker one of my eGos.

I love you guys.

I just am going to post- Not to enter the contest (honestly) but because I dont do mushy very often. And at least in this thread mine will get lost in amoungst all the others ;-). I just think that y'all are a wonderful group of people- I asked for someones trash- literly- I wanted the soft cap out of a few carto's so I could bling up my batteries. (for which I got a HUGE eye roll from the hubby :) ) - and she offered to send me a better kind- AND send me jewels too! SOOOO very nice- SOOO very unexpected, and it really showed me how nice the folks here can be! and it doesnt ONLY apply to this group- I have found wonderful people ALL over this entire forum- People willing to give of themselves, and their passion. I just think its great to find a community within a community that is willing to help out others and not ask for anything except respect in return, and I cant wait to become a valid member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread