Oh HAPPY DAY.... *contest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

synical

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
la, CA
I rarely post much but I do like contests so here goes.

Among my circle of friends...I'm pretty much alone here as far as vaping goes.Most of them either quit or still smoke. Like most, I've tried the patch, cold turkey...etc and no dice. I to was overwhelmed when I started to research more into e-cigs. Despite that, I was determined more to try an e-cig and hopefully quit smoking. At first one my close friend's took interest in using an "e-cig" and that gave me even more motivation. But when I got my e-cig...his interest disappeared. Hell, he didn't even want to try it out...leaving me alone in a crucial time of need/support. Getting into a bad car accident the week of starting didn't help either...but that's a different story.

So this is where PIF comes along. I've lurked the forum, got/gave a TC and even helped out with a want. The joy of people being happy in general is what has helped me stay on course and I'm not sure if I would last this long w/o it. The generosity of the people here that helps and opens my eyes not just on the net but out of it as well.

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
I just want to thank everyone who took the time to tell their story.

Normally I don't even sign up when I view forums, I'll just lurk. I've been lurking for years on a few websites that I read daily. I quickly realized how much I had to learn about ecigs before my first purchase, so I created a username and grudgingly posted in the new member's forum. I heard about pif and being the reader that I am, I went in search of it. I watched for a while and read the rules. I didn't have anything to offer, seriously I had nothing and Btngchick offered to put up a PIF for me. Over time, I've came to know so many of the members, know their situtations, struggles and even their joys in life.
All my life, I've searched for a sense of community. I was an only child and like Lynlee said a long time ago (i'm paraphrasing), only children WANT to share, they want someone to share with. I love it when someone asks for something that I have. It makes me feel useful. All through my life, I've collected the good people and made my familly out of them and I feel like that's what pif has somehow done and it all started with one person offering something up for free :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
The ECF has become like a second home to me, and PIF is the Heart and Soul of it all... wub.gif

I love to read all of the posts from everyone and see all of the caring and sharing that goes on here, although I haven't been able to contribute as much as I would like to... :unsure: In the 8 months that I have been vaping I still haven't been able to build up much of a stock pile since I always seem to be cutting things so close. But I have tried to only take when needed, asked for very little, met the few Wants that I could, and tried to contribute in other ways... like hunting for sales and bargains, or even contests to share.

People here that know me, also know that I've won more than a few contests through the ECF, but what a lot of them might not be aware of is that most of what I have won has gone to help quite a few of my friends make the switch to e-cigs... :) And others I have helped to find a starter kit of their own with some of the great sales that the suppliers offer to the members here!!
There have been 8 of them so far, and I am currently working on the next 2... :vapor:

So I try to keep the PIF Spirit alive in my daily life, as well as on the Forum... but one thing I will say for sure... if I win this contest, I am keeping it for myself!!! :facepalm: LOL!!

Darkwitless

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2010
KY
I know how much Leanne wants to give this away and feel I should participate. I wasn't going to because I don't need to win but I do want to share.

Honestly it was the Chippy thread that brought me out of lurkerdom (poor poor Chippy). The humor. The sharing. Then I popped into chit chat (much busier in those days, before the chat area was opened) and you people sucked me right in. People checking on each other. Reminding them to take care. It wasn't all about the vape - but quick to direct a noob like myself to where I could find help or an answer.

One day yssim sent me a PM asking for my addy so she could send me some juice. I'd admitted I did not have much yet - a couple of bottles of dekang I'd bought with my 510. Tobacco flavored of course. She sent me peach, almond joy, black licorice, and fried apple (as well as a couple of others). OMgosh - a whole world outside tobacco flavors! Then Satharra and I chatted one day (miss you!) about fruit flavors and she sent me some peach & hypnotic mist to compare to one I'd tried with another vendor. For no reason other than to help me broaden my horizons.

I'd participated in a couple of PIFs by then. It was fun, but something was missing. I got something, I gave something. Then I got included in a behind the scene celebration for Tuck's last treatment! SCORE! I was one of "them"! A true PIFer! and it felt so good!

Even on my busiest days I try to stop by and say good morning. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't. So I admit it: I'm being selfish participating here. I get so much more than I give here. Nothing of cash value, but that feeling that only friends give you. Of belonging to something greater than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread